Town Square Photography Refurbishment

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, March 30, 2010, 01:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/03/hidden-photography/

According to Dlp.info, town square photography is in a stage of refurbishment but guests can still enter it.
What an eyesore  :oops:

Kristof

That's quite old news... The white scaffolding was replaced 2 weeks ago by a printed one. Same goes for Disney Clothiers.

Edit: Disney Clothiers refurbishment is scheduled to end 18 June and Town Square Photography 02 July 2010.

CentralPlazaPerson

Thanks

luke85

Quote from: "Kristof"That's quite old news... The white scaffolding was replaced 2 weeks ago by a printed one. Same goes for Disney Clothiers.

Edit: Disney Clothiers refurbishment is scheduled to end 18 June and Town Square Photography 02 July 2010.

That's a lot longer than I first thought, they'll still be under tarps when I visit in June. Still, I'd rather they do a completely thorough refurb than rush through it in a couple of weeks. Keep up the good work!

dagobert

The buildings needed the refurbishment, especially the Town Square Photography. Disney Clothiers was already under scaffolding in February. Good to see that they are doing an exhaustive refurb.

pussinboots

That's a pretty long refurb — Is all the wood in need of replacement or something?

smurfy74

i was thinking the same thing but didnt it take them about the same time to do plaza gardens???

Festival Disney

Not TS Photography, but the Clothiers has come out of Refurb!

Source: Disney Gazette
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

It looks like new, wonderful to see it like this again :D
Actually, the buildings next to it look a little 'old', but that doesn't really matter for me...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Festival Disney

The scaffolding is coming down! :thumbs:

Source: DCP's Facebook
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Here's the finished product  :D

Source: http://www.disneygazette.fr/rehabilitat ... s-393.html
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

It looks wonderful! I'm glad they finished it before the 'real' season starts :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

-breeno-

Great refurb, so nice to see the buildings on Main Street in their beautiful colours especially with sun out for the summer, makes it look very fresh and classy.

Is there an actually list on the internet of all the scheduled refurbishments for attractions and buildings?  Anytime a new topic on a refurb is opened it catches me by surprise.

EDIT: Just remembered about our very own Closures & Refurbishments sections on DLRPMagic!  How embarrassing  :oops:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

norhel

Looks great I must say. You get kinda happy when seeing it :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

luke85

Beautiful :D

Main Street is looking so good at the moment!