[WDW] Second price rise this year!

Started by Kristof, August 05, 2006, 06:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote from: "Mickeynews"Walt Disney World said today it is increasing its base ticket price to $67 Sunday, the second price increase this year.

Disney officials did not say what is prompting the $4 increase -- which also affects prices across the board in the company's "Magic Your Way" flexible ticket plans -- except to say the new price is in line with the needs of the travel industry.

The base price went to $63 on Jan. 1, up from $59.75 in 2005.

The latest increase amounts to a 6.3 percent hike in the price of a basic one-day, one-park ticket to any of Disney's four parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom.

"We're implementing this to better coordinate with the overall travel industry," said Jacquee Polak, Disney's director of media relations. "We believe we offer a great value and remain competitive in the market."

Historically, Disney World and Orlando's other two theme park resorts, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando, have raised prices within a few weeks of one another to keep relatively close. Universal went to $63 in January and SeaWorld went to $61.95 in December.

There was no immediate word on whether either of them expect to raise prices soon, though Becca Bides, SeaWorld's director of communications, said that park's prices are based on SeaWorld business, not Disney competition.

Fantillusion

how much is that compared to dlrp?
-Craig

Kristof

$67 = 52.05 euro's

Fantillusion

thanks Im not sure but I think DLRP is 45 euros?
-Craig

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"$67 = 52.05 euro's

Don't forget that this price is without taxes. The gate price at WDW is now about 71 US-Dollars.

Maarten

Well, shoot me but if this means that the upkeep of the parks will be better, then I'm fine with it. I read somewhere that since Universal and Seaword arrived in Orlando in the early 90s, Disney had to lower the prices of their entrance tickets. Nowadays the Disney-parks in Orlando seem to be less clean for example, from what I have heard. Not that it's extremely bad, but still.

Fantillusion

Well everyone says the upkeep in paris is the worst but I dont think it is too bad although TDR upkeep would be prefered
-Craig

Maarten

Quote from: "Fantillusion"Well everyone says the upkeep in paris is the worst but I dont think it is too bad although TDR upkeep would be prefered

Well, from what I have seen the upkeep in Paris is worse then in Orlando. But the upkeep in Walt Disney World can be better. In the early 90s, when I have been there too, it looked cleaner and better looking to be honest.

Fantillusion

would love tokyo upkeep!
-Craig

Dlrpfan

i hope they do not rise too much as it will soon cost a arm and a leg to get in!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

When you compare them to the prices of other Orlando parks, it seems fair enough.  They've opened three major new atractions recently, and they're working three more, so it's not like they're upping ticket prices and just sitting back.

From what I've seen, some more attraction updates and refurbs around Magic Kingdom wouldn't go amiss though...