Euro Disney S.C.A. Third Quater Revenues

Started by Festival Disney, August 10, 2010, 11:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

Does this mean they made a profit now?  :o

•Third quarter resort revenues increased 5% to € 323 million, reflecting higher guest spending, hotel occupancy and attendance
• Third quarter real estate revenues increased by € 50 million, due to a significant sale of a property which had been subject to a long term ground lease
• Nine-month year-to-date revenues increased 3% to € 893 million, reflecting an increase in real estate activity partially offset by declines in attendance and hotel occupancy at the Resort in the first semester

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CO ... 0-2010.pdf
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Tuvok

Very good news, but they're not yet making profit. Compared to last year, they are still 2,4% down in operational revenues (not taking the real estate profit in account), but they found the way up!

I'm going for 4 days tomorrow in the Disneyland Hotel, so that should increase their revenues considerably haha.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Malin

So despite an improved quarter it still hasn't stopped them from making massive cutbacks this year on entertainment and park hours. Its a no brainer spending would be up since the Resort has started selling actual merchandise people want to buy.

I'm also not suprised attendance and occupancy is up since the company have offered vacation packages at a heavily reduced rate.

PetiteSirene

Just because their is an improvement doesnt mean they are going to start splashing out money instantly... Finance doesnt work that way and the cut backs and profits might be saving up for something big like the 20th celebrations and a new e-ticket. Considering the state of global finance at the moment I think its great they are up on last year and I hope the saved money is not only going to be used to give us a great 'rumoured' ride and 20th celebration but many more of the fab refurbs that have been going on around the park!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Malin

QuoteJust because their is an improvement doesnt mean they are going to start splashing out money instantly...

I don't expect them too. But if I see an improvement than I at least expect not to see more cuts happening. Something tells me these cuts are the real reason for the upturn. Good way to spin the numbers guys. We can all point to the state of the global markets and use that as a scapegoat for only so long now. Most of the Resort's main markets like France and the United Kingdom have been out of Recession for many months. So the economic situation has been improving for a while now. But that hasn't stopped Management from slashing park hours. I think its unacceptable to find the Disneyland park closing at 6:00 PM on a weeknight in September. While the CEO is boasting about being encouraged by the third quarter results.

PetiteSirene

Even if the up turn is due to them re budgeting all it shows it that at the end of the year if they make a profit that profit can be saved to work on something else. I am in favour of cuts now if it means we get an awesome 20th celeberation pour example. The figures they release cant tell us where they will spent their savings, nor why they are making cut backs. I always like to have a pinch of Faith, Trust and Pixie dust that better things are coming around the corner that we just cant see yet.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Malin

The 20th will happen regardless of the outcome to this financial year. Its aleady well into the planning stages and budgets for Ratatouille have already been set. No cuts happening now will make a difference.

The cuts are being done to help narrow the losses that were made earlier in the year. Of course if the company had started construction on TSPL a bit quicker it may of had something worth while drawing people to the Resort. Instead of having to offer 40% discounts that do cut into the profits. Despite the recent upturn the company will not make a profit this year. So Euro Disney S.C.A are now trying to narrow down the losses that were made earlier in the year. So it can boast to investors that it was able to have a smaller loss compared to the previous year.

Its a nice dream to think Management are holding back on revenue to use it on future shows and attractions. But the reality is no profit will be made this year. Its all about keeping investors happy and not the Guests.