hunchback of Notre-Dame ride

Started by jwagner, August 07, 2010, 09:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwagner

hi everyone,
today there was an idea coming up to my mind i would like to share with you...
as the topic says : A HUNCHBACK OF ND ride for the new parisian area of the wds.
i always was hoping for a ride based on this movie, but in the studios and in the dlp there was never a place where such a ride would fit in to. The new parisian area in the studios gave me a kind of "renaissance" for this ride.

the ride should contain many audio animatronics and is based on the story of the movie.
i wouldn't do it as a "normal" dark ride...a ride system as in POTC would fit great i think ( a trip over the seine sounds great IMO ;) )
the building for that will be on the opposite side of the studio tram tour. the tram tour would go through the building and the visitors of the hunchback ride wouldn't even recognise it was there :)

i would like to hear what u think about this idea....

Gareth

i think this idea sounds awesomee and the new area would be a great place for it to be placed and i agree that the POTC style could work for it and lot colour is side is what im seeing but i think its a really awesomee idea  =D>  =D>  =D>

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

disneyrules

Great idea! :thumbs:
I really think hunchback of notre dame deserves its on ride because it is such a great movie :D
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

JelleP

I saw the movie yesterday on the Dutch television and it really deserves a ride, so this idea is awesome!

There is just one thing: is there enough space for another big ride near the future Ratatouille attraction?

As you can see, TSPL (red) is already very big. The Ratatouille ride (blue) is very big as well. The only way this ride will fit here is by destroying Catastrophe Canyon. What's your idea about that? (Just curious ;))
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

jwagner

first of all, thanks for your coments guys...:)

as far as i know, the situation looks more like this:

red = toy story playland
blue= rat area
yellow= studiotram tour route
green = hunchback of ND ride

i don't think that there would be any problems with the catastrophy canyon...

when the tram tour goes through the ride building there could be a kind of little show too( like the former costumes or something like this...)

JelleP

@jwagner: Well, I can't see any problems after all... :oops:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

disneyrules

What type of ride would it be e.g. a darkride, coaster?
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

jwagner

as allready said, i would do it more or less like pirates of the caribbean...
the whole ride will be INSIDE the building. you will drive in boats(about 16 persons each) over la Seine.
i don't think that any drops are needed... :?:

in the first scene you will see the quasimodo as a baby in front of the catedral,
then some other scnenes like the big festival,
then you will see the battle between quasimodo and frollo where frollo falls down the cathedral,
then a "happy ending"-scene

disneyrules

Sorry i forgot you said it was like pirates of the carribean.
Good ideas for the scenes :)
[/size]

luke85

I would LOVE this idea! The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of my favourite Disney films, watched it the other day actually, and have always wanted to see it represented by an attraction! Good thinking jwagner!

15MagicalYears

I am honestly in love with this idea, Hunchback of Notre Dame is also one of my favourites. The only thing is, now adays Disney only builds on what sells - Pixar&Princess.

jwagner

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"The only thing is, now adays Disney only builds on what sells - Pixar&Princess.

yeah, i also thought about this...i can not imagine that disney would build any non-pixar-attractions into their "pixarstudios", which i don't like at all...
i like the attractions and movies itselves but i can not understand why to make a pixar land.
the different pixar-attractions have nothing in common but theit creators, SO WHY CONNECT THEM IN THIS WAY???

i do not see this attraction coming to the wds( or any other classical disney movie rides (and i think the hunchback of notre- dame is allready a classic ;))) but IMO it would be the best thing that could be done to this area...

disneyrules

I agree that this would be a great addition!
I would much rather get a hunchback of notre dame ride or another classic ride in the studios, instead of another pixar ride. It would also stop the studios becoming just pixar studios, with only one ride not pixar themed (genies flying carpets) it really does need more classic rides there.
[/size]

figaro

wow this is a great idea! i remember one of the times we went to disney and the castle was kitted out in HBOND style decorations, i think it was for the 5th birthday, especially with it being disneyland PARIS you think they would have already thought of this! x
disney fund 25/08/10 - 4nights/5days at santa fe 16th November 2010 PAID
disney spends - £0 (lol)

sebassah

Wierd that they never build something HBONT style... or maybe is it cause Paris and the ND are very close to DLRP? How ever with teh new Ratt. ride it could be a great expention!