WDW | Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Started by dagobert, May 12, 2010, 04:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I know what you mean and to some degree I agree with you. The Disney Hotels are special and there are too many value rooms at WDW. For students, like us, it was the perfect choice, because otherwise we couldn't have stayed there for two weeks. Next time we will definately stay in a better hotel.

Sequoia Lodge is definately better themed than the Pop Century, but for us it was the overall experience why we enjoyed our stay at the Pop better. The rooms were nice and modern with a working TV and not old and dirty like in the SL. Even the rooms at the Santa Fe were nicer than in the SL. Of course we complained, but they couldn't give us another room, but offered to clean again. When a hotel has to clean a room again, then it says a lot of the hotel management. The Sequoia Lodge is just an old and badly maintained hotel. I'm so happy it receives a huge refurb. Next the CMs were a lot nicer and it was possible to use the pool all the time and not only in a certain time frame.

The Sequoia Lodge wins when it comes to theming. It is a very beautiful hotel and we will stay there again when the refurb is completed. We really loved the bar area with the open fire and the restaurants.

And I want to add that every Disney hotel is nicer than the value All Star and Pop Century hotel, except maybe for the Santa Fe. Although we stayed there three times and enjoyed it a lot, the overall complex doesn't appeal to me so much.

davewasbaloo

But I think the point is, you mentioned the bad management, which even the Hotel New York and Disneyland Hotel suffer from in Paris. Those things could be changed. Once you build a hotel as ugly as the value resorts, they cannot be changed.

Paris does need to pull it's socks up though. I know money is tight, but frankly it is becoming a joke across the board. When you have people asking if Fanti will be running this christmas, or when can they swim, it does not feel like a Disney resort to me.

WDC needs to do something to help EDL, because frankly, it is starting to become an embarrassment, whether we are talking about attraction maintanence (which has slipped while they do the much overdue external restorations at the park), lack of non rubber head/princess based entertainment, poor merchandise, poor dining expereinces, and aweful hotel quality for the money.

DLP has the potential to be the very best of all the resorts around the globe, but the financial conditions and poor management makes it a real joke. Yes, it is better than Paultons or Plopsaland, but it should be at least equal to the US and Asian resorts. It used to be....
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Dagobert, you are fortunate to do so much Disney travelling as a student. I remember my Student days, I hitch hiked to be at Space Mountain's opening in Paris (sleeping at a hostel). that was the only trip in my student days. Then it was four more years after graduating until I could afford to go again. But you know what? I don't mind saving if the quality is there. Sadly in Paris, these days, the quality is not there.

I am hoping this is sorted for the 20th. The refurbs are a great start.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Travelling is important for me and my girlfriend and so I do shift work two months in summer in a chemical plant to earn some money. Disneyland is one of our favorite places and we try to go at least once a year. This year we cancelled the trip, but next xear we plan to go to DL Anaheim if our plan works out. And it depends on our American friends.

If I wouldn't have studied in the US, I'm sure I wouldn't have made it to WDW until now.

It is frustrating with DLRP and I really hope they will fiy the place. Unfortunately TWDC doesn't own DLRP and so they can't help Paris like they are doing now with DCA or MK. And I think French Law doesn't allow foreign companies to own more than 50% which makes it even harder to invest in DLRP.

MissDisneyisMagical

im unlucky enough to have not got to go to WDW been booked to go 3 times and its always fallen through and i have to say i was excited about this new hotel being built at WDW. i cant comment on the value resorts in WDW but i have stayed  at the SL in DLRP 5 out of 6 times and i love it! CM's are always lovely to me my room is always immaculate and the tv has always worked and i just love the feel of it.
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="