Titanic - The Ultimate Experience

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, April 05, 2010, 12:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

On the 15th April 2012 will be the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of Titanic. The majority of men and lower class passengers drowned in the freezing waters of the Atlantic Ocean. I think before that date Disney should make a ride to show visitors just how it would have been like to be part of that ship on that fateful night and let the respect people have today for this tragedy live on. I have came up with a ride like Armageddon that will send visitors into the ship on 14th/15th April 1912. This is still in the planning stage but I have a rough idea what will happen in the ride.

It will replace Armageddon and will be based on the film Titanic with posters outside it containing the logo of the film and pictures.

Visitors will enter a room and will be shown images of the Titanic and some of the special effects in the film.

The visitors will then be told to move into the main room where the action happens. The room will look identical to the corridors outside the bedrooms in the movie and also on the wall will be seats facing each other with pull over safety device like space mountain but will not be as bulky so the riders will be able to move their heads without any problem.

The action begins- Riders are told to take their seat. When the cast member checks all safety devices then he/she leaves the room. A sudden bang is heard behind one side of the sets seats which will make all riders jump. This is the sound of the iceberg. Nothing happens for 30 seconds after that and the riders think"Phew!"
Drips of water come from the roof and water starts running down the corridor. Down the corridor is a door and all you hear is "Help, can anybody here me?" This voice is Jack from the film. Water then starts to build up and the elevator opposite Jack's room opens and even more water rushes down the corridor. The lights the flicker on and off rapidly and cries can be heard from the floor above. When the water reaches a certain point the row of seats rise. The boat then reaches the tipping stage and the room starts to tilt along with the seats. Cries from the above floor get louder as people from the lower classes are arguing with the crew to let them leave the boat. The room also gets cooler. The room tilts even more and the ship's klaxon sounds now and again. Lights from the torches of the life ships shine through the windows. The walls also have sudden jerks and the rooms jerks often like Armageddon.
The room then goes into complete darkness for about 30 secs while the water is drained out silently from the bottom of the corridor so guests can't see it or hear it. During this time a voice can be heard from the outside as the crew member who searches for living people asks if "there is anyone alive out there, can anyone here me?" The voice repeats itself but get further away each time like what Rose experiences in the film. The room then goes back to the way it was and the seats are lower back down to ground level.

Guest are then brought out into a room that contains a mini titanic museum which they can choose to skip and exit.
To add to the atmosphere an instrumental of "My heart will go on" will be playing when guests leave the main room.

This idea just came into my head without doing much thinking but I think it would be an amazing add to the studios and a good replacement for Armageddon.
What do you all think?

I will try to make sketches for the ride.

Thanks, CPP

norhel

Must say that I like the idea.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

guest3474

Whilst I love the idea, Armageddon was made by Touchstone Pictures which is a sub-division of the Walt Disney Company , whilst Titanic was made by 20th Century Fox, which has a contract with Universal (for instance with the Simpsons Ride , Blues Brother , etc in Florida) , which unfortunately means that they could not base it on the film.

However if they could make the attraction and base it more on the actual historical event than the film, they may get away with it... :D

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "Whip"Whilst I love the idea, Armageddon was made by Touchstone Pictures which is a sub-division of the Walt Disney Company , whilst Titanic was made by 20th Century Fox, which has a contract with Universal (for instance with the Simpsons Ride , Blues Brother , etc in Florida) , which unfortunately means that they could not base it on the film.

I was thinking about that when coming up with this ride :lol: If someway Walt Disney Company could sign a contract just for this ride  :| probably not :lol: