Disney Store Belfast Re-opening

Started by magic_823, August 03, 2010, 11:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magic_823

Hey All

Just to let you know that the disney store in Belfast will close in its temporary location on Saturday 7th August.
We will then reopen on Wednesday 18th August at 11am back in our original location.
This store is the first IP store in the UK to open and is the same as the store that opened in cal, spain and Italy.
We will be 1 of only 5 stores that have had this makeover.
To kick the festivities of Mickey & Minnie will open the store on 18th August, we also anticapte that Goofy and pluto will be there also!  :D/

Nadine  :D

magic_823

Hey All

Just to update you- its confirmed thats its just going to be Mickey and Minnie opening the store on wednesday now.
I get my first look at it 2m morning when i go in to help merch it! very excitied! :D

Nadine

Sulley

WOOHOO!

Hopefully I'll be there :D

Aveen2008

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo minnie and mickey can we meet and greet them??? :D/  I went to belfast the other day and didnt realise there was no store it was very sad lol! :(

is it opening at 9am?
Luv Aveen xoxo

magic_823

Quote from: "Aveen2008"oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo minnie and mickey can we meet and greet them??? :D/  I went to belfast the other day and didnt realise there was no store it was very sad lol! :(

is it opening at 9am?

Hey Aveen

Yes we have been closed for over a week now so that we can move to new store.
It opens at 11am on Wednesday and yes there should be an opp to meet and greet mickey and minnie - there will prob be a queuing system.
Was in the store on saturday and i have to say i was amazed by it- the store is the closest thing to going to a park in my opinion. the layout - is fantastic and the art work and use of projections is fab. :thumbs:
There are also 9 hidden mickeys throughout the store- i have managed to find one soo far  :(

Nadine

Sulley

Oh I'm so excited :D

Don't think I've been as excited before about the opening of a store lol!

Aveen2008

ooooooo opens at 11am thats more possible since i would have had to get up really early to be there for 9am - i think i just may have to go hehe!! :thumbs:
Luv Aveen xoxo

bigrossco

ooo Aveen you will have to share the pics! :)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Sulley

I didn't get to go in today :(

How did it go?

Aveen2008

Hey,

I went this afternoon so unfortunately missed minnie and mickey opening the store as I wasn't feeling great this morning. The new store layout is brilliant, the store itself looks much bigger than the old one and you feel like your in a disney park store! I wasn't expecting it to be that good really as I had seen the videos on youtube if the other new stores, and although the belfast one is pretty similar its still great! It was super busy today though...seen magic_823 aka nadine behind the counter working away lol ;) You would never think it was the same shop. There is more merchandise too...its great
Theres a screen at the back and someone teaching children how to draw mickey, the magic mirror were cast members get to show little girls a princess in the mirror- not sure if the princess is supposed to be which princess they are most like or something lol.

sorry I didnt take a camera but i would have felt silly anyway as the store was packed! :P

It gets a thumbs up from me :thumbs:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

Aveen please tell me you have pictures. I dont really fancy 60 miles just to see what the new store looks like (although I'm very tempted :-) )

bigrossco

hay pete sorry at the end of her message said she didnt take a camara, shame would of been nice to see what it looks like done up not that I been there lmao
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Alpop

Does anyone know when the Milton Keynes one is opening?

Sulley

At last I got to go into the new look disney store, and I LOVED IT!

I didn't want to leave, I felt like I was in Disney land and was so disappointed when I left and found out I was just on the  Belfast main street :(.

dagobert

Quote from: "Sulley"At last I got to go into the new look disney store, and I LOVED IT!

I didn't want to leave, I felt like I was in Disney land and was so disappointed when I left and found out I was just on the  Belfast main street :(.

Do you have any pictures of the new store? You are so lucky to have a Disney Store. Here in Austria we don't have one, even in Vienna is no Disney Store.