Maleficent (Disney 2014)

Started by Pete's Dragon, January 19, 2010, 03:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

I loved the initial "portrait" of her in her horn-get-up, but I can't say I'm too enthusiastic about these photos from on-set. The long hair and the open neck? Not very Maleficent.

Saying that, who knows; maybe this is a flashback. Or something.

Sugaroo_

I <3 Maleficent (see avatar!) I think Jolie is great for the part, she's beautiful but sinister at the same time. I hope she gets the voice right, but to be fair Eleanor Audley is a tough act to follow. "Fools, idiots, imbiciles!" Audley's voice MADE Maleficent.

It better not be something like a guy breaking her heart that made her evil, I'd be so disappointed. I'm expecting something really complex, worthy of her epic character. I also hope the movie isn't too apologetic, trying to justify her evil ways. Obviously something happened to her but I wouldn't want to leave the theater thinking "oh poor Maleficent". She's pure evil and that's why we love her! She's my fave, I hope they do her justice.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Simba 27

I am the only one that it's a bit disappointing with the colour of Maleficient's skin? In Sleeping Beauty (and in Sugarzd's avatar) is greener...

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Sugaroo_

True true...but maybe a green face will make her look too cartoonish? At least her eyes are florescent green!!!  :mrgreen:
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Thaliel

Quote from: "Sugarzd"True true...but maybe a green face will make her look too cartoonish? At least her eyes are florescent green!!!  :mrgreen:

not necessarily cartoonish, but green skin might have her look like an ork...or Hulk  :mrgreen:
<-Plz click

BigDisneyFn

Can't waite to see this us in the UK won't probably get it till August 2014 by the sounds of things oh well any way can't waite to see this ;D...

peep

Don't forget that what we see on set is not everything we'll see on the big screen, things like colour can change radically in post production. However I doubt that she'll look much greener as I can't see it working, would also be too 'Wicked' I think (I'm aware of what came first but there a lot of idiots out there that would make that connection and think Disney copied).

Still, very excited about this film.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

JelleP

From The Hollywood Reporter:
QuoteIn a related move, Disney has decided to give Angelina Jolie's Maleficent a high-profile summer release. The film -- revolving around the beloved villain from the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale -- moves from March 14, 2014 to July 2.
Source
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Ravenseye

Hmmm I love the Maleficent character (it prompted me to choose my username here), however, I cant stomach Jolie. Thats's a conundrum as of course i'd like to see the movie :|
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

BigDisneyFn

when will we see a trailer for this and SAVING MR Banks???????

BigDisneyFn

Anyone heard of a UK release date for this yet seen as it's July now and the movie is out next summer in the U.S thanks???

Simba 27

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

idylles

I don't know.  I really like Angelina Jolie and I'm so excited she has this BAMF role, but I cannot accept Elle Fanning as Aurora.  It just doesn't fit. 
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Ravenseye

My son and I saw the trailer for this last Friday (while waiting for Saving Mr Banks to start  :D ).
It said 'Coming May 2014'.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Thaliel

it's a nice thing that child aurora is played by Vivian, she's really cute
<-Plz click