D23 Expo Returns to Anaheim in 2011, New DL Event

Started by alka1, March 10, 2010, 06:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alka1

Quote"The first D23 Expo surpassed all of our expectations, and our 2011 Expo is already shaping up to be a jaw-dropping, not-to-be missed showcase of the best and brightest Disney has to offer," said Steven Clark, head of D23.

Today the Annual Shareholder meeting was held. Among the announcements - D23 Expo is coming back to Anaheim in 2011! In addition to that, a new Destination D event was announced. This event will alternate every year with the expo. This year's event will be held at Disneyland, and will be dedicated to the park's 55th anniversary.

link for more info: //http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/031010_NF_FEAT_D23ExpoDestinationD.html

The event will include "two full days of special presentations, panels, screenings and guest speakers that let fans meet and talk with key figures in Disneyland's history."  

In addition to all the news, a new Disney Premiere Passport was announced for the US parks. The new annual pass will retail for $700, and it will be on sale starting March 11, 2010.

Columbiad

Fascinating - I wonder if this Destination D thing will open the tiny possibility that D23 may come to Paris?

Actually, is D23 even open to members outside the US??

AmericanMouse

I'd like to see 'em send the D23 Expo to Orlando for even numbered years in 2012.

Tuvok

Quote from: "Columbiad"Fascinating - I wonder if this Destination D thing will open the tiny possibility that D23 may come to Paris?

Actually, is D23 even open to members outside the US??

Yes, D23 is open to international fans, but the shipping costs are ridiculous. They charge 50 dollars for every shipment to Europe. That's insane, otherwise I would have become a member.

I'd also love to see a D23 Expo in Paris, but I don't believe we can expect something like this any time soon. Maybe during the 20th anniversary celebration in 2012?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

I would be very happy to see a D23 expo in Paris, but it would also be fine for me just to buy a membership and D23 merchandise at DLRP.

Anthony

A D23 Expo? I'd just like to see DLP acknowledge that fans exist... when was the last time they did something special for AP Dream passholders, or did anything to build a bit of affinity with our resort? Does anyone remember that special night at Videopolis in 2005 when they showed Crush/Cars/Tower/Buzz concept art?

But yeah, it really sucks if you're a Walt Disney World fan, because they're technically served by D23 but get such a bad deal... why is the history of WDW so overlooked? Isn't there enough backstory to talk about for a Destination D event in Orlando?