Annet's Short Trip 15-16 august

Started by Annet, August 27, 2010, 07:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annet

Hey you all! It's been a while since I've posted here, but I just got back from my vacation (two weeks of touring through Belgium, France and Luxembourg) and ofcourse that included a little DLP!

I haven't got all the pictures yet, so I'll be doing my full report tomorrownight, but I guess a one word description of the trip would be: WET!!! It was pouring rain non-stop both days, we we're absolutely soaked every night. Despite our DLP poncho's :P There weren't any parades or shows because of the rain, so that was a real downer for me, but ofcourse it's Disney so we had fun anyway :)

To be continued...

norhel

Welcome back and home :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Annet

So my short trip report! It's not much, but I wanted to share it anyway. I'm saving up now, hoping to go in november again, if I can find someone who wants to join me that is... Anyway, we left Brussels early so we could be at DLP in time, on our way there it started to rain. On my previous 5 trips I never had much rain, so I was positive that it would clear up. Boy was I wrong :P

We checked in at Kyriad, which is a pretty nice hotel by the way. I had never stayed there, but I liked it. After putting our stuff in the room we took the shuttlebus to the park. We got there around 12h/13h. We were already soaked from the little walk from the bus to the park, so first stop was getting ourselves some poncho's! Which would become our home for the next 2 days, we practically lived in them :lol:

I didn't like that there were hardly any characters through the rain, and no shows or parades. Especially since I was with 2 friends, one of them had never been in DLP before. So I wished her introduction had been a little better. On the bright side: the park was very quiet for a sunday, but maybe that also had to do with Toy Story Playland being opened only 2 days later.

It was really constantly pouring rain, so with our pants and shoes being soaked we each had our turn in a very grumpy mood :lol: But despite everything we did have fun ofcourse! I got to buy myself a new pair of Mickey-shoes (the converse-like ones) with a very good excuse, since my sneakers were totally ruined by the rain after 2 days.

We just went from attraction to attraction 2 days, through the rain. The upside of the lack of shows and parades, that we got to do much more attractions in 2 days than usually. I think we had almost everything, except Indiana Jones cause it was closed. I'll just post some pictures and add text where necessary :)

Before watching Captain EO, very spacy with the poncho's...

When we walked out of the Pirates, Jack Sparrow was standing there since we had our only dry 5 minutes of those days. So ofcourse we had to take a picture! He was very good in his role by the way, asking me if I had a room for him, checking my friends gold jewelry on value... :lol:

I got quite a headache on Space Mountain this time. So on the second ride, when we just stopped in the middle of the ride, I was actually quite relieved that my head was given a break :P

When we went in IASW, there were 3 pretty long queues and the 4th was totally empty! It wasn't closed, so I walked down that line. My friends didn't want to follow me at first, cause no one was standing there. But I guess that's why that line was empty in the first place, most people see no one and just line up in the other queues, so that one stays empty.

We're practically the only ones not smiling in this picture :lol: I can't helping screaming and holding on, but still I want to go on the ToT again and again and again... I love it, despite the adrenaline. The castmembers on this ride were great this time, very much into their roles. The guy in the library told us to stay on the carpet, when I said sorry and that I already was on the carpet, he responsed with "That's okay, we have people doing that all the time. People with lesser education then you." Very funny.

Sully has his dry spot, so fortunately he was also taking pictures.

The Character Express made a little tour, but the characters didn't come of. It was nice though to see some anyway.

tubbsy

Aw! such a shame about the weather-but the park looks so empty and I'm glad you got on so many rides :D And lucky you being able to get to Jack Sparrow-we managed to see him but it was a battle to get a photo - my daughter has bruises to prove it! And I lov your last pic! ;)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DisneyMAD..Woops

I was there the same time as you :o I was there 15th to 18th because it's my birthday on the 16th

The rain stopped on the 17th but I agree it was horrible on the 15th and 16th :/
August 1997 - Off Site
August 1998 - Cheyenne
May 1999 - Disneyland Hotel
July 2004 - Cheyenne
August 2007 - Off Site
August 2010 - Santa Fe
August 2011 - Santa Fe
September 2015 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest