Mon dixième visite 29 - 30th June 2006

Started by Patrick, July 01, 2006, 01:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Bonjour, Bonsoir, or just simple boring hello if you are reading this like me from boring England :wink: .  Well it was my 10th visit to Disneyland Resort this past Thursday and Friday, had a great time, which surprised me since I was all alone on this one.
Thursday woke up at the wonderful hour of 4am, got ready packed last minute stuff and got the train station, caught my boring train to London Kings Cross, of course had to do something so watched Treasure Planet and Beauty and the Beast on the train down there.  Then tube to Waterloo, got to waterloo oh here's where the fun starts AGAIN :evil: .  Get to check in put my ticket in I get through go to passport control get through that, put bags in scanner that goes fine for once or so I thought.  Then get shouted at to go over and see a man, so I go and then he starts asking me every flmaing question in the most awful manner you ever could.  Such as why the hell would you be going to DLRP?  Do you work there?  What's your need to go alone?  Why choose Eurostar then even had the guts to ask me had I been checked before so yeah i said last time and pointed to exactly where i was stopped and last time my contents of my bags were thrown out, much the same happened this time too ](*,) .  When I finally made it past the annoying pompous idiot I sat around for a bit and finally got a drink which I has been wanting for the past 30 minutes while I was being searched lol.  Finally boarded trhe eurostar and they give me yet again a boring seat next to some random person, of course this woman was obviously a disney newbie but I didn't say anything since she seemed a bit irritated as it was.  So I moved to the seat in front and continued to watch Beauty and the Beast and Sky High on my DVD player till I got to DLRP Marne Le Vallee / Chessy Station.  When I noticed The Princess Staircase back stage I knew we were arriving so on came the WDS FANS inspired laynard complete with disney pins me getting some rather odd looks from the couple sitting opposite me as I got excited since I was back in DLRP.  Left train got shuttle bus to the Santa Fe checked in easily enough and the woman was like so is this your first time I said no my 10th she just stood and laughed for a second and she then went on to say so are there any questions I said no and walked to my room I was in room 117 in building 14 nearer to the parks than my last room from last time but further from the Reception.  Went saw my room and I got a random room what a lovely view of the car park I had :lol: , but had double windows to open so was nice since the temperature was way too hot.  Changed into shorts and walked to the parks noticing lots and lots of painting on my way there rails were being painted and other things repaired.  Got to the Disneyland Park entered and couldn't believe my eyes the crowds were mental it was a weekday and the crowds were like that of a normal June weekend day :shock: .  Looked at the board 120 minutes for Big Thunder, 75 for Space Mountain and even 60 for Indiana Jones I was amazed.  Only small world had a queue of 5 minutes :lol: .  So went to get lunch at Colonal Hathi's which had been recommended to me to get something to eat at so did I enjoyed my pizza while I ate outdoors then off to Pirates, got into the queue it was like 50 minute wait and so decided to get out of it again and go and see Tarzan instead it was just about to start.  Really enjoyed the show and seemed like they had improved it a bit since last summer when I saw it last.  After tarzan it was off into frontierland a bit more and saw some cool streetmosphere some western band players playing outside Cowboy Cookout, after watching them for a bit walked out of the land and to main Street to get a place tio watch the WWODP, it was rather simple for once and was nice that the cast member from Phantom Manor came and moaned at the people in the front row if they even thought about standing up :D , strangely he either stayed in character as a scary creepy phantom cast member or just felt like being bored for the next 30 minutes, whereas his counterpart on the otherside of the street was starting to cheer on the crowds from Spain, why are they always from Spain?  
The WWODP bagan at 4:10pm on Main Street and strangely what a sight it is seeing donald and others on steamboat willie, but the parade was as enjoyable as ever, shame about the dancer cuts only 4 dancers in front of Sleeping Beauty :( .  Went over the studios after and went to ride RnRC which was a 35 minute wait wow that was strange to find, the pre show was not working again typical and got advised to walk straight through the coaster seemed really fun again.  Went to see Cinemagique after and was annoying having some people behind me who were shouting out the script every moment they could :evil: , still a great film to watch and the cast member before it seemed really friendly was great to see one who was like bonjour then asked me in french did i want to pin trade I then was like nah lol and laughed the other guy around laughed at him and was just fun to be able to have a bit of fun with cast members :) .  It was now nearing time for the park to close after I had a quick look around Studio 1 so went on Armageddon in the queue by 5:58pm and was rather interesting to be in the last showing, the cast member found out it was some girls birthday and got the whole crowd in the cattlepen to sing bon anniversaire.  Got into the pre show and as ever the guy was amazingly energetic lol, was like french most the room put their hands up, English 4 of us put our hands up and the french and the host shouted boo :lol: , then came the spanish and they took up as much of the room as the french had :lol: .  As we got to go into the show room was quite interesting some of the room tried to film cast member came around constantly and pointing and saying no to anyone with a camcorder.  I was strangely just enjoying the attraction, considering I had not been on it since 2003 was rather impressed again.  Came out the show with the cast member saying au revoir which was strangely starting to become a common theme in the studios.  It was not 6:15pm and the studios were empty what better time than to photo take :D .
After went back to the Disneyland Park and finally went on Byuzz, beat my previous top score, then Pirates and ran over to Phantom by some random bridge in Adventureland which felt like it was just about the break won't be taking that route again next time :wink: .  2nd to last ride on Phantom that night and the cast members at the gates seemed rather sick of their job even noticed one on her mobile phone :? .  Iniside I noticed the same guy who had been doing guest flow earlier in the day was as active again but suppose it fits in the manor :lol: .
8:10pm came and I was out of phantom manor and strangely everyone was STILL in the park it was not till 8:45pm that people started to move out of the park I so took the opportunity to walk up to Discoveryland for some empty photos and cast member came and shouted at me for 5 minutes while I took the photos, then to annoy the cast member even more took some nice photos of flowers on central plaza :lol: .  Walked down Main Street again and took someones photo for them and walked out of the ark since gave up on the idea of being the last person out there were still too many around and I was hungry.  First off to the top of village carpark to take tower photos oh how fun it is up there at sunset.  Came down and went to the village went to eat at new york style sandwiches nice as ever, then shopping where I found the Pocahontas Edition Limitee DVD i had been looking for for a whole €17 bargain :D  since they were wanting rid of it by the looks of it.  Then Disney Store where I found the stitch invasion Autopia pin finally off to santa fe after that for some sleep after all I had to be up at 6:30am to make sure I would have everything packed and eat breakfast before i go to the parks on Friday.  Day 2 coming soon. along with photos :wink: .

Anthony

Welcome back! I'll read this later, we're about to have a family gathering...  :roll:  :wink:

Just one question though: what's the title meant to say?  My tenth visit?  C'est ma dixième visite!!  :wink:

Edit: My GOD!! What is it with London Waterloo?!!  As you know paddy I was in London the past two days and every single person I talked to was SO friendly and nice, yet the people they employ there on security are always complete and utter bastards.  I'd write and complain to Eurostar if I were you, they shouldn't make someone feel singled out just because they catch the DLRP train on their own.

Patrick

Yeah I don't have a clue about french so made up the title but got compliments about my french accent on the second day from a french woman :lol: .  Also yeah I think I will email Eurostar it's the second time and I would rather not have a 3rd time in August if I visit then they are utter idiots, also questions asked were do you work :lol: , I mean really of course I work but I've just finished college lol.  Also if you feel like it you could change the title :wink: .

Dlrpfan

cool report paddy
loooks like you had a reali good time apart from eurostar lol
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Nala_84

I haven't read everything (it's a bit hard for me beside the fact it's English--you set so few commas and paragraphs  :oops:  :wink: ), but--WOW! Is it usual that the waiting times are that high in June?!? Do the French have holidays at the moment?
But anyways, I could get jealous if I only read someone's going or been to DLRP--I wanna go there, too!!!! *scream*
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Sorry I was typing it while I had a headache and was not thinking about comma's and paragraphs :wink:  :oops: .  I don't really know any german sorry but photos will be on soon lol :wink: .

Patrick

Here's the first set of photos again sorry for the amount I just love taking photos :D .

29th June 2006:

Disney Village and lake Disney

Tower of Terror

Reapinting the railings around Lake Disney

New carts in Disney Village?

