2010 trip, August 12th-15th.

Started by tinker_fairy, August 17, 2010, 05:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinker_fairy

Here's my trip report a few of you requested. I know I'm going to forget a lot of it, and I'm not sure what days some of it all happened.. but I'll try my best!

Day 1

The day started off at 7am, getting last minute things ready, to leave the house at 8. After a drive to Ashford we were at the station by about half 8. We were checking in early, but I much prefer to do this. The place is a lot quieter and there is no panic about being late. We reached the part I look forward to.. THE DISNEY LIFT!! (anyone who has been to Ashford will know what I mean!) ;)

After checking in with Disney Express, we were ready to board the train. However things almost fell apart at the first hurdle as the lift broke down when we were the only people left in the queue! After getting in a major panic (with the rest of my family already downstairs) the lift finally worked and I got to the platform in time to see the train pull in. After a mad rush of suitcases and children, we were on the train (few!). However, people seemed to be in our seats. It was ten we realised we were on our return carriage, not the outward one!! So we all had to drag the suitcases through the coaches to get to our seats. The train was already moving at this point but we finally got to our seats. Wasn't the best way to start the holiday as I had gotten in such a tizz, scared the holiday would fall apart before it had even started! But hooray, we were on the train on our way. (so much for the organisation of arriving early!!)

The journey was calm and didn't take too long and before we knew it we were handing in our suitcases and stepping out into Disney! The moment I had dreamed about for so long was finally here. We went straight into Disney Park and went to city hall to get my little brothers Easy Access Card (he is disabled). We went round fantasy land doing the small rides such as Snow White and Pinnochio. We also did small world which had the most ridiculous queue I have ever seen in all my trips! Its usually anything from a walk on to 10 minutes, but we were queuing for somewhere between 30-40 minutes.

I then went to get fast passes for BTM while the rest of the gang went to get our luggage and hotel room key. After a queue for fast passes and a stroll through the village, we dumped our stuff at the Cheyenne (rooms have improved since last time!) and headed back to the parks. It was then onto Pirates (brilliant as always) and BTM (again, brilliant as always!) We carried on around the parks for a bit then headed towards main street for parades and fireworks. We couldn't get a very good view as a huge crowd had gathered before us,  but we somehow accidentally ended up so close to the castle, having the best view of the fireworks I have ever had, without sitting in a space for hours. It was just magical. Then we sat in the village for a while grabbing some nuggets and chips from a food stand, and back to the hotels. Not a bad first day really! Day 2 soon!
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

jackieann

Hiya.

What were the que times like on average?? i am going on the 29th and as much as i am looking forward to it i am also dreading it because the que times, normally we go during term time!!!

also i know what you mean with the ashford lift - i love it (prob more than my kids)!!

tinker_fairy

erm.. well the queue times vary dramatically. Sometimes everywhere was nuts, like snow white had a 40 minute queue but a 5 minute one another time. It doesn't really make much sense. If you go on the rides late at night when the parade and fireworks are on, the queues are really empty. And when the weather isn't great, the daytrippers stay at home. I would suggest doing the major rides when everyone is having lunch, and grabbing a fastpass whenever you can. But yeah, going in summer the queues will be bad. But it's bareable.

Small tip, don't waste time going from one ride to another going 'oh the queue is huge, lets find a smaller one' cos you will waste so much time. Just find a ride and commit to it, it'll go fast if you're with people.

Space mountain, pirates and Indiana always have a small queue. But it really is just luck of the draw. Have a great time! Hope I helped xx

tubbsy

Great first day Tink :D Its getting me really excited

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

great first part!! and glad you made the train!!!
I agree with what you said about the queues - they will be there so just have to do them !
can't wait to read more
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

kelly.dylan

great first day, looking forward to reading more :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Laura678

Just read day 1...Looking forward to day 2! :D
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

tinker_fairy

AHHHHH sorry guys.. i've totally abandoned the forum as of recent as there has been so much going on, disney has had to take a back seat :( how awful! and tubbsy... ive missed counting down your trip with you!! i'll be reading your trip report shortly! now anyway.. a very belated day 2! hahaha!

Day 2

The day started off bright and early, with breakfast in the Cheyenne at 8.45. Today we decided to start in the studios. We headed for Tower of Terror, and I took my little brother on who had been so excited about it as he hadn't done it before. He absolutely hated it, so I came off feeling incredibly guilty :(.  He soon cheered up after using his card on Genie's carpet ride and Cars Race Rally. We then used his card to ride crush, waiting about 10 minutes instead of the 2 hour queue which had built up. Nice ;) Got a look at Toy Story Play land too. It wasn't open yet but the rides for in operation for 'invitees only'. Got a few videos of them in action though. A ride on tram tour, couple of rides on Aero-smith then back to Disneyland Park. We got a reservation for Buzz and Peter Pan, and did a few more rides (now is the time all the days mix up and I can't remember which day was what!) We had dinner at Videopolis, and stuck around in Discoveryland for a while, riding Autopia and Space Mountain.
   We split up later in the day; 6 of us went off to watch the parade but four of us went to do the night ride of thunder mountain. It was fantastic! We went round once (asking to sit at the back of course!) then ran round to the entrance to make it on for another ride! Second ride was brilliant... tried our luck again.. and the woman shut the doors infront of us! Noooo!  Big Thunder Mountain at night is just amazing. The views were brilliant. Then coming around from frontierland we watched the fireworks, then met up with the others and headed back to the hotels. Another wicked day :)