DL | Mickey's Soundsational Parade (2011)

Started by Anthony, July 30, 2010, 07:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

QuoteFirst Look: Artwork for Mickey's Soundsational Parade Coming to Disneyland Park in 2011

A new parade, Mickey's Soundsational Parade, will stomp, clang and drum its way to Disneyland park next year.

Today, we're sharing the first preview of the artwork for Mickey's Soundsational Parade. It gives you a glimpse of the vibrant colors and exciting array of Disney characters that may appear on the streets of Disneyland park in 2011.

Plus, there are a whole lot of exciting elements for the new parade that can't be captured in this artwork:

• The parade is an explosive music festival with thrilling rhythms and bold percussion that will bring to life some of the most beloved melodies from Disney films.
  • Live musicians will amplify the fun. Mickey Mouse and some of your favorite Disney characters will play live and will encourage members of the crowd to join a giant jam session.
  • Lively dancers will stomp out rhythms as a syncopated drum line, twinkling cymbals, steel drums and more entertain guests with sensational sounds!

The parade promises to be the most foot-stomping, infectious festival of music you've ever seen — or heard! I've heard it's "soundsational!"
Disney Parks Blog

I wonder if this spawned from the alternate idea Katy Harris talked about before Paris' Once Upon a Dream Parade was decided on for the 15th, celebrating music and musical instruments...

Looks like the kind of parade Disneyland is sorely missing, anyway!

Malin

This is amazing news. With a new parade, Little Mermaid attraction and Star Tours 2 all opening in 2011. I am so going to Disneyland now  :D

What I'm liking from the concept art shown is that it has no Pixar Characters. Finally we have something new at Disneyland that does not feature any Pixar. The concept art looks very much like that for Tokyo's Jubilation Parade. Really interested in what the finished product will look like and really pleased to see a Princess and the Frog float.

Thanks goes to the Disney Parks blog for sharing and re confirming this fantastic news.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

This parade looks really good! Hope it turns out as well as it looks and that the music will be just as festive:)!

luke85

Those floats look amazing! Can't wait to see what the finished pieces look like :D

Snow_White_Girl

This does look fantastic, I too am relieved to notice the distinct lack of Pixar, though I bet Toy Story will be in there before the finished product hits the park!! Also, is that Giselle I spy on the front of the princess float?!?! :o

\":lamp:\"

Columbiad

This is the only parade I;ve seen that looks like it might almost be as good as OUADP.

Owain

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Also, is that Giselle I spy on the front of the princess float?!?! :o

I think its rapunzel, because it looks like her hair trails from the tower to her head at the front  :)

carrydee38

this looks great as I think the OUADP has run its course, as much as its great it was never a brillant parade....

Owain

Quote from: "carrydee38"this looks great as I think the OUADP has run its course, as much as its great it was never a brillant parade....

This isnt for Disneyland Paris if thats what you mean.....

Its for Disneyland (California).

I have to say i dont agree that ouadp has run its course, its only just 3 years old ! Its still got alot of life in it. And its an amazing parade !

15MagicalYears

Oh wow, that really looks awesome, especially the PATF float!

mattboywonder

it looks like an improvement over 'Celebrate: A Street Parade' making it more character based.  I always find it a bit odd; Mickey and Minnie rocking out to 'I Love Rock n Roll'!!
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Gert

I like the name of the new parade and the floats. It's seems realy magical!

disneyrules

It looks very impressive and enjoyable :thumbs:

I think the floats are mickey and friends, lion king, peter pan, mary poppins, princess and the frog, aladdin, the princesses, little mermaid and i think the saludas amigos.

I am surprised the parade regulars e.g. alice in wonderland and winnie the pooh are not in it.
I am glad that princess and the frog and tangled will be featured though, which will make it fresh and origional, am i right in thinking that she has never had her on parade float before.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

carrydee38

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "carrydee38"this looks great as I think the OUADP has run its course, as much as its great it was never a brillant parade....

This isnt for Disneyland Paris if thats what you mean.....

Its for Disneyland (California).

I have to say i dont agree that ouadp has run its course, its only just 3 years old ! Its still got alot of life in it. And its an amazing parade !

ahh sorry misread thought dlp was getting a new parade...what a shame wonder when they will get a new parade maybe for the 20th celebration....wonder what will be in store for that

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Also, is that Giselle I spy on the front of the princess float?!?! :o

I think its rapunzel, because it looks like her hair trails from the tower to her head at the front  :)
Ah well spotted! :) I think I remember reading that they can't use Giselle as a parade or face character in the parks because she's based on Amy Adams and Disney have to pay her every time they use her image (or something to that effect!) which was why I was so surprised when I thought it was her!!

\":lamp:\"