How to start best with pin trading?

Started by Ronald767, February 03, 2010, 08:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pink_danio

lol thanks stitch :)
I think i'll just bring mine and see if there are any i like (fingers crossed i spot the boards)

Ronald767

Thanks for the great advice guys!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"and I will add to what Aveen said about Cast Lanyard pins is that places like here and Facebook will get a heads up (sometimes) to what they are so we know what to look out for as some cast members dont know that much about pins so there could be one on their lanyard and not know its there as Ive had that before.

Good point danny!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Dorsetcandy

Hiya Ronald welcome to the addiction..i mean hobby of pin trading  :D  the others have made some great points above all buy pins because you like them or they have some sort of meaning to you,you can't really go wrong if you do that!
 Thought i would try and help by letting you know when a cast member can/should say no to trading a pin to avoid any embarassment!
-The pin must have the @Disney mark
-Plastic,rubber & non metal pins can not be traded
-Cast name badges or service pins can not be traded
-The pin you are trading must not already be on the lanyard/board
-Pins must be in good undamaged condition
-Also pins thats belong to a set if making up a picture/phrase must not be traded as a single pin but as a set!
I have only recently found out about that and i think it could cause some confusion as with some sets the individual pins don't look out of place on thier own,i think this ruling will be down to individual cms you deal with so i wouldn't worry too much just put it on the list so you knew about it!

Ronald767

Thanks , my problem is only... what do i need to collect :S My buddy collects stitch so i want something diffrent.

Stitch2814

if you like stitch then collect stitch lol your friend shouldnt hate you for it if you want to collect Stitch as he is a very popular character to collect (I should know lol) every trader is different that is the obvious thing so whatever you collect be it the same as someone else or something different you will find what you want to collect sooner or later.

But no one can tell you what yo collect its up to you no one else lol keep us all informed of what you decide to collect and maybe we can help start your collection...

Eager_Eyes

I've been collecting pretty much since pin trading started back in 2000 I happened to be in Florida when it all kicked off and stuck with since. At first I used to collect attraction pins.  But time and time again I'd buy another pin cos it had Mickey on it I've always loved Mickey so I decided to concentrate on mainly collecting him!  That isn't to say that I don't have pins that I love that aren't Mickey I've got side tracked in to a few random paths.  Last summer in Paris, there weren't that many Mickey's on the lanyards I randomily decided to persue Buzz Lightyear and Chip and Dale pins.  Variety is fun for me.  Although I agree about sticking to a theme you don't have to be rigid at the end of the day its your collection you're buying them because you enjoy it and you want pins that when you look that will make you smile, that is for me, what its all about!

Ronald767

Im thinking to collect ratatouille!

Stitch2814

cool not seen that film yet lol but so you know what pins there are and how many are out there go to Pinpics and take a look :)

Well for me Ive not seen a ratatouille pin in person yet lol

fly_with_me_dumbo

hi, i never knew there were boards in the park, so are these just for LE pins then? and is it the same rules as the lanyard no doubling up, only 2  a day, but htese have to have LE on the back?

Stitch2814

Yeah the pin boards are LE at the top and core pins at the bottom and cant trade duplicate pins on the baord like the lanyards. And Ive heard the person will look to see if it says LE on the back.

fly_with_me_dumbo

oh right i see kind of like the store board but obviously i guess bigger. So do they change the location of these boards?

Stitch2814

Ive heard they change locations everyday, I guess to stop traders getting all the good pins if it was in the same place all the time as wouldnt be fair on other traders if all the good pins were taken by the same person who stalked the pin board XD