Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End (2007)

Started by Dlrpfan, July 29, 2006, 10:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

Now Dead Mans chest leaves on a bit of a clif hanger when Captain Barbossa arrives.

what do you think will happen in the third?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

They sail "to the end of the earth" and save Jack. 8)

More specifically, I think it involves the East India Trading Company much more and will have a bit of an asian twist.  They have to travel to the orient and confront Captain Sao Feng to find the way to "World's End".  Oh, and Tia Dalma "departs"...

The title will possibly (but maybe not, since all guesses for Dead Man's Chest were wrong) either be "Pirates of the Caribbean: World's End", "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End", or "Pirates of the Caribbean: Uncharted Waters".

There should also be that cameo from Keith Richards as Jack's dad.

I got most of that from various things I've read, and also Wikipedia is a lovely place for rumours. :D

QuoteAccording to another article in Entertainment Weekly, director Gore Verbiniski, revealed a basic plot: "Piracy itself is at stake. It's like the railroad coming to the West". Verbiniski continues on to state that within the film there will be: "a conference of the world's pirate leaders and a treacherous journey to the literal ends of the earth". After that there is a massive fight scene were Jack fends off 100's of sea urchins.

Jon

i herd keith richards isnt doing it because he is doing a live tour and couldnt get the time off to do it!
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

The Butlin Boy

Form Comngsoon.net:

QuoteWith Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest about to take the top box office spot for a third weekend in a row, Walt Disney Pictures unveiled the first footage from the third installment at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. While it was previously believed to carry the subtitle "At World's End," those words were not included in the presentation and we're expecting you'll be hearing a new subtitle soon. (Spoilers ahead!)

The footage was about two minutes long and included brief interviews with producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Orlando Bloom. Chow Yun-Fat's character had many speaking lines in the clip, which featured lots of Singapore floating village shots, a rescue Captain Jack Sparrow scene, a scene where Sparrow has to convince the crew to run back and forth on the shipdeck to rock a ship over, Jack the undead monkey in Chinese Warrior armor, shots of Barbossa and Sparrow amid a huge shipboard sword battle, and a swordfight between Sparrow and Davy Jones atop a crows nest in a giant storm.

The teaser poster for the third film (shown below) was at the event as well. Pirates of the Caribbean 3 hits theaters on May 25, 2007.

The Butlin Boy

Filmz.ru have posted 6 pictures of the next film on their website, including Jack and Elizabeths new costumes!

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6

Anthony

Thanks for posting those!  Looks like this could see Ted, Terry and Mr. JD return Jack Sparrow to the world of comedy, after all the drama of Dead Man's Chest.  The oriental theme fits surprisingly well.

Elizabeth's costumes look especially good.  There's a strange absence of Will in those photos, though... has anyone else heard the rumours that he's going to be killed at the end of this film?

ChipChap

In Germany they said, that Will will die (haha) in the third movie!
Orlando Bloom wanted too much money and they said: no, then we will cut you out of the movie. We have no money, after the small income of POTC 2. lol

I don't know if this true, but they said this on many german websites ;)
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Nala_84

Really?? Is that true? I wouldn't like that... I hate it when characters die, I'm romantic so he has to marry Elizabeth  :P
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

suzie

[quote="ChipChap", after the small income of POTC 2. [/quote]

Small income... wasn't POTC 2 quite succesful?
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

Anthony

It's probably more like the writers just realised after Dead Man's Chest that Will's character is boring, whereas Jack and Elizabeth together is much more exciting.  I know I did, anyway.

Go Jack and Elizabeth! :D

swity

Quote from: "Nala_84"Really?? Is that true? I wouldn't like that... I hate it when characters die, I'm romantic so he has to marry Elizabeth  :P

I totally understand you but I think when charakters die its more exiting...And its also more realistic.....Not that I'm a pessismist but there is not always an happy end in real life...

ChipChap

Quote from: "suzie"Small income... wasn't POTC 2 quite succesful?

I wrote a "lol" after that sentence. It was meant ironical ;)
It was REALLY succesful. The income is the third biggest one in movie history! Only Titanic and one Lord of the Rings movie had a higher income  8)

I have a bad feeling for POTC3...I hope it will not be like Matrix: first movie great, second okay and the third totally bad full of computer animations *g*
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

suzie

Will charactar is kinda boring that's true, but he is HOT, doesn't that count for for something  :lol:
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

Anthony

New publicity photos have been released:

More here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31212

I'm so glad they made new ones for this film, it was so lazy of them to reuse the first poster for Dead Man's Chest (adding some dodgy wavy hair for Elizabeth of course).

Soap

In one word: "AWESOME"  :twisted:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney