Nicolais trip of classics and new thrills *TRIP VIDEO*

Started by DLP-Photos.com, August 02, 2010, 03:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

Quote from: "forza_united"[spoiler:2j0ydxca]This time we sat close to the actor and it was very funny to look at him before the show and how he prepared. I was amazed at how quickly he got into the theater - we were there before him and decided to look out for the seats. We were looking away for 3 seconds at most and suddenly he was there. You could sense that he was a bit irritated by us and the guys behind us - I guess he could sense that we knew what was going on, although we tried not to show it.[/spoiler:2j0ydxca]

Was wondering something about Cinémagique;
[spoiler:2j0ydxca]When you sat next to him, you know, how was it when his phone started to ring? Did the others around react in some way? And how did he prepare himself for the show? Was he far away from you?[/spoiler:2j0ydxca]
And I also wonder, is it always the same guy in every show, 365 day a year?

Great report anyway :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Alan"The photos were taken with a Nikon D90 DSLR.

That's correct Alan, although a few of the shots were taken with my iPhone and some with a Panasonic DMZ-7.
Quote from: "norhel"
Quote from: "forza_united"[spoiler:2t6tny9n]This time we sat close to the actor and it was very funny to look at him before the show and how he prepared. I was amazed at how quickly he got into the theater - we were there before him and decided to look out for the seats. We were looking away for 3 seconds at most and suddenly he was there. You could sense that he was a bit irritated by us and the guys behind us - I guess he could sense that we knew what was going on, although we tried not to show it.[/spoiler:2t6tny9n]

Was wondering something about Cinémagique;
[spoiler:2t6tny9n]When you sat next to him, you know, how was it when his phone started to ring? Did the others around react in some way? And how did he prepare himself for the show? Was he far away from you?[/spoiler:2t6tny9n]
And I also wonder, is it always the same guy in every show, 365 day a year?

Great report anyway :-)

[spoiler:2t6tny9n]At one of the showings the people behind seemed quite shocked and angry at him, and it took them quite a while before realising it was all part of the show. That was quite fun. I could clearly hear that both the talk and the phone was recorded, but I guess you doesn't realise when you don't know it is an actor. It is quite convincing.

The guys seemed a bit nervous (perhaps because we were looking at them), but one of them did a great job of acting during the silent movies part before the phone sequence. He laughed his heart out and it was actually almost over the top. His suit made him stand out from the crowd during the summer though!

We sat near him twice and it was not the same guy :D[/spoiler:2t6tny9n]
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

disneyrules

Great trip report so far :D
I hope you had a good time :) Great photos!
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

mattboywonder

Quote from: "forza_united"
Quote from: "toritinker"wow disney...then paris..then back to disney?! what a lot you guys can fit into a day!!!!!!!

Quote from: "tubbsy"Fantastic trip report. I cant believe how much you managed to do! :D

Well, it was a hard day, but I always say: "When you travel you can sleep and relax when you are back home. There must not be time for it during."

I totally agree with that one
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

em

I am really enjoying this trip report!! Your pictures are fab. We went last November and Cedric was on the TOT he was brilliant and my 2 kids thought he was great!
Explorers Hotel - October 2003
Santa Fe - November 2007
Sequoia Lodge - November 2008
Sequoia Lodge - November 2009
Sequoia Lodge - November 2010
Sequoia Lodge - November 2012
Walt Disney World - March 2016

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for all the comments and sorry for the delay - but I had Inception on my mind :P (Saw it twice during the weekend). Here it is:

Day 5 - the last day of magic:

It was Saturday - the last day of July and the last day of our wonderful trip. We had until 4 PM in the parks and we agreed that we needed to try as much as possible on this last days. All our favorites should have that last visit from us!

After the usual breakfast in La Cantina at 7.45 and dropping of the luggage in the hotel we went towards the Disneyland Park for the EMH. Of course we started out trying Space Mountain: Mission 2 for the 7th and last time of the trip. This time we actually had a comfortable ride sitting in the back in the middle of the train. It was nowhere near as rough as the other times - great way to say goodbye... After this we strolled around Discoveryland and Fantasyland for some photos...

... ending up by Peter Pan's Flight for our second and last flight through London and Neverland. The queues really are too long during the day, so it is great that you can visit this attraction in the morning as is it with Buzz :) Extra Magic Hours is a wonderful invention.

