Tori's 23rd Birthday 27th-30th August 2010 DAY THREE ADDED

Started by toritinker, August 21, 2010, 12:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Brilliant report (loving you present-beautiful!)
I'm thinking the same about the fireworks-they started just after 11:00 each night. Such a shame you missed them, they had their own special Disney charm *Sigh!* :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

Oh don't worry we saw the firworks on the next day hehe!!! :D
Thanks, it really was an amazing birthday!
I heard about the tour via google research haha! I emailed the address showen below (all details included incase you want to phone/fax!

V.I.P RELATIONS
Accueil Hôtes de marque, Boîte Postale 100, F-77777 MARNE LA VALLÉE Cedex 04
(  +33 1.64.74.21.26     Fax  +33 1.64.74.26.62
mailto:dlp.relations.vip@disney.com">dlp.relations.vip@disney.com

it was booked in minutes! (they are very quick at emailing back :D )
day three coming up now....
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

toritinker

Day three - Part One Disneyland park

Sorry for the delay had a few problems to sort out! But anyway, day three coming up!

So we started the day a bit later today because we were so tired last night and got so much done yesturday!! We went down for breakfast about 8.15am and filled up again on bacon rolls and fruit. We went to get the shuttle bus for 9am. There was a huge queue already at 8.45am! So anyone staying at the Radisson Blu PLEASE get there early if you want to take advantage of the shuttle buses! They really are tiny and although they put on two buses, they only seat about 50 people in total, not many considering how many people want to get to Disney! We were just going to get a taxi but the buses arrived and luckily we got 2 seats  :thumbs:  Other people weren't so lucky and had a half hour wait for the next two buses  :(  

Anyyyyyyyyyyway.... we were once again on our way to Disneyland  :D/  and I was just so excited!!! I couldn't decide what I wanted to do first and the BF suggested Buzz Lightyear as it was a firm favourite last time. We decided we would go straight to Discovery land and check out the queues. We reached the park and it seemed very busy! There was a queue to go through the bag check and once cleared the crowds seemed to disappear  :?  so we headed through the gates and onto main street  :D/  I was so happy again hehe!! We walked through Discovery arcade as the main street was heaving!!

We headed towards Discovery Land and as it 9.25 am the ropes were still up. We knew we wouldn't get through the ropes as we didn't have a hotel pass/annual pass so when the CM asked us we just said it's ok we can wait! He turned a few people away and when there was no one around he said we could go through because we had been so nice and didn't "act stupid" like other people had (one woman shouted at him!!) So yaaaaay!! We made our way towards Buzz and noticed there was not much of a queue so we got in the line and became very excited for the ride!! About 9.50am the line started to move and we were heading into the queue inside (wow lots of walking just for the queues haha!)  

We had waited about 15-20mins in total and had an amazing ride!! My score was too pathetic to post on here.. I swear everytime I do this ride that my gun is broke  ;) The ride was just as good as I remember it and I can see why it is so popular!

Next up was Space Mountain as it was showing a 10 minute wait  :thumbs:  

I LOVE this ride! Loads of the effects were working and although I came off feeling a little bit sick and with a small headache (took tablets straight away and it was gone in 15mins) it was well worth it!! I was so nervous when we got into the ride because my restraint felt loose, I even called a CM to check it for me lol. But all was ok and couldn't wait for the ride to start!

After this we needed a bit of a slow paced walk so grabbed a drink and had a look around the land

We decided on a ride on Star Tours next! The queue time was only about 15 minutes!! While this ride is somewhat dated, I really enjoy it. The ride lasts a while and the story line is quite good! It was very bumpy though haha, but still it was a great ride  :thumbs:

We had done all we wanted in Discovery Land and it was only about 11.30am ish!! We decided to head back to FrontierLand and try Phantom Mannor again (we do love this ride haha!)

We only queued for exactly 8minutes for this ride!! WOW!! who ever said summer time is busy, well it is but if you hit the right attractions at the right time there are no queues!!! After a great ride we had a look around Boot hill, such a shame people seem to miss this!

