15MY's Super Sweet Mother&Son Trip Report!

Started by 15MagicalYears, July 04, 2010, 03:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Hey Guys!

Read our Pre-Trip Report here - //http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9401&start=0

Woah, finnally I've found time to sit down and get this thing started! We got back on Friday afternoon and I must say, it was possibly the most magical week of my life! Though most days by the afternoon it go unbareably warm :| .i'm soo excited to share my trip will you all. Also we loved the Newport Bay, we're not sure if we would return though, with so many Disney hotel's I think we'd like to try the rest before returning here.
I don't want to start without photo's and just now I'm uploading and resizing all 2400 of them :o  So I'll give you some Pro's and Con's and I'll start the full day by day report tonight.

Pros -
The weather was gorgeous! Really, really nice.

Buffalo Bill's. Tbh, I wasn't really sure on this one and thought I was taking a bit of a chance hearing mixed reviews but it was a fabulous night, we both really enjoyed it.

Captain EO! An amazing attraction, and I'm so happy to have been able to see it.

Cons -
Most days the heat was unbareable and we'd have to return to the hotel midday.

Character free for alls! This was our first proper full holiday in Disneyland Paris. I've only been on day trips before and my mums only been to WDW and we were shocked with the chaos just to meet the characters! Why don't the charatacter handlers organize the crowd into a que? We ended up avoiding most character's down to the choas surrounding them.

Merchandise. I must say we did spend and buy an awful lot but it was dissapointing to see the same thing in every single boutique. By the end of our stay we just didn't bother going into new shops as we knew exactly what to expect.

Overall there was alot more good points in the week than bad points, we really enjoyed ourselfs and cannot wait to return. Until I return with the full Trip Report I'll leave you with a few pictures :).

tubbsy

cant wait to read more of your report. Glad you had a great time  :D  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

kelly.dylan

Looking forward to hearing about your trip, my son is 10 and its just the 2 of us on our Disney trips and i thought in a couple of years he wont want to go with me anymore but seeing you and your son gives me a bit of hope that we have got a few years yet ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

15MagicalYears

Day 1 - Sunday 27th June.

It was an early start this morning, not being able to sleep much the night before I ended up waking around 5am not being able to fall back asleep I decided to just get up and organized. Our flight was at 12:45 with checkin at 10:45. After what seemed like an eternity, we arrived at the airport as bright eyed and bushytailed as can be with atleast 4 hours sleep. It said on the notice boards our flight had been delayed until half 1 which was fine, just ment we had more time to spare at the airport. We checked in and then headed straight through secuirty. Glasgow airport has had a new layout recently. With everything after security, so it's imposible to do anything without passing secuirity. Anyway, we passes through secuirty and duty free and straight to frankie&bennies to get ourselfs breakfast. which was lovely!

After our gorgeous breakfast we headed back to duty free to do some shop-shop-shopping! After some retail
therapy we headed towards starbucks passing a info board. To our suprise it said our flight was boarding. . wait. . WHAT? We walked straight past Starbucks and to our gate to find that our flight wasn't delayed atall! It's always great to hear you'll be at Disney sooner than you first thought.

My in-flight entertainment :lol:.

Our flight was quick and easy and we arrived at CDG, which is possibly the largest airport I've ever been to, at 3.
We didn't book our VEA shuttle which didn't really affect anything. I remember reading on here that your not garaunteed a seat even if you have pre-booked.

My mum was first to spot Disney. Which sparked excitment and joy between the two of us.

Newport Bay was the first stop.

Check in was quiet and we were seen to in seconds. They told us they had given us a room near the elevator as we
had requested a room nearby as we had hear how large and confusing the hotel can be. We were given a ground floor room with a view looking onto the lake. It was very beautiful, as was the room.

Without any hesitation we were our and eager to get to the parks. We walked down the left handside to see that the path was blocked with construction fences for Earl of Sandwhich. Oh noes! We took some pictures then were off round the right handside of the lake.

We headed straight for Disneyland Park, it's amazing walking under the train station and seeing the castle again, so beautiful and pretty. Sadly I didn't take any pictures in the park,  too busy taking it all in again and soaking up
the atmosphere. Disney Showtime Spectacular was on so we went straight up the Liberty Arcade and we were off to Frontierland, soon to be our favourite land. My mum was hesitant about going on Phantom Manor but with a little swaying and reasurance that it isn't as pertifying as it seems we were in line. We both enjoyed our tour of the manor. After our frightful ride we were rather hungry so we stopped off at Casey's before exiting the park for the night. Soon to return the next day for another day full of magic and wonder!

