Seven New Shows?

Started by experiment627, April 19, 2004, 11:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Today, I stumbled across an interview of André Lacroix in the German tourism trade magazine "FVW".
Besides discussing strategies to finally increase DLP's number of German visitors, he mentioned that they would introduce 7 new shows this season...
Okay, there's "Good Morning WDS", the "Lilo & Stitch Catch a Wave" show / thing, "The Lion King" and "Peter Pan"... what are the other three???

Kristof

Wow, that would be good news  :D   Maybe something on Festival Stage?

experiment627

I don't want to start any false rumours - I'm probably just forgetting something...

Maybe he's talking about some seasonal shows? Remember: there haven't been any announcements yet about this year's official program for Halloween and Christmas...

I don't think it will be anything major - I was just curious what I might have forgotten...

Kristof

Yeah, but you know... The Goodmorning WDS isn't a major thing either, but it's really fun. So anything new, would be nice!!!  :D

Anthony

I loved Good Morning WDS, the characters were all so fantastic and the music was even better!  Peter Pan to the Rescue is pretty good aswell, so even if any new shows are small ones like these then i'm happy!

I think experiment has a point about the Halloween and Christmas festivals.  Wouldn't it be cool if they actually had a Halloween show?  They could do it in the Chapperal Theatre and if they did it well then it would be a nice extra for Halloween to make the festival even bigger then it already is!

experiment627

I don't think that there would be any time to transform Chaparral Theatre for yet another show between "Tarzan" and "Mickey's Winterwonderland"...

Anthony

Oh yeah, good point...  :(   Even if it was a very simple show they couldn't put all the Mickey's Winter Wonderland sets in in two days! lol

Perhaps then they could bring Fantasyland back into the Halloween celebrations again? (it was kindof in them in 2002 but the budget wasn't big enough to allow for a lot of decorations)  That would mean that could use the Fantasy Festival Stage whih has been sitting unused for far too long now!

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"That would mean that could use the Fantasy Festival Stage whih has been sitting unused for far too long now!

The trouble with the Festival Stage is, that it has a very low capacity (about half of Chaparral...) - so besides a "rubberhead-show" like the (mind-dumbing, IMO) "Le Noel de Mickey" which only has a limited appeal, I don't see them doing anything with it... rather than a new production in that place, I'd like them to bring back street-shows like "The Sword in the Stone" or all of that cool streetmosphere that they had in the early years...