It wasn't in the best condition ever but still worthy of a good 5-10 minutes looking around :)

We were going to grab fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain but the queue time was only 30minutes so we decided seeing as we were there to just queue up as I quite like the queue for this ride! It was a good ride and I wish we had done it again hehe. We wanted the photo but when we went to look we both had our eyes closes *doh* never mind hehe!!

We had a look in the shops and slowly made our way over to Fantasy Land. By now it was about 1pm ish (maybe just before!) So we thought lots of people would be having lunch especially with small children, and we were right  :thumbs:  We saw that Snow White had a wait time of 15 minutes, so we joined the queue and it moved very fast!

I was really disappointed with this ride. It went SO fast. I can't remember it going so fast before  :?  I missed looking at loads on this ride as we were whizzed around :( Feeling disappointed we decided to try Pinnochio as the wait was 20minutes.

Well that wasn't worth the wait either! Honestly these rides are amazing inside but why go so quick that you can'y take anything in?!?!  :(  We had a look in the princess shop by snow white (can't remember name?!) and I bought a gorg pink princess frame - it's beautiful!!

By now it was around 2pm and we were STARVING so we grabbed a chocolate waffle, apple and a fanta from a cart and had a well deserved sit down!

We were feeling much better after a pit stop but decided we wanted to go and look in the Disney Village shops and have a general look around while it would be a little less busy. We had a loooooong look in the shop hehe and had a little rest on the small stage watching the world go by.

Part two coming up soon when the photos have uploaded!
Sante Fe - December 2008

tubbsy

Another brilliant report-looks like you had a fab time :)
Snow white and Pinnochio-Mark and I thought that the irdes were defiantely a lot quicker than they used to be-so glad we're not the only ones who thought so, oh and Peter Pan seemed really dark and you couldnt see all the detail.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

toritinker

we had such an amazing time, can't believe how quick it went :( we are going back in two years too!! again in the summer we think :)
yes defo agree with peterpan!! least it didn't go really quick though..
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008

tubbsy

Quote from: "toritinker"we had such an amazing time, can't believe how quick it went :( we are going back in two years too!! again in the summer we think :)
How much do you bet we miss each other by hours again?  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

toritinker

hahahahah yes!! we will be going over the bank holiday weekend again so plan around then :P haha!!!
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008

Laura678

Could have sworn I posted a reply ot this two mins ago!

I am realy enjoying reading your TR! It looks like you both had a fantastic time! Can't wait to read the rest!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

RockNRoller

I love trip reports for two reasons and this one has them both in spades.
1) You can really get the feeling of excitement and enjoyment from the description of each day there
2) Although you went to the same park as me and went on the same ride as me your photo's are completely different, I will never take enough photo's but Im going to have to make a note of some of yours so I can take them too.

Loving the report
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

toritinker

Day three - part two - the Studios/Disneyland / village!

After our break from the park we felt ready to get back to it! It really is a very long day if you don't break the day up, and even with no kids in tow we got very tired and a bit ratty if not fed/watered/rested every few  hours! It wasn't overly hot but still t-shirt/shorts/skirts weather and it's easy to forget to drink when in the parks!!
So feeling very rested we headed back to the studios to see if we could catch any toy story rides (we decided 30min top was the time we would wait as the rides weren't deemed "amazing" by us!!)

Walking through Studio one there was a band:

I loved the live music it gave so much  atmosphere to the place!! We did admire the music for 5-10mins, they were really good and drew quite a crowd!!

Heading towards TSPL it was obvious the waiting times would be VERY  high:

very very busy!!

with 2 hour waits per ride, we didn't bother!! we just had another look around:

more shopping hehe!

we saw a few characters too!!! this was quite a treat  :thumbs:

The army men were BRILL! They were so in character and great with the kids, and the adults!!

We decided to head back to Disneyland Park and on the way out we saw minnie mouse! She had a VERRRRYYY long queue so we didn't bother but still took a few sneaky pics!

When we got back to the main park, we were hungry, again, so went to Victoria's for a snack:

the pizza's really are scrummy!! and not too over priced either - compared to lots of things in the parks!

We had another look around the castle and on the way out the Sleeping Beauty show was just about to begin. She is my FAV princess so this was a real treat to watch! It was very busy and sadly we got very pushed out of the way, but we could still see so never mind  :D

The show was great and I love the dancing and the characters seemed to have a great relationship.

