Captain EO returns to Discoveryland - now closed

Started by The Butlin Boy, April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoefromSingapore

Quote from: "iceburnmarko"Wasnt that the place where honey I shunk the audience, or was that at WDS?

Its in Discoveryland, Disneyland Park replacing Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

Personally I hope they don't bring HISTA back, it was looking tired. Maybe a BRAND NEW 3D show will replace Captain EO when it ends sometime next year?
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

gingajen

Is there a merchandise stall for Captain EO? My sister and I are huge Michael Jackson fans, and neither of us have seen this show before and it would be great to have a 'momento' of it.

hawian rollercoaster

Yes there is at the shop nearer star tours they have lots to choose from.

15MagicalYears

There's Captain EO merchandise all over the resort, I bought my Tee in the village!

Magic M

Has there been a date set yet on when Captain EO will close?

I've got a trip booked in March and would love to see it for the first time since 1988!

Magic M

gingajen

I really, really hope it's still open in June! I loved it!  It's utter cheese, there's no other way to describe it, but it is evident that it would have been really cutting edge back in the day.

Josh

It might not be temporary. But I'm sure it'll be there at least until after the 20th anniversary.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

Bad news, Captain EO fans!

Now apparently being taken as confirmed: Captain EO to close definitively at Disneyland Paris on 2nd April 2012

Final day of operation will be Sunday, 1st April 2012. News of the closure was apparently revealed to Cast Members at the attraction today, with no announcement of an imminent replacement.

ulak

:( I wanted to see it this year in May.  So i hope for something new for this atraction - sad if nothing- dead place in Discoveryland (StarTours is very old, Lion King is dead, 3D cinema is dead, Space Mountain 2 in bad condition... :( )
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

dagobert

I would have hoped to see it in September, but I'm fine with that. Since they will not replace it with another attraction, I don't understand the closing. That area of Discoveryland is already a dead zone and with the very bad condition of Star Tours it gets worse. I guess they will add another M&G.

It's really time to think about the future of Discoveryland. It's just a shadow of its former glory. However Mr. Gas said in a round table discussion that WDI is already working on that. Hopefully they don't scrap the whole discovery theme in favour of more and more toon inspired rides.

Vegitabeta

No! I love Captain EO :(

JelleP

Quote from: "dagobert"Hopefully they don't scrap the whole discovery theme in favour of more and more toon inspired rides.
Like Space Mountain: Mission 3 based on the story De la Terre à la Lune avec Buzz l'Éclair, next to Les Mystères du Nemo where the Giant Squid attack is replaced by Meet 'n Greet with Bruce... :')

I'm sorry, that's just pure horror...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "JelleP"Like Space Mountain: Mission 3 based on the story De la Terre à la Lune avec Buzz l'Éclair, next to Les Mystères du Nemo where the Giant Squid attack is replaced by Meet 'n Greet with Bruce... :')
Well they've already got the airship for Up, so why not? :P

CafeFantasia

What if Disney are closing Captain EO so that they can move the seats and effects hardware over to the Animagique theatre, for Mickey's PhilharMagic?

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Alan"What if Disney are closing Captain EO so that they can move the seats and effects hardware over to the Animagique theatre, for Mickey's PhilharMagic?
That's an interesting theory! Though I'm still slightly worried at the fact they're closing an attraction without plans of a replacement.