lanyards, pin bags, storage? help!

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, July 04, 2010, 03:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

Thought you would all like to see this :D
i bought this craft bag for £5 to use as a pin bag, im pretty chuffed with it :D

You can buy them for like £11 online :) It has another page in it and a huge clear wallet at the back which you can put plaenty of pins on a piece of card there, but im jsut using it to store my lanyards with pins on for trade. Aswell as a big storage pocket with a zip on the back and a velcro pocket at the front
great find i think :D :minnie:

Stitch2814

thats a good fine indeed :P

Im waiting on to see images of the Pin bag I got from disney. Other half has said its really nice as its currently in New York so cant wait to get it when he is back and put all my traders in there XD slowly buy surely it will be full by the time Im ready to go to DLRP.

fly_with_me_dumbo

Well I'm keeping all my collection in mine, and traders on lanyards :D I have 70 pins now in my own collection, havent been going for long :D and nearly 40 to trade :D I really should sort my pinpics out :D

littletink

i love that pin bag, i am looking for the same sort of thing, i think its best to keep the unwanted ones on the lanyard and sort out your collections in a bag :)

Stitch2814

I find it much easier to have the pins on a corkbaord. Ive got the pin solely for trader pins so Im not fumbling through a bag of LE pins or having to stick LE pins on the lanyards.

I got an email with the image if off my partner looks so nice :)

fly_with_me_dumbo

i could never bring myself to buy a bag, there so expensive! I'm just chuffed with my £5 find :D they all fit in perfectly I love it :D

Eager_Eyes

Wow that craft bag was a really good buy, I  bought 2 of the pin trading bags like the pic Danny posted in WDW.  I feel like I was ripped off now!!! Did it come with the Mickey parts on it or did you buy them seperate?  Also where is it online I think I'd quite like to order one for myself.  (I've not organised the two I've bought yet - But I'm sure they'll fill up sooner or later)

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"Wow that craft bag was a really good buy, I  bought 2 of the pin trading bags like the pic Danny posted in WDW.  I feel like I was ripped off now!!! Did it come with the Mickey parts on it or did you buy them seperate?  Also where is it online I think I'd quite like to order one for myself.  (I've not organised the two I've bought yet - But I'm sure they'll fill up sooner or later)

The mickey pieces are actually pins :D they're rubber and i got them back in 1996 when I first went to Disney :D And I can fit about 100 pins I'd say in this bag. I cant find the piece of card that came with the craftbag so i cant remeber the make of it. It's around somewhere and when I find it i'll let you know :D  :thumbs:
I'm wanting to get another one but not off the net. So I've been looking round shops that sell craft stuff, and looking at their craft bags. I did find another craft bag but instead of zips it had press studs, i'm keeping it for now as it cost £5 again, but hope to find another one of the purple bags. Boyses do the same make of the purple bag, so I'm hoping to go find one of the ones I already have there, thing is this make has been discontinued, but their still on the net. But it's worth looking at craftstores or shops that sell a few craft pieces, becasue you might find a great buy like i did  :D I think my craftbag is better then a pin bag, as it stores 100 pins and was super cheap :D and you can always decorarte it a little like I did with my pins :D

Eager_Eyes

Thanks for telling me the details I'm gonig to look out for something like that, and I really like the pins that you've got on the cover of the bag.  I'm going to search for them on pinpics and add them to my 'wants' list.  I'll decorate the one that I buy when I find one with a few of my own pins thats a good idea.

I just bought the new comic strip Mickey A4 ring binder from the Disney store the other day, as I bought the A4 ring binder pin slot things (they're like A4 wallets only made of like a velvety card) in Florida.  Thought that I'd put some Mickey pins in there.  I really do need to spend a full day just organising my pins they're just everywhere and a bit of a mess.

Still can't wait to go to Paris in Oct and come back with more!

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"Thanks for telling me the details I'm gonig to look out for something like that, and I really like the pins that you've got on the cover of the bag.  I'm going to search for them on pinpics and add them to my 'wants' list.  I'll decorate the one that I buy when I find one with a few of my own pins thats a good idea.

I just bought the new comic strip Mickey A4 ring binder from the Disney store the other day, as I bought the A4 ring binder pin slot things (they're like A4 wallets only made of like a velvety card) in Florida.  Thought that I'd put some Mickey pins in there.  I really do need to spend a full day just organising my pins they're just everywhere and a bit of a mess.

Still can't wait to go to Paris in Oct and come back with more!

I like having my pins in this bag as its all zipped up, I would lose them out of a binder unless it was a zipped one! I'm going on the look for another pin bag today :D well craft bag :D. Those pins are so old, but they are really nice :D.
glad i could help :D this way you have more money to spend on pins and not on a pin bag :D

fly_with_me_dumbo

hi :)
On ebay in the cratfs section search multi pocket organiser, it will bring the purple bag up :D
£11 and £1.50 postage, and someone else has them on but theyre a bit more :D

dlrpmad

I just bought a HKDL pin bag off of Emma (Welsheeyore) plus 2 pins for £30 inc postage, i just have to pay for it!

Ive also heard someone use big CD storage case for storage!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Stitch2814

will take a few images of my pin bag in detail when I have some time now I am back online lol

Belle's World

Fly_With_Me_Dumbo I bought the craft bag from ebay and it came today, fantastic value and so much space for pins much better value that official pin trading bags imho. Thanks for letting us know about them
Ro

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Belle's World"Fly_With_Me_Dumbo I bought the craft bag from ebay and it came today, fantastic value and so much space for pins much better value that official pin trading bags imho. Thanks for letting us know about them
Ro

glad to help :D
when i origianlly found the bag in tkmaxx i was so excited :D,
my friend bought one off ebay too, and it seems like a few of you lot are :D the sellers will all be wondering why all of a sudden theres a big rush on craft bags ;)