Up attraction

Started by jeakat24, February 03, 2010, 02:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

I had this idea while commenting on the TSPL thread. It's my first idea and I haven't really thought of everything so bear with me!

I was thinking about possible dark rides for the Studios Park based around a Pixar film and then I pictured Carl's house, with all the balloons attached and thought how striking that would look.

It would be a full sized house, with a tour through the lower floor, showing where the balloons were attached and possibly bumping into Russel, Carl and/ or Dug along the way, and of course looking at the Adventure Book. I was thinking that perhaps just a tour of the house wouldn't be good enough and thought it could maybe be a bit like Phantom Manor in the respect that it could then turn into a dark ride.
Perhaps the windows in the house could actually be TV screens and at the end of the tour the house breaks away from its mooring and it begins to rise. As this happens the TV screens could show what would be the view from the window if you were actually rising, showing the Studio's park getting smaller and smaller. Then all the guests would be seated in either jungle green or brightly coloured seats (shaped like the one in PM) before being taken around the rainforest. On the way you could meet Kevin and the dogs as well as other creatures.
To get back to the park, there could be effects at the end where Russell and Carl appear and tie balloons on to the backs of your seats.  

Anyway, that was just a quick idea I wanted to share before I forgot it, I know it's got a lot of holes in it but I'd still want to ride it!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

JelleP

Well, I made a quick sketch some time ago. It shows Carl's house standing in front of a big rock structure (wich hides the building). You go into the house and while you wait you can just look around (even in the Adventure-book). You leave the house at the back door and now you're in the jungle at night and this will be the second part of the queue.

I'm still not sure about the type of the ride itself, but maybe something like Crush's Coaster, but than with an iverted rollercoaster!

You'll find the sketch on JelleP.com and here:
HERE
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

jeakat24

Wow, that's looks brilliant!  =D>

There's so many different possibilites with attractions based around Up. I would say I'd be surprised if they didn't do anything with in the future but I'm not so sure they will.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge