Backlot to become Marvel Studio? (Rumour)

Started by |Q|, April 27, 2012, 08:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Quote from: "Anthony"Well they still very specifically mention the "multi-year expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park", don't they?
I actually think they really could be referring to a massive expansion project. I don't know whether you've read the last pages of the 20th anniversary book yet, but they say that -- in the future -- they want people to be planning on going just to the WDSP for a day-out and then going home without even stepping foot in the Disneyland Park. The park is going to "grow up to twice its present size". I think they're alluding to something more short-term. After this year, I think they'll announce their expansion plans. (They may even surprise us and tell us in the up-coming shareholders' meeting, but it's unlikely.)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

mco65

changing backlots would be a refreshing change.. there is a ton of room back there...  :thumbs:

|Q|

Some Belgian newspaper says that Spider-Man is coming to WDS.

I don't really see it likely... Why promote a Sony franchise, when they have their Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Q

disney-john

Cos Disney owns marvel, and Sony pay marvel to use spiderman, so all money returns to Disney..... I think
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

CafeFantasia

Over on Twitter I posted a link to the full article translated into English:

disney-john

Can't see spiderman replacing Armageddon, the size of that attraction isn't that big. And it would be compared with the one at universal's IOA which is still one of the best rides Ever. But will have to wait and see.....
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

orsie

I can't wait for them to start revamping WDS. At the moment it has an atmosphere and feel that I really don't like. Last year I started to like it a little more and I hope that continues this year. I love Marvel so this would be absolutely amazing in my eyes! Although I would think it would be quite unlikely that they change the stunt show as it was copied over to america and recently received Lightning McQueen. Also how popular is Marvel in France anyway?
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

|Q|

Quote from: "orsie"Also how popular is Marvel in France anyway?

Well, the Avengers earnt $37,765,919, making it the second biggest european gross for the Avengers (second only the UK's whopping $80,112,873), it doesn't sound bad at all (also, i remember last time i was in paris, Iron Man II was out, and i've seen tons of cool Iron Man and Hulk toys, stuff that here in Italy i've never saw)

Q

disney-john

Thinking about it I would pefer Marvel for a third gate as I feel it is popular enough and has the staying power, and Toy Story Mania and thel ike to come to the studios.... there's really only Armaggeddon and the tram tour that needs work, you could close the tram tour and let people walk around the London sets. And could replace Armaggeddon with..... suggestions..?

Marvel would work as a third gate and get teenagers flocking to the resort

I know this isn't a new idea, but going off Marvel for the studios dont think it will fit with whats already there, or it gonna turn into an Islands of Adventure