16th-19th March 2010

Started by stacey-claire, May 17, 2010, 11:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey-claire

On the 16th -19th march 2010, we had our first holiday to disneyland for my 21st birthday and loved it there was me, my boyfriend and my little brother, i will never forget the excitement when i saw the castle for the first time.
We started our trip at around half 5 on tuesday morning and made our way to manchester airport, our flight was at 9:50am and left on time, not too sure what time we landed bit of a haze now lol, we used the disney shuttle service to the resort, around a 45 min drive, we  then arrived at our hotel- santa fe, we arrived at around 2pm and checked in, it says the rooms arent avliable till 3 but they let us go straight to ours at this time, check in was smooth, the cm gavew us all the info we needed and arranged breakfast times for us.
After a quick freshen up and change, it was off to the parks. As i had never been before we took the bus, very crowded, after about a 10 min drive we arrived at the park, and i was just like a kid again, so excited, there were a few guys trying to take our pics, but my boyfriend just told them to go away(we did our best to avoid these for the rest of thge trip).
Once through security checks and turnstiles we were in the park, we thought we would take the train to get a good idea off the park, but as ever excitement took over and we ended up getting off at fantasyland, were i bought my pink sequinned minnie mouse ears, i love them.

Our first ride was the teacups, i love alice in wonderland, so it was always gonna happen lol, the atmosphere of the ride is amazing, alot of people have mentioned the ride been in a bad way, i didnt really notice, but myabe i was a bit mesmerised by everything lol. After the teacups we took a stroll over to the castle, its beautiful, i could never have imagined it would be like that in a million years, whilst my boyfriend was getting some candy floss, me and my little brother bought a little souviner for him, a little dragon lol, needless to say he loved it, we also bought one of the souviner popcorn tubs for 7 euros, forf my brother, which are rather useful, each day after that we just bought a regular tub of popcron and put it into the tub, a great idea if you want to save some for later.

After the castle it was off to discoveryland, in which we went on star tours(actually rather, im not a big star wars fan, its my boyfriend who is, but i rather enjoyed it), then off to honey i shrunk the audience, after this it was buzz lightyear, my little brother adores him, and loved this ride, i suck at shooting, but still good.

We then took a walk to frontierland, and went on big thunder mountain(a ride which we would go on many times, due my brothers love for it). After all this it was time for the parkto close, so we went to the village for some tea.

We went to planet hollywood, as it was somewhere i had always wanted to go, nothing spectacular, nice just a bit too loud for me, but good none the less, and the kids menus are very good.
We then had a look around the village and did a bit of shopping, we got my brother an autograph book and pen, a mr potato head(in the disney store you can make your own for 15 euros, and can have as many parts as you can fit into the box, a really good idea), and as i collect tinkerbell glasses this was a great oppurtunity for me to get some i am unable to get in the UK.

After this it was back to the hotel, our room was so warm, we had to open a window, but if its the winter, it would be so nice to come back to this.

Our room was basic, but lovely, the bathroom was clean and bright, our beds were so comfy, for a budget hotel, the santa fe is perfect(the only reason we arent staying here a xmas is because our friend is coming with us so we need bunkbeds), i could not fault them at all.
So after a long day it was time for sleep and to get ready for the next wonderful day  :D/

Day 2 will follow shortly

To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

toritinker

Great report so far! Hoping there would be a new trip report soon!!  I like the tea cups too :D
How was your food in planet hollywood?
Hope you managed to get a new glass :D
x
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

stacey-claire

Thanks
the food was ok nothning amazing, it was just like what you would get in a pub other here sorta thing, it was nice tho, on my 2 day report, im gonna mention king ludiwgs which we went to, that was amazing, and cheap too,
i managed to get 2 new tink glasses so all good.
I'll be putting day 2 up on the weekend hopefully

xx  :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

toritinker

ooo can't wait :)
glad you got new glasses that you wanted :)
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008

tubbsy

I love reading about other peoples trips, gets me so excited for mine :D Great report :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

stacey-claire

Day 2

We got up at around half 6, ready for breakfast at 7, nothing special at breakfast, nice selection, croissants, cheese, cereals, toast, usual stuff, very busy, but not too bad, still very orderly.
We then waited for the meet n greet, it was mickey mouse today, about a ten minute que, characters were very friendly with my little brother, hugging him and messing about.
We then made our way to the park, took a nice stroll through the hotel Cheyenne, also a very nice hotel (staying here next time), took around ten mins to walk down by the river, we strolling so could probably get there faster if walking fast, stopped to take some pictures by the hotel new york and in front of the lake, whilst walking through the village we stopped at king ludwigs to make our reservation for the evening.