Disneyland Hotel Rehab

Busy Town Square

Main Street

Adventureland

New Streetmosphere in Frontierland?

Rock N RollerCoaster

Les Parapluies De Cherbourg

Armageddon

Poster and Tower

Production Courtyard

Tower of Terror

Studio1

Art of Disney Animation

Partner Statue

Sourcerors Apprentice Hat, but for how long like this?

Mulan

Fantasia

Tarzan

Genie

Animation Courtyard

Studio1

Studio1

Earful Tower

Frontlot

Mickey Sourcerors Apprentice

Frontlot

Enchanted Broom

Walt Disney Studios Gates

Davy Jone's Treasure

Adventureland

Adventureland

Phantom Manor

Mark Twain

Phantom Manor

Closed Phantom Manor

Frontierland

Thunder Mesa

Le Chateau De La Belle Au Bois Dormont

Main Street

Kitty Hawk Bicycle Shop

Discovery Arcade

DLRP still keep the name Euro Disneyland Railroad in certain places :wink:

Discovery Arcade detail

Already nearly 8:50pm and the park is still open? :wink:

All rides closed at 20h00

An empty Discoveryland

Discoveryland Entrance

Closed Frontierland

Main Street posters

Main Street boutiques closed already

Disney Clothiers

Cool effect photo down Main Street

City Hall

Euro Disneyland RR detail and it's 9pm and still not out the park

Lovely pink on Disneyland Hotel

Fantasia Gardens

5th Anniversary statue with WDS in background

Walt Disney Studios

Tower of Terror

Earful Tower, Studio1 at sunset avec Crane :lol:

Panormagique

Cafe Mickey

Dlrpfan

wow realy cool photos
on the rock n roller coaster one did you tell everyone to move out of the way! :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Nala_84

Hehe, don't mind coz of the missing commas and paragraphs--your amazing pics are a language that everybody should understand :)

Oh, great, great, great, it's so much fun, inspiration and just jealousy to look at your photos ;) And the wheather was so fine! Did you see Lilo & Stitch's Catch the Wave Party? And why "Sourcerors Apprentice Hat, but for how long like this?"? Do they wanna remove it??  :(
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Great photos Patrick!  Maybe Sony cameras are worth the money afterall... :wink:

Quote from: "Nala_84"And why "Sourcerors Apprentice Hat, but for how long like this?"? Do they wanna remove it??  :(
There are rumours that, as part of the Animation Courtyard "placemaking" enhancements, the Hat will get some extra details such as characters flying around it.  You can learn more here: viewtopic.php?t=827  :D

Nala_84

Oh--okay, that's good news ;) I even thought, what should Art of Disney Animation be without the hat?!

Do you have more pics, Patrick?  :P
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Here's day 2 30th June 2006:

Woke up as you do at the unearthly time of 6:30am, got ready and so on blah blah and made it out my hotel room still 5 minutes late for breakfast at 7:50am :lol: .  Breakfast was steriotypical santa fe breakfast, no fruit salad, yoghurts, croissants and the like.  Afterwards went up to the area where the internet service is and to my disbelief I logged into photosmagiques and what came up when I tried to access Disneyland Park section, this is restricted due to inappropriate content :lol: .

Checked out the hotel soon after and gave in my case to the bagaggerie and was on my way to DLP where I gained an hour extra thanks to my annual pass.  This gave me time to ride Dumbo and Peter Pan's Flight, also took a walking tour of Fantasyland since I was kind of bored with no other attractions open.  Walked then into the crowd waiting at the castle and down Main Street.

Exited the DLP and went to Walt Disney Studios to see GoodMorning Walt Disney Studios, but stopped of at Studio1 to buy a DVD and even confused a Cast member into believeing I was french as we had a chat, which was really quite interesting talking to a cast member for 5 or so minutes.  Went to see GoodMorning WDS, which was fun as ever and even got photos at the end, think one of the Cine Folies gang may have noticed my WDS FANS logo i my lanyard, but could not be sure.  Off to Rock n Roller Coaster next nice 35 minute wait now that's long for the studios, the pre show was actually partially working too, so was nice.  After came Cruella De Vil with her boys, as ever funny show to watch and just wondering if anyone who knows the casting of Cruella has Cruella and one of her boys changed or was the others just on holiday or something?  About 5 minutes about cruella was lilo and stitch wow never found sitting on the ground with a bunch of kids so funny lol.  What a great show and with Miss Loulou it's even better than last year :wink: , no missayings of characters there :D .  

