New Fantasyland "Maisonnette"

Started by Anthony, July 24, 2006, 04:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Well, for a popcorn stand it looks like a damn nice one! Imagine what kind of thing it could have been. Although I would have liked to see Belle's Christmas Village to come back, I am glad they re-use the structures in a good way. They've got a second life now.

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Well, for a popcorn stand it looks like a damn nice one! Imagine what kind of thing it could have been. Although I would have liked to see Belle's Christmas Village to come back, I am glad they re-use the structures in a good way. They've got a second life now.
I think it's brand new, isn't it?  Belle's Christmas Village is still due to return this Christmas, just without the Musical Medley show.

This new stand does indeed look like a scaled-up version of the market stalls though, and you're absolutely right: we can be sad that it's just a popcorn stand (why do they need so many of those anyway, did I miss something that everyone buys popcorn at theme parks?), but on the other hand: it's VERY nicely themed!  Fills in that blank gap in Fantasyland, too.  It'll be interesting to see if they've related it to a particular film, or if it's just a generic fantasy theme.

Kristof

It's quite simple actually: pleasing the sponsors.

At both parks more and more sponsor logo's are popping up (remember the Hertz sticker on the cab in front of Backlot Express not so long ago?)

Anthony

Fantasyland doesn't need to be "cool" with its new food location, it seems.

According to several sources, the hut is called "L'Arbre Enchanté", and DJinspace posted this photo on DCP:

:arrow: //http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8594/image1to5.jpg

The "enchanted tree" will be planted in the small fenced circle on the right.  Quite nice, eh? :D

penfold12

Either way I think its fantastic that so much effort has been put into a simple popcorn stand. I was begining to worry the days of theming were numbered...

Kristof

QuoteThe "enchanted tree" will be planted in the small fenced circle on the right.

Maybe it's an enchanted, invisible tree?  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Maybe it's an enchanted, invisible tree?  :wink:
Ooo perhaps! Maybe only the most magical of people can see it?

DLRP should build a whole third park based on that concept... :lol:

Kristof

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "raptor1982"Maybe it's an enchanted, invisible tree?  :wink:
Ooo perhaps! Maybe only the most magical of people can see it?

DLRP should build a whole third park based on that concept... :lol:

Maybe that's why we like WDS.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

DisneyBud

Didn't you know? They opened that third park last year. Don't tell me you can't see it!!! :P

Kristof

The Enchanted Tree has been planted!!!

Masamune

o.o What's with all the different coloured fruit?

Kristof

that's why it's enchanted  :wink:

Maarten

It's great to see them putting so much effort in a simple food stand. This is pure Disney... even the smallest things in the parks do have details, story and a reason for even being there. Great!  :)

Masamune

Quote from: "raptor1982"that's why it's enchanted  :wink:
:shock: Ooooooooh... :lol:

:) Aww, it really is lovely...

Sam

It turned out great in the end. Let's hope the leaves of the magical tree don't get pulled off. :)