Got to the park gates around half past 8, a very big que, but there was a little side entrance we saw people going through, so went to investigate and they let us through there, took a nice stroll down main street, spend alot of the morning exploring main street, as we hadn't had a proper look on the first day, on entering the park there were some characters to meet, but this was impossible, as alot of people were pushing, mainly adults, we managed to get chip and dales autograph, but that was all.

We made our first ride of the day, buzz light years laser blast, once again very fun, but still no better at aiming lol, on leaving the ride we had a look around the shop, got my little brother a toy gun, very noisy and annoying but he was happy, we then went onto frontierland and onto you guessed it, big thunder mountain, we then ventured into adventureland, was a bit dissapointed that pirates of the caribbean was shut, but nvm, had a look around skull rock, took a few pics, but the pirate ship was shut as well, so not really much too do, so we went to the aladdin walk through, a very nice walk, but i don't know what the snake looks like because i shut my eyes and wouldnt dare look, then we went to another shop and got my little brother a pirate telescope thingy, so he could play pirate, we then decided to have lunch, (we had bought sandwiches from the garage opposite the santa fe to try and save a bit of money), we sat under some nice light things next to the aladdin walk through, very nice place to sit and chill.

We then went to the castle, to take some more photos, such an amazing castle, we then walked to discoveryland, and went to space mountain, my little brother didn't want to go no this so i went on alone and my boyfriend looked after my brother, awesome ride, just very,very bumpy, quite glad my little brother didnt come on.
We then decided to to go to the ice cream parlour, it was rather busy, so went to the bake shop, i had a brownie and coke and my brother had one of those mickey doughnut things with chocolate in, so nice and the smell of the bake shop was amazing too, just added to the experience.

It was about 45 mins till the irish parade so decided to get our spot, we sat outside the emporium, ended up with very numb bums, so me and my brother went to the sweet shop whilst my boyfriend saved the spot, the sweet shop was amazing, took me back to being about 4 lol, got my brother some candyfloss, almost as big as him, and i got some fudge, absolutely amazing.
It was then back out to the parade, mickey and minnie dressed in irish stuff and they had some irish dancers, lasted about 15 mins, we then waited for once upon a dream, lovely parade, everything that disney embodies, we ended up with the badies float in front of us, this kinda smelt, think it was the smoke, still wonderful none the less.

After the parade we went to obitron, had to be the longest que of the whole trip, took about 45 mins, but a good ride none the less, but done think i'll be doing it again.
We then decided to get ourselves ready for the evenings fireworks, we sat around the fountain, in front of plaza gardens, once again had to sit here for about an hour, but worth it, they had the irish band play then it was time for the fireworks, unbelievable is the only word for it, so much thought must have gone into the planning, it was a spectacular sight.

It was then time to try and leave the park, we decided to stroll instead of rush, and look at the beautiful lighting down mainstreet, wonderful.
It was then onto king ludwigs, we had a booking for 9:30 but arrived at 9:00 and they were fine, and seated us within 5 minutes, the food here is amazing, we had the chicken and my brother had the kids menu, the food was gorgeous, much better than planet hollywood, and the setting was so much better as well, if you have any beer fans with you, they will love the huge glass of beer you can get for 12,90 euros, i couldnt even lift it up lol, for afters i had ice cream, my brother had a belgian waffle and my boyfriend had the creme brulee, once again all lovely.

After king ludwigs, we strolled around the village, did a bit of shopping again, didnt really get too much, we were rather tired.

Once again the bedroom was lovely and warm, all in all a good day, we prepared ourselves for the next day, in the studios.

xx  :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

toritinker

great next day, been waiting on your report :D
sounds like Disney really embraced the Irish theme!!
im no better at aiming either hehe!
Cant wait for more :D xx
Sante Fe - December 2008

tubbsy

Aiming? Nope, me neither! :lol: Lovely report. Cant wait for more either :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

stacey-claire

Hey guys sorry been away for so long, had loads going on, moved into my first ever flat, my uncle died :(, and i just completed my a level in biology, psychology and sociology, so havent had alot of time for anything lol, just checked into the forum every now and again, will finish soon when i get a chance xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010