Disney Food Pictures

Started by dagobert, January 21, 2010, 08:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gothprincess

Thanks, the whole buffet looked veggie not a serloin in site:-( it looked like it was mainly cold food too which sounds great in July but we're going in Febuary.

TBH the food is the one thing I'm not looking forward to I'm going for the first time but from everything I have read from menues and trip reports the food costs a fortune and it hit and miss at best :-( I'm really worried we'll end up paying a fortune for food we don't want to eat.

Samninetysix

Quote from: "gothprincess"TBH the food is the one thing I'm not looking forward to I'm going for the first time but from everything I have read from menues and trip reports the food costs a fortune and it hit and miss at best :-( I'm really worried we'll end up paying a fortune for food we don't want to eat.

It really is hit and miss in a lot of the eateries, if you got served the same quality food for the money it costs in your home town you would refuse to pay for it. But because it's Disney, we should all behave like sheep and accept it. Don't get me wrong, my wife, daughter and I love DLP (42 times) but it doesn't give them the right to rip people off with shoddy food. I've never really questioned the service and when you factor in the small sums that DLP pay for the foodstuffs they buy it p**ses me off. We've learned to eat at certain places (and those are slowly being thinned out by DLP due to penny pinching) but as much as we love the place, how long should we put up with it or should we start eating at all the cheap & nasty food outlets? - Not trying to sound snobby - I'm not, I come from a very working class background but we as have most of you, spent thousands at DLP and just getting a bit jarred off because of cuts at our expense. (btw we're going back in Nov 2010) :)

SwipatronSparks

last time i was there the food was the same as i remember (2008 was last visit) but mostly the mickey pizza seems reallllly hit and miss, sometimes it looks just like i remember and other times i find my self asking 'could you spare the cheese and tomato puree' i would be so disapointed if i got some mickey pizza like the ones i have seen on some pictures because i love the mickey pizza =] but am really pickey with how i eat pizza it needs to have plenty of cheese and little tomato puree... =/
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

dagobert

Quote from: "Samninetysix"
Quote from: "gothprincess"TBH the food is the one thing I'm not looking forward to I'm going for the first time but from everything I have read from menues and trip reports the food costs a fortune and it hit and miss at best :-( I'm really worried we'll end up paying a fortune for food we don't want to eat.

It really is hit and miss in a lot of the eateries, if you got served the same quality food for the money it costs in your home town you would refuse to pay for it. But because it's Disney, we should all behave like sheep and accept it. Don't get me wrong, my wife, daughter and I love DLP (42 times) but it doesn't give them the right to rip people off with shoddy food. I've never really questioned the service and when you factor in the small sums that DLP pay for the foodstuffs they buy it p**ses me off. We've learned to eat at certain places (and those are slowly being thinned out by DLP due to penny pinching) but as much as we love the place, how long should we put up with it or should we start eating at all the cheap & nasty food outlets? - Not trying to sound snobby - I'm not, I come from a very working class background but we as have most of you, spent thousands at DLP and just getting a bit jarred off because of cuts at our expense. (btw we're going back in Nov 2010) :)

The food served at DLRP in recent years is a shame, especially the vegeterian options. I know we are a minority, but having been to WDW and there they tried everything for us. They even created something new for us that wasn't on the menu. Although I read on other forums that at WDW the quality is also declining. Most members there blame the Disney Dining Plan. They say that the portions are too big and so much food is wasted.
In February the waiter at Walt's got angy on us, because we asked for the vegeterian options and after we asked he only spoke French with us and was very unfriendly. I was so disappointed, because it was my favorite restaurant. At least Disney appologized after we have sent an complaint.
That's also a reason why I can't wait to see DL Anaheim next year or in early 2012. In the US resorts it seems that you get more in return for your money.

We think that Agrabah Cafe and the restaurants in DV run by Groupe Flo, like Cafe Mickey, offer a better service than the restaurants in the parks.

lauramumof3

the only complaint anyone has with dlp is the food- majority anyway, but you have to just get over it.
 It wouldnt be so bad if the prices paid compared with the standards of food were the same. Thats why going to macdonalds in the village is a good idea at least you know what you are getting!
we like cafe mickey, steakhouse, plaza gardens wasnt bad at least there were vegetables instead of chips and burgers!
gonna try auberge, and lucky nugget this year.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

dagobert

Quote from: "lauramumof3"the only complaint anyone has with dlp is the food- majority anyway, but you have to just get over it.
 It wouldnt be so bad if the prices paid compared with the standards of food were the same. Thats why going to macdonalds in the village is a good idea at least you know what you are getting!
we like cafe mickey, steakhouse, plaza gardens wasnt bad at least there were vegetables instead of chips and burgers!
gonna try auberge, and lucky nugget this year.

For the money I have to pay for the food at DLRP, I really expect something better. The table service restaurants aren't bad. Most of the time the food was really great. It is the fast food that's bad at DLRP. I know many people go to McDo because it is cheaper than in the parks, but I don't like McDo. For me it is the worst food you can get and so it is no option.
I just hope that one day DLRP will rethink their food options and bring back a better quality. I would be so happy if DLRP's food would be more like WDW's food. There the quality is fine for the money you pay. At least that's my opinion and based on our visit in 2008.

Cafe Mickey and the Steakhouse were always fine for us. Maybe that's because they aren't owned by Disney.

