Monsters University (Pixar 2013)

Started by Pete's Dragon, April 23, 2010, 07:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Release: Summer 2013

After nearly a decade away, the furry freaks Sulley and Mike are to return to the task of not-really-frightening children. Disney-Pixar has announced a sequel to Monsters Inc, the 2001 movie that became the eighth highest grossing animation of all time, taking $256m (£167m). The new film will appear in cinemas in November 16th 2012.

Alpop

I can;t wait for this one. My daughter always.... and I mean ALWAYS asks for Monsters Inc in the mornings while she is eating breakfast. Monsters inc. 2 would be a happy break at the moment. [-o<

Apart from that I seem to enjoy the story more than Cars or Incredibles.

-breeno-

Oh so this wasn't just Wikipedia speculation I read last night :P

Can't wait for this, always thought Monsters Inc. had a sequel in it so maybe Pixar can pull this off (who am I kidding of course they'll pull this off!)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Stitch2814

awesome news :) cant wait. Hope Roz is in it she was class :P

Annet

I love Monsters Inc, it's one of my favourite Pixar movies.
I hope a sequel will be just as good as the original!

burntsienna

I'm looking forward to the film...but also hoping they don't do it set quite far into the future. I'd hate to see Boo all grown up D=
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Anthony

Pixar's first prequel?
QuoteIs Monsters, Inc. 2 a prequel?

Have you wondered how Pixar would structure the promised sequel to Monsters, Inc? If current rumor is to be believed, it will actually be a prequel — possibly a very smart move — rather than a sequel. Though there's not a lot of info, we've stuck it after the break in case you want to avoid knowing anything more.

The idea is that we'd see Mike and Sulley during their tenure at the University of Fear, where they start off as enemies and then become friends.

The source is a French site, Disney Plaza Central, with some follow-up by Animatie. The real source for this info seems to be a theater catalog distributed by Disney, which has info on upcoming films in 2011/2012. We don't know more details — the core creative team hasn't even been confirmed at this point. So we don't know if director Peter Docter will return to direct once more. All we do know is Disney's announced release date of November 16, 2012. Treat everything else as unconfirmed info at best, and rumor at worst, for the time being.

http://www.slashfilm.com/monsters-2-prequel/
Sounds like a great idea to me. Much better for the characters than continuing on any "Laugh Floor" story from the first film. Hopefully we'll get to see more of Monstropolis this time.

Pete's Dragon

Offical Title released.............drum roll if you please .......

Monsters University.

:D/  or  :-k  or [-X    ??

Anthony

It doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily as Monsters, Inc. but I'm glad they're not going with "2". Perhaps Monsters Uni would be better, but maybe they don't say "uni" in America.

I half expected it to be renamed "Scared" or "Frightened"... :lol:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Anthony"It doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily as Monsters, Inc. but I'm glad they're not going with "2". Perhaps Monsters Uni would be better, but maybe they don't say "uni" in America.

Indeed Uni is a very British/Australian term. In the states it is a type of exercise clothing, short for unitard.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

I think the title isn't that bad, at least they didn't call it Monsters Inc. 2. Unfortunately Pixar didn't find proper titles for Cars 2 or Toy Story 2/3. It's so lame to put just a number behind the title.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "dagobert"I think the title isn't that bad, at least they didn't call it Monsters Inc. 2. Unfortunately Pixar didn't find proper titles for Cars 2 or Toy Story 2/3. It's so lame to put just a number behind the title.

Well at least they didnt go the whole Fast and the Furious way of naming sequels

-breeno-

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "dagobert"I think the title isn't that bad, at least they didn't call it Monsters Inc. 2. Unfortunately Pixar didn't find proper titles for Cars 2 or Toy Story 2/3. It's so lame to put just a number behind the title.

Well at least they didnt go the whole Fast and the Furious way of naming sequels
One thing I like about just numbering them though is it's easy to identify the order, unlike when movies just name their sequels whatever they want.  But what's worse is when they starting numbering, then drop the numbers like the horror movies Halloween or even the Alien franchise for that matter.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "-breeno-"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"

One thing I like about just numbering them though is it's easy to identify the order, unlike when movies just name their sequels whatever they want.  But what's worse is when they starting numbering, then drop the numbers like the horror movies Halloween or even the Alien franchise for that matter.

I hate it when they do that. Having The Dark Knight after Batman Begins on my nicely alphabetized (?) shelves really does peeve me (OCD!). And dont get me started about Da Vinci code and Angels and Demons, or Return to Oz (last one slightly forgivable)

NB: If they do go to university, bets that one of the classrooms will be A-113. I'm guessing that this film will have more nods to CalArts than every other Pixar film combined

JelleP

Well, as far as I know the title of the Cars sequel is called Cars 2: World Grand Prix... ;-)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]