Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (Now Open!)

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbug83

Quote from: "jortlaban"if there is any opening date it will be june 17..... as some sources say that I personnaly find more reliable than your sisters phonecall.

i dont think there was any need for that tone and for your information it is 9th June!

Kristof

Relax, please.  Lets keep this a friendly board.

Owain

Edited: dlrp.fr reports progress in Cars Race Rally area;

Casa Della Tires is looking good with its Tire tower! (will the tire tower be turning ? )

The sign to Flo's V8 Cafe is put in but not completely ready as you can see it still has work to be done to it.

And last but certainly not least, the vehicles from Cars Race Rally have got sand bags in them which dlrp.fr report are to test the equivalent weight of a humans in the cars on the ride.

//http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_toon_studio_cars_race_rally_crush_coaster_1118.html

Kristof

Quote from: "Owain"http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/wds/toonstudios/cars/enseignes/carsracerally01.jpg

//http://www.dlrp.fr

Mod note: Please, no photos larger than 800px width!

Please read our Dos and Don'ts here:

Quote» Just posting a photo doesn't make much sense, as everyone is interested in your opinion about it as well!

viewtopic.php?t=1032

Owain

Photo updates of Cars Race Rally are above.

Maarten

Wow, I like this shot in particular. I like the colorscheme of the Cars buildings, especially with the Tower looming in the background. Everything looks so Disney and has a quality feel over it. The Cars buildings are only facades, but they seem quite elaborate and detailed. Im not too worried about the Hollywood Studio Placemaking.  :wink:

penfold12

I wasnt that excited about this attraction seeing as its aimed at little kids. But, after seeing those pic, I cant wait, its bringing much needed themeing to the studios. Suddenly it feels like a Disney park!

Kristof

The backdrop has been put in place!

Source

Kristof

QuoteThe Cars buildings are only facades, but they seem quite elaborate and detailed.

Just to point out that they won't  be just façades.  Each "building" will have its own interior theming.  Expect lots of props and posters inside from the different Radiator Springs stores.  I've seen posters for Ramone's Body Art Shop and the Doc Hudson articles on the walls and there will be even Fillmore's organic fuel props and an enormous Piston Cup.  

And on a side note, "christmas" lights have been put up past weekend on the Tires tower, as can be seen near the end of the movie when Lightning McQueen spruces up the town.

Anthony

And the telegraph poles are in place too! It looks very Route 66 now.

And also: http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/a ... C08740.jpg

It's good to hear they've got those "christmas lights" up, and you can also see all the spaces reserved for neons, like on the Flo's Café sign.  This has some seriously brilliant themeing for a "tea cups" ride.  Imagine it all illuminated at night! :o

Owain

The Butlin Boy

Incredible, the level of detail in the themeing is just incredible, I  can't get my head around how much it looks like the film :)

tubbsy

How big do you think those cars look? I'm wondering how I'd get in there and I'm average height. Is this going ot be a little person ride alone ride?
If you look at the man stood in the background and compare him to the cars, they look as though they are going to be a tight squeeze. But you cant really tell by a photo.....

The theming is amazing though. Theat whole area of WDS is going to look amazing. Hopefully it wont be long before everywhere else catches up

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

mousy.be

Will there be a new shop or restaurant of something behind the walls of the facades of the Cars attractions? Will there be a shop at the Nemo attraction?
Greetings from
mousy.be

Kristof

No and... no.  :)

There might be a few selling carts, but there are no actual shops planned.