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Looking forward to hearing about your trip, my son is 10 and its just the 2 of us on our Disney trips and i thought in a couple of years he wont want to go with me anymore but seeing you and your son gives me a bit of hope that we have got a few years yet ;)

Hey!
I am the son!  :lol:  I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you will have many more trips with your son. I wouldn't miss a trip with my mum for the world. It's soo much fun just the two of us.

disney-dan

I've not long been back from a week at WDW with my mum, we stayed in the Saratoga Springs resort on our DVC points. We had a fab time but a week isn't enough s now I'm trying to engineer 4 or 5 days at DLP, I haven't been since November 2007  :shock:  :cry:
Have a Magical day!!

DD

tubbsy

Love your report-brilliantly done :D
I was wondering if Earl of Sandwich would block the route back to NPB. S'gonna add a few minutes to our walk but never mind. Can you walk down the back of disney Village at all do you know? I seem to remember you can but never having stayed there ...

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Looking forward to hearing about your trip, my son is 10 and its just the 2 of us on our Disney trips and i thought in a couple of years he wont want to go with me anymore but seeing you and your son gives me a bit of hope that we have got a few years yet ;)

Hey!
I am the son!  :lol:  I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you will have many more trips with your son. I wouldn't miss a trip with my mum for the world. It's soo much fun just the two of us.

Im sure Dylan will be the same, we do EVERYTHING together :D I've told him i want to go to Disney for my 40th birthday and he will be 16 then and can take his girlfiend :-" His face was a picture :oops:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

tubbsy

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "15MagicalYears"

Hey!

Im sure Dylan will be the same, we do EVERYTHING together :D I've told him i want to go to Disney for my 40th birthday and he will be 16 then and can take his girlfiend :-" His face was a picture :oops:
:lol: Mothers really know how to embarrass kids-oh the stories my two could tell! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Laura678

=D> Looking forward to the rest!!!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

15MagicalYears

Day 2 - Monday 28th June.   Part 1
We woke up at 6am with next to no sleep, although the beds were super comfortable! The aircon was pretty poor leaving the room rather warm all night. Putting on our disney smile though we set off to the hotel breakfast. We had got the 7am ticket so we could get the the park for EMH.

I wasn't really feeling up for breakfast but got a yoghurt and a bowl of cearal.
We started our beautiful walk around Lake Disney. It's really gorgeous at this time in the morning, very quiet and cool. Walking through the village I noticed a crane had arrived at the Earl of Sandwhich site.. intresing  :lol: .

We arrived at the park maybe 5 or 10 minutes before 8, there was a small group of people waiting to get in.
Once through the gates we walked through Discovery Arcade skipping the majority of people still walking up Main Street. First we set of on a very special mission with a certain Space Ranger -

Where my mum claimed her gun wasn't working properly and that was why her score was drasticly lower than mine. . sure :lol: .
Then it was time for me to embark on another mission, slightly more intense. My mum doesn't do big coasters so I went on Space Mountain whoch was walk on, yahoo!

The rest of the morning seems like a huge blur, basicly we just attacked Fantasyland. .

Part 2 will come soon, I never knew how long it would take to do a Trip Report !!

tubbsy

"just attacked fantasyland"  :lol: Love it! Just how ti needs to be done in EMH :D Lov the photos of you both on the teacups :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

fairymom

Quotebasicly we just attacked Fantasyland. .

Love it too.. it basically sums up my recent 5 day trip with my 5 and 3 year old!! No wonder the whole trip is a blur to me, we pretty much lived in Fantasyland, with the odd excursion to Buzz or the Pirates..  :lol:

Loving your trip report, can't wait for next bit! Keep it up!

15MagicalYears

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm glad your enjoying it.
The next installment will probably be tonight or tommorow morning  :thumbs:!

toritinker

hi,
just back from a holiday in sunny St.Mawes, and I come home to new trip reports, YAY! love the report so far!! And I too LOVE LOVE LOVE the phrase "attacked fantasyland"
hehe!
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010