The next ride we wanted to do was Peter Pan. Now we were very silly and forgot to get a fast pass earlier! When we got there the fast passes were all gone so we had no option but to queue. We doubted the queue would decrease by much later in the day as it is a firm favourite in the park. So we bit the bullet and just queued. This was our longest queue at 40minutes. I still don't think this was bad considering we didn't really queue for any thing else during a bank holiday weekend in August!!! The ride was good, a little dark (like tubbsy said!!) but still such a favourite of mine. A little boy on the ship with us said "tinkerbell's dust must be so powerful to make all these ships fly at the same time!" this really made me go "awwww" and remember just how magical EVERYTHING is for children in the park!!

After such a long wait it was time for an ice cream!

we did have lots of drinks/ice-creams/snacks as we had allowed this when looking at a budget for the holiday. The icecreams are E3.25 (i think) each but when you have achy feet, they really help haha!! We didn't want to take our own snacks/drinks as we couldn't be bothered to carry them!! Guess as it was only two of us it didn't break the bank for us.

We sat by IASW and watched the clock parade, it was 4.30pm by now!

I love the clock parade and loads of people didn't even blink an eye at it  :( during the entire trip whenever we went past no one was looking at it lol....more room for us to watch though hehe!

Next we had a quick look around Aladdin walk through...*YAWN* and decided to have a good look in shops on Main street before heading for dinner at Annettes!  Lots of shopping later... (oops) and we were at Annettes! We were prepared for a wait seeing as it about 6-6.30pm by now and you can't book to eat. We were VERY surprised, no queue and seated within 5 minutes!!

BF had a well deserved pint! (E8)

I had a more reserved fanta because I ordered off the set menu for E17.95 which was a drink, choice of burger and a brownie/icecream/cream desert. The food was stunning and the atmosphere was great. I did ask for a children's frisbee and I got one free haha, always pays to aks  :thumbs:

Anyway great food, great prices, top service!! Here are some pics:

Rock and Roll burger:

O.M.G BEST DESERT EVER!

yummy ice cream:

I think the total bill was about E70 for us both including extra drinks, not bad at all!!!

When we were leaving the dinner, there was a small circus stage set up and we stayed and watched for a bit:

We went back to the park to catch the parade and as my camera was dying (battery fault :x ) I only took a few pics mainly of the princess float! We stood opposite IASW and had  GREAT view!! We chose here because of the princess stop and easy to escape the madness at the end of the parade!!

my fav pic:

Following this with a 5 minute wait it was time for one last go on IASW!!! This time I managed to get loads of pics and even better, the BF looked a tiny bit happier to be there!!!  [-o<  I love the last scene the best...

We headed back to do one last ride with a 10minute wait on Phantom Mannor. It had been our favourite ride and wanted to do it again before we left the park!! Perfect ride as usual.

We headed back to the hotel very tired but very happy.... we had two bottles of wine in the hotel bar and had a drink to celebrate what a fantastic holiday we had had in Disney and how lucky we were with everything! We could not get over how much we got done every day!!!!

Day four - travelling back - coming up soon!
Sante Fe - December 2008

toritinker

thanks laura, just updated it as you posted!
R&R - aw thanks!! it was a very long waited trip so we just enjoyed every second of it! Going to Disney makes all the problems back at home disappear and it really is truely magical, I want to be back now!!!
Sante Fe - December 2008

Owain

Great trip report, where in south wales are you living if you dont mind me asking ?

Reading these reports makes me more excited for my 5 day trip for halloween !  :)

stepintothepink

Was the ToT tour in english as well?  I emailed DLRP but they told me it was only in French!!  Thank you!!

stepintothepink

Was the ToT tour in english as well?  I emailed DLRP but they told me it was only in French!!  Thank you!!

SwipatronSparks

tot is inf rench unfortunately ¬¬ well it is most of the time, last time i was in dlrp i rode it 15 times in 5 days and over those 15 rides i think we only rode it 1 or 2 times with it in english sometimes the CM's working it will ask how many people speak english and might show it in english, just depends on the day i suppose.... whether they have changed that i dont know....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....