Disney's Sequoia Lodge refurbishment (October 2010 - 2012)

Started by Kristof, May 27, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

Quote from: "Meph"Great news! Thanks. :)

Also, this is a bit of a strange question, but do the new flat-screen TVs have any new British channels? xD They probably don't, but it would be nice if they did. :)

Think the channels are just the same as before, with Disney Channel and BBC World News being the only English speaking ones.
However, there is a new feature (I think its new, certainly never noticed it on previous stays) of Disney storybooks, we listened to Beauty and the Beast and Tarzan. Its all the dialogue from the films with a bit of narration in between, and has the proper songs. Dunno why they don't just give you the films, but we loved these. Would be great for kids I imagine.
I didn't try this out but I think the TVs have an aux port so you could plug some kind of device in if you are technologically inclined!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

loladelorean

I should also add - though its not strictly related to the refurb - that I wrote to Sequoia Lodge 5 days before my arrival. I emailed saying that I was a bit concerned that the refurb might affect our stay and that we would like a nice room near to the reception. I explained that it was a special trip as we were celebrating a birthday and also two of us graduating, and I wanted it to be as magical as possible. They replied after 2 days to say this had been passed to the quality manager. We arrived to receive: the lovely refurbed room near to reception with a lake view; robes and slippers; fresh flowers; chocolate coins and Vittel water; personal letter from the quality manager wishing us a lovely stay and saying to contact them if we needed anything; VIP breakfast pass. This obviously does not mean that everyone who writes to them would get the same but it may be worth a try! We were delighted with this and I am going to email them again now to thank them for the trip. It was perfect.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

jessica-loves-disney

Quote from: "loladelorean"I should also add - though its not strictly related to the refurb - that I wrote to Sequoia Lodge 5 days before my arrival. I emailed saying that I was a bit concerned that the refurb might affect our stay and that we would like a nice room near to the reception. I explained that it was a special trip as we were celebrating a birthday and also two of us graduating, and I wanted it to be as magical as possible. They replied after 2 days to say this had been passed to the quality manager. We arrived to receive: the lovely refurbed room near to reception with a lake view; robes and slippers; fresh flowers; chocolate coins and Vittel water; personal letter from the quality manager wishing us a lovely stay and saying to contact them if we needed anything; VIP breakfast pass. This obviously does not mean that everyone who writes to them would get the same but it may be worth a try! We were delighted with this and I am going to email them again now to thank them for the trip. It was perfect.

what email address did you use? we are celebrating my boyfriend's birthday whilst we are there and it might be worth a shot to drop them an email before we go!
September 2010 - Santa Fe
our first holiday together (:

July 2011 - Seqouia Lodge
taking advantage of 45% off (:

Dolph7800

Quote from: "Meph"Great news! Thanks. :)

Also, this is a bit of a strange question, but do the new flat-screen TVs have any new British channels? xD They probably don't, but it would be nice if they did. :)

They do have some other English speaking news channels- EuroNews and France24 have English speaking options (they are both on Sky if you want a look). Also some of the entertainment channels have dual languages for certain programmes- we were able to watch American Pie and CSI in English when we were flicking through the channels in the evening. BBC World Service is a bloody awful channel though, no English news as would be used to with the English-based News 24 channel just lots of world features of the ilk they run at 4am over here- just all day long!

kate&phoo

Quote from: "loladelorean"I should also add - though its not strictly related to the refurb - that I wrote to Sequoia Lodge 5 days before my arrival. I emailed saying that I was a bit concerned that the refurb might affect our stay and that we would like a nice room near to the reception. I explained that it was a special trip as we were celebrating a birthday and also two of us graduating, and I wanted it to be as magical as possible. They replied after 2 days to say this had been passed to the quality manager. We arrived to receive: the lovely refurbed room near to reception with a lake view; robes and slippers; fresh flowers; chocolate coins and Vittel water; personal letter from the quality manager wishing us a lovely stay and saying to contact them if we needed anything; VIP breakfast pass. This obviously does not mean that everyone who writes to them would get the same but it may be worth a try! We were delighted with this and I am going to email them again now to thank them for the trip. It was perfect.

That's really lovely  :thumbs:

DLP-Photos.com

So lovely to hear! Another great thing along with all the refurbs - so reassuring! Thanks for sharing - hope we get a trip report :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

dagobert

Here's a new picture by Disney Gazette:

http://www.disneygazette.fr/la-gazette- ... s-517.html

Martyn

Cant really see any difference...need a comparison photo!

ryansimmons323

Hi, I'm not a regular user of the forum but anyway I'm a big fan of DLP and I'm going for a third time in August. I loved the story of sending the message to SL Quality Manager. Well, has anyone else ever noticed the lack of sun loungers at the pool in the summer at Sequoia Lodge? Well I emailed DLP over this and they replied saying the message has been forwarded to this mysterious "Quality Manager". So I hope to see more loungers when we go.
DLP Visits:
July 29th 2009 - August 2nd 2009 - Disney\'s Hotel Sequoia Lodge
July 27th 2010 - July 31st 2010 - Disney\'s Hotel Sequoia Lodge
August 1st 2011 - August 5th 2011 Disney\'s Hotel Sequoia Lodge
"If can dream it, you can do it" - Walter Elias Disney
"Et maintenant je déclare Euro Disneyland officiellement ouvert!" - 12th April 1992

Josh

Are the loungers usually occupied when you go? :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Mettesund

i`m new.....and DANISH!!
well, long story- i will do it short.
our 2. trip at DLP (david Crockett) was very nasty, dirty and muldy. we complained and got a free stay of 3 nights. this time we disseded to stay at SL. we have paid for an extra night. with lake view. what can we expect?? we will go on 5 sep 2011.

Josh

You should expect a good service. :D I've been going to the Sequoia Lodge for many years. You'll love it! :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ansvls98

We're off to SL on 9 August.

We booked a room in the lodges / standard room before the refurb started and the room categories got switched around.

Does anyone have a latest update on how the refurb is going?

Still wondering whether we'll be in lodge room (as originally booked) or whether we'll be moved into main building (in a non-refurbed room).  I guess the chances of the latter are reducing as they get closer to finishing the refurb.

Any ideas on what %age of rooms still have not been refurbished??

ANS

Josh

If you asked for a lodge, then you should still be staying in them. ;)

As for the refurb itself, all of the lodges are done and they have finished painting the side of the hotel that faces the lake. They are going through the rooms one by one (they might work on about 20 rooms a day and take about a fortnight to finish refurbing each one). It's unlikely that you'll notice them. If you do end up staying in the main building, it will be down to chance if you are staying in a refurbed room. I don't think we know how many they've done in the main building. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I was told by a manager that they are working their way from bottom to top in the main building. During our stay there four weeks ago they had already finished the 1st and 2nd floor and were working on the 3rd floor.