I walked over to Animation Courtyard to see what was open and strangely flying carpets were :? , of all rides this should not have been open it should have been in rehab, but never mind went on it anyway and took some photos of Toon Studios while annoying the people in the back of my carpet with my riding skills :lol: .  Went to see the end of Lilo and Stitch AGAIN and went for something to eat, went to Studio1 had a different motive, idea was to eat and then see Cine Folies and oh fun it was, they were great as ever and having a camcorder is fun when you see their overly mental acting.  Sound effects show it was again this time with rubbish guy banging the bag and too much neck rotation, not as good as last time though.  

Went for one last RnRc ride and again rather long queue for the studios, off back to Animation Courtyard to get a photo with Sulley since the queue was hardly 5 minutes and thanks to a kind English cast member I did get my photo :D , then it was to next to Animagique after quickly getting yet ANOTHER Fanta Citrus I seemed obsessed with that drink this trip and now was time to watch Cinema Parade.  As the building work was being done they had to try and stop the building work somehow and the guest flow had a hard time but did stop the builders some way :D , Cinema Parade was great as ever, even had goofy come and try to lick my camcorder :lol: .  Now was time to go and see another Cine Folies installment this one was the Mexican / Spanish one where the actress loses her voice and typically some woman in the audience has to help out, really greatly done and best one of the day definately :) .  It was now time to go and walk to the Frontlot see some of the characters there seeing if I could easily get a photo of Chip, Dale and Donald though seemed rather impossible to do it easily lol.  Out I walked to Disneyland Park for what was my last part in the day there.

Went to ride the happiest ride in the world, It's A Small World well had to do it since had not done it in 10 months :lol: , then off the ride and walked to a spot in Fantasyland to watch the parade at 4pm.  4pm came and so did the parade with lots more characters than before, which was cool and just wondering if baby bert is reading this was that you cinderella's coach driver that day?  Who was looking rather crazy  :lol: , but still fantastic parade again now came the challenge when it was over to run and beat the parade to town square, ran through discovery arcade did not make it but found my way across which the cast member did not like at all lol, ran between Steamboat Willie and Snow White, since I need to get back to santa fe pick up my bag and get back to the train station all within an hour not too easy a task sometimes, but seemed to be simple on this day.  Got bus back to hotel picked up bag got same bus back to train station waited around for a bit and then came my TGV to take me to Lille Europe, which was pretty simple and very comfortable why English trains can't be like that I don't know, got to Lille and waited around for 30 minutes for them to open check in went through no hassle at all and boarded the Eurostar to Londres Waterloo International, got back to London and then took the normal boring and may I say OLD thanks to technical problems with the newer GNER trains to York changed and got on a newer one and returned back here at 1:26am.

Over all a FANTASTIC trip and can not wait for my next time, my only hope is someone will be around to talk to next timer :wink: .

Patrick

OK since you asked for it here's more photos from my 2nd day :wink:

Wishes Logo back

Adventureland logo covered over :?

Peter Pan's Flight

Le Carousel De Lancelot

Snow White's Dark Ride

Cine Folies

Chip N Dale

Cruella boys and cruella

One of my favourite actors ever

Angela Lansbury

Sam and Lilly

Toon Studios from Flying Carpets

Lilo and Stitch Catch a Wave Party

Lilly driving whatever next :lol:  :P

Chip N Dale

Donald

Me and the big blue monster Sulley

Thanks for reading a viewing the photos :) .

Disneyana

Very nice photos and a great tripreport. I wish I could go on my own to DLP once too.  :wink:  And reading your report got me really excited for my trip. Thanks ! :mickey2:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Nala_84

Aaaw, somehow I've missed your second part of your pics--amazing!!! :) Don't you have even more?  :P

So colourful and just great! I wanna be there, too :)! The Sulley-Pic is cool  8)
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]