Selected/ass. hotels
5 (5.9%)
Others
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: January 23, 2010, 09:05:03 AM

norhel

Good morning all!

Just wantet to create a new topic for what you tink is the best Disney hotel and your best hotel experience.
Sorry if this already has a topic (couldn't find it).

I've stayed at Sequoia and Santa Fe and I think the best hotel of those is Santa Fe.
The reason is that I like it better than Seqouia for some reason. Don't now why.

What hotel do you think is best, and what is the best hotel experience do you had?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dagobert

I would say that the best hotel is the Disneyland Hotel, although I haven't stayed there. We have only been three time to the Santa Fe and we were always very happy with our choice. The rooms were always nice and clean, the breakfast was standard and it was always very quiet.

Once we had a problem with the ventilator in our bathroom and 10 minutes later housekeeping arrived and fixed it. So we can really recommend this hotel.

But next time we want to experience a new hotel and that's the reason why we are trying the Sequoia Lodge.

Nevertheless the best Disney Hotel we have been was the Pop Century Resort at WDW. It is just a Value Resort but I don't know why, this is the Disney Hotel we enjoyed the most.

disneymom

For me the best Disneyhotel is the Santa Fe. The rooms are o.k. and I can park the car close to my room, because we like to shop and eat outside. Sure some of the other themings are much nicer but I really need only a clean place to sleep, if I go to Disney. Sometimes I miss a minibar or a small fridge in the room.

Disneymom

davewasbaloo

Hmmmm, sadly the Disneyland Hotel is the only one that delivers the standard of service DIsney was known for (The New York used to, and the SL used to be a great option, but alas no more).

My preferred place to stay in the area is the MArriott Vacation Club on the golf course.
since 2001 (many before that)

Tuvok

I've been to Santa Fe, Newport Bay Club and Sequoia Lodge, so I only can choose one of those. During the Christmas season Sequoia Lodge is the best, so much atmosphere and lights, it's just magical! During the other seasons Newport Bay Club is my favorite. I like the theme and the hotelrooms are very nice.
I'm going to Cheyenne for my next visit and hope to do New York and Disneyland Hotel in the next two years. I think, in general and quality wise, the Disneyland Hotel is the best, but I haven't had the chance to sleep there.

When I go the Disneyland I always sleep in a Disney Hotel. It's the most magical experience and you can walk to the parks, which I love (a stroll along Lake Disney and then through Disney Village to the parks, amazing!).
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

As I said a few posts before, we have only been to the Santa Fe and were always happy with our choice. This year we are trying Sequoia Lodge, but for the visits to come, we are thinking about staying in one of the Vienna International Hotels. The hotels look really beautiful and nice and the price is also okay and since it is an Austrian company thev have sometimes very good offers in the travel agencies here.

Last July we stayed in a Vienna International Hotel in Prague and it was great. I would even say it was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed. So we are considering these hotels for the next visit. There are only two things that bother me. First you have to use your car or the bus to go to the parks and second you don't get the Extra Magical Hours.

Elaine

I've stayed at the Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Newport Bay Club, Etap, Explorers and Magic Circus.
My favourite out of the onsite hotels so far is the Santa Fe, but I have my eye on the Hotel New York - love the look of that hotel.
My favourite out of the lot so far though is the Magic Circus - fabulous value for money, and you get way more for your money booking the associated hotels through other agents than Disney. And although its offsite, its the only hotel room we've had where we could see the Studios (ToT) from our window  :D . We have had no problems at all, getting the shuttle buses to and from the associated hotels, any time we've been. You do have to be a little more conscious of time though, as the buses run around every 15-20 minutes.

Elaine

luke85

I voted for the Santa Fe. I've only ever stayed at Davy Crockett Ranch, the Cheyenne and the Santa Fe, and to be honest I was happy with the service I received in each of them! It was close between SF and C, but I went for SF in the end because I like the little outside details that surround the rooms, I also love the vibrancy of the lobby and La Cantina!

Angelgirl

Over the last 2 years, hubby, 2 daughters and myself, have stayed at -

Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Hotel, Dream Castle and Magic Circus (some more times than others)

Of all the on-site hotels, best for us has to be Santa Fe. But, I have voted for Associated Hotels, as The Dream Castle for us ,was by far better, than most hotels I have ever stayed in.

Aurora

I voted for the Santa Fe. It is the only hotel we stayed in. My vote may change after we went in April, then it will be the Cheyenne. I`m curios and exited..
Aurora

smurfy74

weve statyed at the Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay Club, and The Elysee Val D'Europe ( but were staying in the Disneyland in 6 weeks :-) ) Weve liked all of them for different reasons - Santa Fe is cute on a budget, Cheyenne has great theming and fun for my nephews, Sequoia Lodge is great in the winter and has some of what we have found the best cast members, NPBC had a great restaurant in the Cape Cod - we totally loved their buffet, the roast meats were great and dont get me started on the soft poached meringues with butterscotch mmmmmm and the elysee was great for shopping at Val D'europe as its right opposite the mall. Overall I have picked the Seq Lodge because of the cast members.

Timbo

For me it has to be the Disneyland Hotel , despite being overpriced !! It is overall a perfect Disney hotel, the best hotel experience was being given unlimited Fastpasses on check in , as the receptionist asked how many times we had been to DLP , and realised we were very regular guests !! It made our trip of course , and she got a great compliment on the comment card for going the extra mile !

andrewuk

Explorers for me, although that might be because it was our honeymoon and they gave us a large suite. The 'tropical atrium' at the centre of the hotel works well, plenty of light and the waterfall is a nice touch. It was very clean too, but then it was only a few months old. We enjoyed being just outside of the hustle and bustle of Disney too, and the restaurants and food were good. I don't think not having EMH is a big deal, but I have talked enough about that elsewhere and I'm not bothered about the fantasyland rides. The grounds are improving too, and it has probably one of the best themes of the non-Disney hotels.  Although I want to try all the hotels, I think we will be back here before we finish that.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

davewasbaloo

We have stayed at the following:

DLH - 4 times
HNY - 12 times
NBC - 3 times
SL - 9 times
Cheyenne - 2 times
Santa Fe - 3 times
DCR - 1 time
Holiday Inn (as was) - 9 times
Kyriad - 1 time
Dreamcastle - 1 time
Explorers - 1 time
Marriott Vacation Club Ile de France - 3 times
Raddison SAS - 1 time
And further afield on different occasions.

My preferences are:
$
1. Marriott (awesome villa and grounds)
2. DLH (the only one that feels like a real Disney hotel like in the US, but totally overpriced)
3. Radisson (Great service and facilities)
4. HNY (this used to be No. 1 or 2, but the service, maintence and restaurant changes have ruined the place)
5. Dreamcastle (Nice alternative, and with Dream APs, you can still do EMH)
6. Magic Circus (preferred it when it was Holiday Inn as I could stay for free, ce la vie)
7. Sequoia Lodge (used to be much higher, but they have ruined Hunters Grill with a stupid buffet, maintenance is poor, and it gets crowded)
8. Cheyenne (cute, but overpriced compared to the non Disney options)
9. DCR (Love it, if the cabin is maintained and if they served breakfast earlier)
10. Explorers (hnmmmmm, the pool is cool. But it is too budget English for my liking)

I would not choose the Santa Fe or the Newport Bay Club again unless it is being given away (or virtually).
since 2001 (many before that)

Lorange2010

Hi everyone
just booked Hotel New York, going next week
is it really not good?
thanks!