GaryL

What's Annettes Diner like?  i've got the basic half board and I believe we can use the vouchers in there

CafeFantasia

Annette's has a great interior and okay food. I enjoy eating there, but the price you pay for the food always seems too high for the quality you get. Here's Annette's 2010 menu:

GaryL

Thanks Alan.

Doesn't look to bad.  just trying to think of where we can use the basic half board vouchers and looking at what other people have said about them.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "GaryL"Thanks Alan.

Doesn't look to bad.  just trying to think of where we can use the basic half board vouchers and looking at what other people have said about them.
You can use your vouchers in Plaza Gardens, my son loves it in there! Its a buffet so you can pick and choose ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Festival Disney

When we went to Annette's in July, the service was rather slow, the food came to us cold and my parents seemed to moan that the prices were too high... I'd read some good reviews about it on the forum and some other places. I think it's because we were there on a really busy high season day, but thats no excuse. They should have hired more staff!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Samninetysix

Quote from: "dagobert"For the money I have to pay for the food at DLRP, I really expect something better. The table service restaurants aren't bad. Most of the time the food was really great. It is the fast food that's bad at DLRP. I know many people go to McDo because it is cheaper than in the parks, but I don't like McDo. For me it is the worst food you can get and so it is no option.
I just hope that one day DLRP will rethink their food options and bring back a better quality. I would be so happy if DLRP's food would be more like WDW's food. There the quality is fine for the money you pay. At least that's my opinion and based on our visit in 2008.

Cafe Mickey and the Steakhouse were always fine for us. Maybe that's because they aren't owned by Disney.

Agree completely, I can get McD's at home and i'm not what you'd call a fan, the cheap food outlets are pretty grim at DLP and before I get shot by some users, yes I understand that the cost of going to DLP for hotels/park tickets/travel is expensive enough so many guests save costs on food by eating at the lets say "more affordable" outlets. It's mostly hard to fault the restaurants in the village but then we mostly eat at Ludwigs, Steak House, Rainforest, Cafe Mickey in the village and at the table service restaurants or Lucky Nugget in the park (with the exception of Casey's - we HAVE to eat at Casey's every day - normally get some food and wait for the parade to start :) ). What bugs me is that the buffet service food seems to have taken a nose dive in terms of quality with the exception of maybe the all you can eat offerings at Lucky Nugget and Crocketts Tavern (why do they do those ribs and wings etc so well?). The worst change in my eyes was when the Sequoia Lodge Beaver Creek Tavern went from those absolutely wonderful skewers and salad starter to the incredibly bland buffet that they have now, the skewers were a real touch of the mounties style food but as usual, cost cutting takes over and we end up with cheap inedible errrrrrr bird cage sweepings.

HildeKitten

cake @ cable care bake shop (main street usa):

mexican fries & churros @ Fuente del Oro (Frontierland):

food @ Agrabah Café (Aventureland):

Cookie from the cookie kitchen (main street usa):

breakfast @ The Hunter's Grill (Sequoia Lodge Hotel):

dagobert

Quote from: "Samninetysix"
Quote from: "dagobert"For the money I have to pay for the food at DLRP, I really expect something better. The table service restaurants aren't bad. Most of the time the food was really great. It is the fast food that's bad at DLRP. I know many people go to McDo because it is cheaper than in the parks, but I don't like McDo. For me it is the worst food you can get and so it is no option.

Agree completely, I can get McD's at home and i'm not what you'd call a fan, the cheap food outlets are pretty grim at DLP and before I get shot by some users, yes I understand that the cost of going to DLP for hotels/park tickets/travel is expensive enough so many guests save costs on food by eating at the lets say "more affordable" outlets. It's mostly hard to fault the restaurants in the village but then we mostly eat at Ludwigs, Steak House, Rainforest, Cafe Mickey in the village and at the table service restaurants or Lucky Nugget in the park (with the exception of Casey's - we HAVE to eat at Casey's every day - normally get some food and wait for the parade to start :) ). What bugs me is that the buffet service food seems to have taken a nose dive in terms of quality with the exception of maybe the all you can eat offerings at Lucky Nugget and Crocketts Tavern (why do they do those ribs and wings etc so well?). The worst change in my eyes was when the Sequoia Lodge Beaver Creek Tavern went from those absolutely wonderful skewers and salad starter to the incredibly bland buffet that they have now, the skewers were a real touch of the mounties style food but as usual, cost cutting takes over and we end up with cheap inedible errrrrrr bird cage sweepings.

We also eat a lot in the DV restaurants you have mentioned. They are all owned by Groupe Flo and in my opinion their restaurants offer a better food. They are also more flexible for special requests than Disney. It is always said that there is something like the Disney difference. At DLRP, especially in terms of food, it should be called the Groupe Flo difference.

I remember back in 2000 and 2006 the food at DLRP was really good, but unfortunately in recent years it went downhill while the prices rose. But maybe I wasn't that picky back then. After experiencing WDW I was disappointed by DLRP's food.

According to the newest D23 magazine DLRP has a really good chef. Unfortunately he is responsible for all types of food served at DLRP. Maybe it would be better if these responsibilities are split between more people. Perhaps the quality would be better again.

figaro

i cant wait to go now and take pics of food for this thread my boyfriend is going to think im mad ha!
disney fund 25/08/10 - 4nights/5days at santa fe 16th November 2010 PAID
disney spends - £0 (lol)