We then went towards WDS through Main Street U.S.A. - taking some photos of this masterpiece and interior of the bakery...

We got one of the free drink coupons in the bakery and were unsure whether we had the time to use it in the afternoon or not. So I wanted to give it to someone in stead of just throwing it away. Why not make someone happy - and save them 2,50€. I first asked a mum (because her son was wearing a Manchester United Shirt :lol:) - I gently said: "Excuse me, would you like a free drink later in the day using this coupon." Before I got to explain further, she almost ran away from me and seemed scared. I don't know if I've looked like someone who was going to hustle her, but I was astounded by this reaction. Just before leaving the park I asked a family of 4 and they were very happy and grateful, so I came to the conclusion that the first mum had just been a bit uptight :lol:

When we left the park the marching band was playing in front of Disneyland Hotel - great to see them back - FINALLY! It just adds that extra excitement and atmosphere when you arrive at the entrance of the magic.

In the Studios they had once again changed the way things went. This morning they opened the gates at 9.30, the queue for Crush was already open and they got people in the shells right away, which meant that we had had our 3rd and last surfing session with Crush at 9.45 - one quarter of an hour before the park opened.

We went towards TOT and took a fastpass for app. 11 AM and got in the queue - they hadn't opened the lobby yet so everyone was standing in the outside queue. After all the time was only 9.55 and everyone had quite a laugh when they announcer said that the Walt Disney Studios Park was now open at 10 AM - pretty much everyone in the queue had already been on Crush by then, so this seemed a bit misplaced. But they opened the lobby and we were desperately scouting for Cedric - with no luck! It took a long time and we wondered why - when exiting the Library we got the explanation - the middle shaft was not working. So app. 8 cast members was just outside the exit of the library to scare us, because their shaft was out of operation. Once again the ride was amazing! And it was just as amazing when we used our fastpasses - but still no Cedric!

After this we caught the 11.15 showing of Cinémagique after taking another fast pass to Tower of Terror - we needed a last ride. So we had fast passes for 01.15 PM. Cinémagique was once again a pleasure [spoiler:str0yurq]although a actor didn't seem as much in character compared to the one on Friday[/spoiler:str0yurq]... Now we had some time to spend, so we decided finally to use the ability of the tickets - to switch parks as much as we wanted to. We went back to Disneyland Park for lunch and perhaps a ride or two, before we had to go back to WDS for TOT.

We were welcomed by the March Band - this time in Town Square - once again it brought that extra dimension of atmosphere into the park that only they can bring.

We had lunch in Toad Hall - we had to take advantage of the fact it was actually open now. I once again had the Fish'n'Chips and Kristian had the chicken burger. After this we had some time to spend - the fastpasses for Big Thunder were already too late in the day (4.30 PM) so we headed towards Indy (because of the long waiting lines at BTM) for the last "ride of hell". Although the ride is a bit bumpy, I still like the themening - it is sad to think about the fact that has been even more immersive than this :(

After this we went towards the Studios for the last ride on Tower of Terror - still no Cedric but a wonderful ride that we enjoyed very much. I am already looking forward to trying it again - it has pretty much everything that I ask of a WDI masterpiece! On the way there we walked past Studio 1 and afterwards through the Studios:

After this we left the Walt Disney Studios Park for the last time of our visit and entered Disneyland Park for the last time - time was really running out. I took photos of all the old posters beneath the Main Street Railroad Station - you will be able to see them when I post the link to all of the photos in tomorrows Trip Conclusion.

It was time for the final countdown of favorite rides - which had os going on Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain and Captain EO. A 50 minute wait by Big Thunder Mountain was the reason we didn't ride more rides in these couple of hours.

The magic was running out, but what a day we had and what a trip to look back at :mrgreen:

Tomorrow I will post the Trip conclusion and a link to the complete album with all my photos from my trip, and sometime in the future you will be able to see the trip video - I'll try make it faster than the latest which had a couple of months' delay :P

/Nicolai

tubbsy

Aw! End of the trip! I hate that feeling. Shame Cedric wasnt there
Loed reading your reports and you have some great photos :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

LadyGagaFan

Aww
I loved this trip report
I laughed when I saw the POTC on-ride photos :')
Welcome to the land of Magic...<33

toritinker

what a great finish to your trip, thanks for taking so much time :D
x
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

sasjegbruv123

Lovely Trip Report!!! Fabulous pictures! Really did love it and has helped me plan our first trip to disneyland after 5 years with younger brother and sister!  :D

jackieann

Loved reading your report and the photos!! they are all lovely.  

