Do not buy the pin trading bag from dlrp

Started by andyroid20, May 28, 2010, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyroid20

I am extremely annoyed with Disney land Paris. They are fully aware that the bags they are selling all have a fault and have a missing page protector and an extra one at either the front or the back and are continuing to sell them playing on the fact that most people can't or won't return them. I did return mine and after showing all the ones in stock were the same the assistant asked me if I wanted an exchange. Duh!
Added to this my inlaws bought a keyring that broke. They returned it but didn't have the receipt, why would you keep the receipt. They swapped it for another that felt apart in front of the assistant. They swapped it again and 10 mins later it broke. We asked to change for a different style or a refund and we were told not without a receipt but we could have the same one again. What a choice. We then went to complain in the park and were told that while France has a similar body to trading standards in the uk it doesn't cover France and we could not even put a written complaint in without a receipt. And they of course were not interested in the fact they were selling goods that they know fall apart. So be warned.

disneyparkfans

I am so sorry that your Disney shopping experience was not a good one but i can assure you that shopping at Disneyland is Excellent 99% of the time! I would advise not to buy bags anyway though because i have loads of double pins from buying bags!
Have A Disney day!
disneyparkfans
"When You Wish Upon A star, Make No difference who you are!"................."It`s Just like We Dreamed it!"

Come on a magical journey with us, at disneyparkfans.webs.com!

andyroid20

Well I went last year as well and had to take some trainers back because the quality was very poor. It wasn't a bag of pins, it was the case for storing them in that costs 32 Euros. And the staff made it very clear that they did not care. Apart from one assistant in one shop who seemed genuinely concerned, the rest seemed to think it was funny. Coming from the UK where consumers have rights, and generally companies, particularly ones with a huge turnover, care more about the continued customer than saving a few pounds over something that was their fault in the first place.
Added to this, the quality of many of the items would not pass trading standards. I have a film of the same keyring, mentioned above, being handled by a child and he pulled his hand away in pain because there was a sharp edge on the hinge pin.
 From what I've seen in Disney Store UK, the quality is much better. We won't be returning to Disneyland in Paris for a long time now after the way we were treated by several of the staff.
I met a cast member from the UK and we were also discussing how appalled we were by the way the cast members trade pins. There are so many scrappers on the lanyards and if you accidentally trade for one because you don't get a good look at it, you are left with rubbish because they haven't bothered to check. And there were broken, scratched or otherwise damaged pins on the trading board. Also, it was very hit and miss if the board was coming, no one seemed to know whether it was or not and those that thought they knew, gave me times and places that were incorrect so I wasted a lot of time waiting and the one time after being told it was coming it did not.
All the evidence seems to suggest that in general the resort no longers cares about good service, just making money.

Aveen2008

Hi,

I am sorry about your experience.

I have the Dlp pin bag and to be honest I never noticed it because I dont have that many pins in it really. The missing "protector" is from the middle, although i wouldnt say those little zipped pockets are protectors really evebn thought they act of a bit of a barrier to stop pins marking each other. It wouldn't stop me from using the bag though or buying it but you are right that it should be fixed for future bags being sold if they are aware of the problem.

That's really bad about the key ring though, that it was made so badly   :shock: .
Luv Aveen xoxo

bensmum

I would still put in a complaint to the park in writing because if they don't get feedback from people who have had bad experiences then things wont change. You never know you sometimes get results and even if it doesn't change what happened it might mean you get better service and goods if you ever decide to go back.

andyroid20

Yeah we will put a complaint it, especially as the park didn't let us put one in there.

simonandwendy626

Am really surprised that you've had such a bad experience with cast members. We've been going since 1998 and the only year we had any problems was I think in early 2000 when they were having staff shortages. The litter was noticeable and there was a dead mouse near Casey Junior which had obviously been there a while and was very smelly.
We bought a photo album that year and when we got it home two of the posts broke so I had to improvise and use an old keyring to hold it together.
But since then we've had no bad experiences. I did have a pin sent via mail order which when I tried to take the back of fell apart. I took it with me when we went in february and Franc fom pin trading got me a replacement.

Please don't let these experiences colour your opinion of DLP in general.
However its not just Paris which release poor quality pin bags. I recently purchased a pin bag from the states. A pink Tinkerbell one and was disappointed with the quality. It was okay at the front but when you got to the back it looked like they had put too many pages in and so instead of removing and restitching got a pair of scissors and cut the extra pages out.

In regards to complaints. Did you try in Town Hall in main street?