Character Interaction

Started by ford prefect, May 05, 2010, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

What a great idea...

Talking live Mickey Mouse character could mark beginning of new interactive Disney meet and greets

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2010/05/t ... nd-greets/
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

15MagicalYears

Oh my goodness! I'm pleasently suprised!
What amazing technology and to be honest I don't really want to know how all of this works, it's soo magical.
The only downside I can imagine of this is getting through guests, I can imagine having an interactive experience with each and every guest would take some time.

Simply amazing though, thanks for sharing!

ford prefect

Posted in wrong place, sorry!!!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Scissorsboi

That looks brilliant, I guess it's just a set of pre-recorded that the character can pick and choose depending on the photo op they want to provide. It looks like it's test only atm, but if they can fix this to work consistently then I can see them being very popular in the parks!

I guess the only problem would be that if you had an interactive Mickey, you couldn't have a non-interactive one elsewhere, otherwise kids who've met the talking Mickey would be confused as to why the other isn't?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Kristof

There's a topic about the "living" Mickey here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9185

Closing this one ;-)

CafeFantasia

To me, it doesn't look pre-recorded. Could it be that Disney have found a new official voice for Mickey Mouse, and that this guy is actually there in Anaheim, doing the voice live in a secret room?