Trip Report for the Baloos - 27 - 29 August 2010

Started by davewasbaloo, August 22, 2010, 10:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

One bad thing however is we got three push chairs on the Saturday, and one was stolen in Sotrybookland, so we decided to make due with the 2 making the oldest walk. Then as we left Capt Eo, a 2nd was stolen, so we were down to 1. Not good at all.

My wife wanted me to write a letter of complaint about the push chairs, hotel room and Annette's, but I talked her out of it.
since 2001 (many before that)

mr gibbs

Hi Dave,
Good report as usual, glad you had a great time with your friends.
I must admit that i'm more curious now about TSPL. We were there in mid July before it opened, so i'm not able to give a first hand opinion on the inside of the area itself. RC sounds like a very badly designed ride, you may be a bit on the 'cuddly' side Dave, but in no way could you be described as 'BIG'.
I didn't much care for the visual pollution it caused to some other parts of the park when I was there, but the same could be said for TOT, so I suppose it depends on a persons individual preference and taste.
I agree with your observation about the lack of live acts in peak season, the only 'live' event we saw was the (very) small circus at the entrance to the village – whatever happened to the big stages & shows!
As a frequent visitor, I was annoyed by the hundreds of small cost cutting measures that new guests would not be aware of, such as the lack of  flames at Indiana Jones you mentioned. But these things are what make Disneyland Disney! Hey-ho....smile and wave..........smile and wave!
Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate\'s life for me...!

dagobert

Thanks for the answer dave!

It's such a shame that there is no live entertainment except the show on Central Plaza at DLRP at the moment. Stupid cost cutting. It would be so great to see a real stage show again in one of the theatres. It was already discussed in the TSPL thread, but I think that's one of the negative effects of the huge discounts DLRP is giving to their visitors.

So the ship in Adventureland is blocked off? Can you see it or is there already a fence in place. I really, really hope that the ship will get a refurbishment soon. In February the fire effects at Indy and at the Adventureland entrance were working, so I hope that the effects will return.

Was the windmill spinning in Fantasyland and did they already replace the wooden planket at the entrance to Adventureland from Fantasyland? Did the effects at the SM canon and at the Discoveryland entrance sign work? Sorry for the many questions, but these small details make DLP special.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"So the ship in Adventureland is blocked off? Can you see it or is there already a fence in place. I really, really hope that the ship will get a refurbishment soon. In February the fire effects at Indy and at the Adventureland entrance were working, so I hope that the effects will return.

Was the windmill spinning in Fantasyland and did they already replace the wooden planket at the entrance to Adventureland from Fantasyland? Did the effects at the SM canon and at the Discoveryland entrance sign work? Sorry for the many questions, but these small details make DLP special.

Nope, the ship was not behind fences, but the gate to the gang plank on deck was locked.

No spinning windmill

No replacement on the arch between Adventureland and Fantasyland

No boom or recoil on the canon, but the door at least opened on the cannon.

The sign on Discoveryland was still not spinning (and Orbitron was only partially spinning).

Festival Disney

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "dagobert"So the ship in Adventureland is blocked off? Can you see it or is there already a fence in place. I really, really hope that the ship will get a refurbishment soon. In February the fire effects at Indy and at the Adventureland entrance were working, so I hope that the effects will return.

Nope, the ship was not behind fences, but the gate to the gang plank on deck was locked.

No spinning windmill

No replacement on the arch between Adventureland and Fantasyland

No boom or recoil on the canon, but the door at least opened on the cannon.

The sign on Discoveryland was still not spinning (and Orbitron was only partially spinning).

In July, there was a boom from the Columbiad and the Mill was spinning... shows what happenes if you don't keep up with the maintenance I suppose  :roll:

Is there any air conditioning in the SM queue? It's always been very warm in my experiences (August last year and July this year)

Dave, how loud was the SM soundtrack when you were on? With me it was barely audible...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

i love main st

thanks for the info on the ap's really worth looking into i think...
And thanks to you and tubbsy for the info about the pass,to be honest we have never really needed one as i dont know what it is (perhaps disney magic ;)  )but everytime we go he is a changed boy ,he just comes alive ,its fantastic,yeah he's still a little shy with the characters ,but once he gives them a big hug he is fine and happy...might be useful for my mum though..we are taking her with us this time,as my little boy has promised her he will take her on his 16th birthday to ride buzz lightyear with him,..mum isnt to good as she has arthiritis and anjina (sorry for the spelling) and will only get worse so she is coming as a surprise for the children..i carnt wait..but i worry about things like getting on the rides as some move or you have to climb in and out and she is not the fastest, also waiting in ques...would the pass help for things like that ?
  anyway once again thanks for the info... :D   :thumbs:   :D

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Dave, how loud was the SM soundtrack when you were on? With me it was barely audible...

Well I was pleasantly surprised, I could hear the soundtrack loud and clear. Probably the first time since Mission2 launched in my experience.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "i love main st"..but i worry about things like getting on the rides as some move or you have to climb in and out and she is not the fastest, also waiting in ques...would the pass help for things like that ?
  anyway once again thanks for the info... :D   :thumbs:   :D

Provided you have a recent medical certificate, she could have a pass. Also if you get an AP, wheelchair rental is free!  :thumbs:

tinker_fairy

really enjoyed reading your report :) but totally agree with the whole merchendise thing.. it really is a shame ot being able to hunt for things now. takes some of the fun away as it seems more tacky and money grabbing. but hey ho :) xx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

davewasbaloo

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.