Pay to meet the Princesses

Started by Pete's Dragon, May 22, 2010, 12:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you pay to meet all the Princesses at once?

No
23 (69.7%)
Yes, but no more than €20
6 (18.2%)
Yes, but no more than €30
3 (9.1%)
Yes, but no more than €40
1 (3%)
Yes, but no more than €50
0 (0%)
Yes, yes, yes. Whatever it takes !!!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 22, 2010, 12:51:42 PM

Pete's Dragon

Last time we went to DLP we seriously considered paying to have a meal at the Auberge De Cendrillon just so our daughter could meet some of the princesses.
Now I know the other option is to queue for anywhere between 1-2 hours at the Castle Stage and the most you're gonna get is 2 princesses.
What if you could pay to meet all 5/6 Princesses at once, get a photo taken and be off around the parks in less than 30mins ??? I know I was willing to pay €120 for food I wasn't gonna eat just to meet them.

So would you be willing to pay, for example €30 to meet all the Princesses at once and get a photo??

(Heck, I'd pay €15 to get all the dwarfs in one place. Please no photos of dwarfs or I'll hate you forever  :P )

burntsienna

I'd maybe consider paying upto €20 but no more and that only depends on the mood I'm in that day. Plus I kinda like that hustle and bustle of trying to get an autograph etc..but then I also get very nervous and feel rude/impolite for asking  :lol:
So really it would cause me a huge dilema! :lol:  8)
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

tubbsy

We're going to Auberge with a cake for my 16 year old this trip. Four visits and no meet and greets with the princesses... but then again shes only shown an interest in them in the last few years :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Aveen2008

I wouldn't pay anymore than £40 and I think I would need to be guaranteed to meet them all and have a professional photographer there and stuff. Auberge de cendrellion would cost me more than that though as I usually go with my mum (2 adults) plus your not always guarenteed to meet them all. I have queued at the castle stage for an hour an a half to meet cinderella (on her own), about 45 mins -1 hour to meet belle (on her own) and luckily one november went straight to the castle stage first thing as fantasyland opened and only had to queue about 10 minutes to meet aladdin and jasmine.

I haven't met Aurora yet, Ariel or snow white yet. I would almost rather queue for an hour than face the scrums, like you have to with most characters :roll:

It would also completely depend on how much spending money I had on a trip lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I wouldn't pay anymore than £40 and I think I would need to be guaranteed to meet them all and have a professional photographer there and stuff.

Guaranteed - all 6 Princesses and a professional photographer. €30 ?? Seems resonable. €10 extra for an offical frame?

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Don´t give Disney any stupid ideas.
I would never pay for ANYTHING else than food and drinks in DLP.
I would pay more at the gates if Fantasmic was present with princesses and all in Paris.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Don´t give Disney any stupid ideas.
I would never pay for ANYTHING else than food and drinks in DLP.
I would pay more at the gates if Fantasmic was present with princesses and all in Paris.

If I could give them any great idea it would be - teach cast members in DLP to control scrums and make people line up to meet characters! It would also stop people getting hurt and the amount of angry and upset people at character meets were there is a scrum is awful!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

I went for no more than €30.00, again I would suspect that a professional photo would be required as well as you're own. I'd would go higher but then I thought the rest could have been used to pay for my chosen professional shot with the fancy border..  ;)  :)

I'd go €40.00 if it included the professional photo..  :D

Alexander

Well if you look at it from a business perspective... the characters are attractions. And I wouldn't pay to go on BTM or PM or SM or (wait, do they all end in M?)... ;)

No, I wouldn't.
Life is different.

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "Aveen2008"If I could give them any great idea it would be - teach cast members in DLP to control scrums and make people line up to meet characters! It would also stop people getting hurt and the amount of angry and upset people at character meets were there is a scrum is awful!

:thumbs:  Agreed! I was really shocked at the way characters are mobbed at DLP after the organised queues at WDW. It really doesnt take much for the cast members to organise a queue and let everyone have 1 on 1 time with the characters :?

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Soap

No thanks! That's not in the spirit of Disney at all......
Paying foor your food + benefits is okay imho. just like at cafe Mickey or the Auberge.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Wonderlicious

I honestly don't mind about character dining whatsoever (though not having kids or being of the mob-characters-instantly age, I wouldn't necessarily go for it anyway). You're going to need food anyway, so why not have a meal and tick some obvious characters off the list without having to mob the poor performers in a stressy situation in the parks? If I had a daughter, I would definitely consider going to the Auberge de Cendrillon (unless funds were tight); I saw the queues for the Disney princesses the last time I was there, and I personally would not want to stand in a queue longer than one for Space Mountain in an uncovered environment.

I also have to agree that they ought to set up some queues or an orderly system that doesn't require mobbing and complete entanglement, especially in Disneyland Park (Walt Disney Studios is normally less crowded anyway). I honestly think that some kids rush to a character simply because they're a character; I've seen the likes of the Big Bad Wolf, Brer Fox and Gadget get mobbed, when I'm sure few kids these days know who they even are or what film/series they're from.  :?
-Joe

Walt Disney World]
Disneyland Paris]

lauramumof3

errrrrrmmmm well we are paying to go to auberge to meet some princesses but i dont think i would pay to do that, because they take photos on the castle stage dont they? we just took our own. But i completly agree that people should line up to meet characters its dangerous for kids...........but then again people just get giddy and over exited (adults hehehehe)
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

SwipatronSparks

i wouldnt pay to see them seperately... i agree with paying when its a character dining experience... but not just for the photo at the stage etc. not when you would then have to pay for the photos after...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....