Ebay UK Fake Pins - Fight Back

Started by andyroid20, March 13, 2010, 09:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyroid20

I was just recently scammed with fake pins. I should have realised becuase the pins were so cheap. The quailty of them was such that they could not in anyway be real.
The User IDs are;
pinsellerzuk
legosparesuk

Here is the email address to report them to Disney. Quote some item numbers of obvious ones, like the cute mystery pins which they just relist straight away. I'm sure if Disney get enough complaints they will prosecute them. I'm in the process of getting their address when I send them back.

mailto:tips@disneyantipiracy.com">tips@disneyantipiracy.com

daxyboy

There is a lot selling fake/scrapper pins at the moment on ebay.they must be fake as the same sellers are relisting the same pins over and over,some on a daily basis,its a good give away with pins like the soda fountain director series which are limited to 300,i must have seen more than this,if you look now there will probably be at least 10 of it right now.i could name about 8 or 9 sellers doing this.

pink_danio

Its a real pity that they can do this.
Are there ways in which people can check if their pins a genuine?
I use pinpics as they usually give a description under the pin photo and also will describe the scrappers.

I looked up the two sellers mention and i think both have 100% feedback if not 99% to me that says a good seller? I wouldnt think of going through their items and checking how many of a certain item they have for sale - must remember to do this in future.