Just wondering where abouts on the park was the wizard of oz little bit from day 1 trip report??
XX

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "jackieann"Loved reading your report and the photos!! they are all lovely.  

Just wondering where abouts on the park was the wizard of oz little bit from day 1 trip report??
XX

thats on.... *checks map for proper name* Le Pays De Contes de Fees, its the boat ride thats next to the casey jnr ride =] (we call it story book village lols)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

DLP-Photos.com

Once again - thanks for the comments :)

Trip conclusion

So as you who has read the entire report would know, we had a magnificent and magical trip. In this last post before the more visual ones (Photo album and Trip Video) I would like to sum up the trip. The easiest way is a list - once again I will list positive things in green and negative things in red.

The negative stuff:

- Some of the older queue lines could use a refurbishment giving them an air condition system - especially Space Mountain! You can stand within the building for quite a while and when it is 35 degrees outside it is at least 40 inside and probably more. One evening (9-10 PM) it was so hot that people were leaving the queue and doors were opened everywhere. I know it probably isn't the easiest, but on the other hand it must be possible. Other queue lines with heat problems: BTM, Star Tours, Indy (FP) and some of the Fantasyland attractions (based on previous trips).

- People's behaviour during parades - this is hard for DLP to do anything about, but I struggle to understand how people think they can come to the parade 5 minutes before show time, almost tackling their way through the crowd making it to 1st/2nd row only to put their children up on their shoulders. This ruined my possibility to get my dream photos of the fireworks from Town Square (I was there for over an hour), but more important some of the kids at my position could not see one bit of the parade because of people arriving right before show time. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

- The price of merchandise - mainly on-ride photos. 20 € for 2 normal photos is a rip-off and don't get me started on 15 € for one. When I bought the BTM photo I asked what the cheapest option was and it was 15 €. That is crazy, I'm sorry to say.

- Cleaning of the toilets... I understand that it is extremely hard to keep the toilets clean in the park during the day. But in the morning? Sometimes all toilets looked like - well cr*p. That cannot be right - some of them were extremely dirty and disgusting later on.

The positive comments:

Where do I begin??

- The Marching Band - It was very nice to see them back in action. Especially in a summer with a lack of other entertainment. As said in the report they just give that extra magic that makes it even more Disney.

- The Enchanted Fireworks: I have to say, I enjoyed this more than I did Wishes on my latest summer trip. The timing and elegance were in top and even though I had just witnessed a 40.000 € fireworks display 3 days before going I was very impressed. A worthy end to your days of magic.

- The easyness of crossing Main Street U.S.A in the evening right up to the parade. CMs formed a crossroad by Casey's and Victoria's giving people like me and my friend an easy way from Frontierland to Discoveryland or vice versa without having to go through the crowd making people irritated.

- The possibility to ride Big Thunder Mountain right up to 11 PM - this gave us some moments of true magic watching the beautiful fireworks from the mountain while experiencing the ride when it is most funny.  :thumbs:

- The way they handled the Studios in the morning. A smart move to actually have 30 minutes of EMH for people to queue for and on Saturday also try Crush' Coaster. They know it will be very popular when the crowds are that big.

- The food variety... It surprised me to see that the only place (correct me if I am wrong) to get a cheeseburger in the Disneyland Park now was Café Hyperion. The only dish I saw multiple places was pizza (and Nuggets) - although everything is still fast food this actually gives you a possibility to get some variation during a 4 nights stay without having to spend hours in Disney Village.

- Many more, magical moments (e.g. the TOT Cast members)

That pretty much sums up the trip and my experience. Hope you enjoyed it and look out for the Photo Album and Trip Video.

As a final treat for now you are not going to miss out on my merchandise (I got a lot :lol:)

Two things are not photographed: my PSG shirt and my Tower of Terror: I survived shirt. The latter gave me a lot of attention walking around the parks wearing it.

Well here it is:

For my work station at work

My two on-ride photos and a bag of Disney candy

I have been seconds from buying this on my two latest trips, so now I did on my third...

The traditional christmas ornament

My two latest additions to my WDCC collection

And now the pins:

And finally my two film collection additions from Paris:

/Nicolai

Terkina

Thanks for a great and entertaining trip report  =D>
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011