N20 9-11 January trip - Finished!

Started by never2old, January 13, 2010, 08:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

I love your shots of Agrabah Cafe, will definitely be stopping by here during my next visit!

bensmum

Thanks again for posting. I am looking forward to the next installment =D>
I think it should be as quiet when I go -two weeks tomorrow :D

kmara

thanks again for posting! your pictures of agrabah cafe make me dream of how wonderful the basar once was ...
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

dagobert

Thanks again for the great trip report and pictures. Like I've already said, I love Disneyland covered in snow and ice. The park looks really beautiful.

never2old

And here it is, the final chapter!

After a delicious lunch in the Agrabah Cafe (they might rethink their all-you-can-eat approach after my brother's visit... you would think he hadn't eaten in years!) and with fully recharged batteries, we decided to try the dark rides in Fantasyland. Great for digestion and we'd only done Peter Pan so far...

We went via Adventureland, I really couldn't get enough of it, with all the snow...

First in Fantasyland was Pinocchio, followed a few minutes later by Snow White. Pinocchio was great, Snow White was way too fast... It's maybe a way of reducing waiting times, but I really would love some more time to enjoy some of the scenes...

A few more pictures around Fantasyland

No visit to Disneyland is complete without a walk around the Castle Gallery...

We ended our visit to the Castle with a trip down to see the dragon... The bridge was closed, so we left via the dragon's cave. I really like coming out that way, you get a nice view of the Castle.

Up close and personal...

Works on the bridge

Nice views of the Adventureland entrance from here as well

We had to leave the park around 5:30 to get our train, and we wanted to do some more shopping... So we decided to stop with the rides around 4:00 to have plenty of time for shopping. Frontierland is probably my favourite land in DLP, so we headed there. After getting some fastpasses for BTM, we went for one last visit to Phantom Manor and Boot Hill.

New addition to Frontierland

After one last go in BTM (with the fastpasses, we walked straight into the trains... brilliant!!), we went back towards Main Street for the shopping. The shops were pleasantly quiet, and warm! I have to say, after that last go in BTM, we were both feeling a bit chilly!

One more, on the way...

Around Disney & Co:

Plenty of Princess and the Frog merchandise...

We finished shopping just in time to see the parade... It shows you how busy the park was, we went to see the parade just when it was arriving at we got a first row place on Main Street...

The Mary Poppins / Peter Pan float was not in, so instead Peter Pan & Co were coming down before the parade. Wendy was running away from Smee, Peter Pan was fighting Hook, and the pirates were trying to kidnap one of the CM in the red coats, the ones that make sure no one gets in the way of the parade... It was really funny!

Then it was time for the parade!

I have been chosen...

And it was time for us to go...  :(  

We went to the station, got our bags, and waited for the train... Because of the weather it was delayed by about 40 minutes, which was annoying because we could have spent that much extra time in the parks, instead of waiting in a cold station  :evil:  But never mind...

We had a wonderful, wonderful time. I don't think it could have gone any better. The parks were looking great with all the snow, we could get plenty done without any queues, and for me it was quite special to have first my parents with us for one day (particularly my dad, I never thought he would ever gp back to DLP), and then to spend some time alone with my little brother. Now that he's studying in Boston, I don't get to see him enough!!

So overall a real magical trip, and full of great memories!!

Thank you all for reading this, hope you enjoyed it!

dagobert

Great photos and trip report. I've really enjoyed reading it. Thanks again for sharing your impressions with us.

never2old

Thanks dagobert!!

toonarmylass

ohhhhhhhh sis you have so done it again. i love reading your reports, and lookin at your pictures, you capture everything so beautifuly!!!! i look at them and feel all warm and happy, probably a lot warmer than you were lol. with all the luck in the world in october i will be in one of those spectacular photos with my separated at birth sis!!!!
will think of you in 59 days tho hun!!!!

never2old

Oooh thanks sis!! I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your trip!! I'll definitely be thinking of you then....

I'll keep those fingers crossed for October!!

jeakat24

Fantastic trip report. I throughly enjoyed reading it, and your pictures were great.
Thanks for the advice too, can't wait to go now!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

kmara

great, great, great, thank you so much for sharing!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Thank you, I have thoroughly enjoyed your reports.
Made me more determined to go again soon!!
 :D
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report N2O, I've really enjoyed reading through it and seeing all of your beautiful photos. I'm glad that you all had a great trip, and I look forward to reading about your next one :wink:

never2old

Thank you all, I'm really touched by all your comments! I've probably said this before, but I really enjoy sharing my trips with you all, it's part of the magic... So many thanks to you all!!

Tuvok

Fantastic tripreport, although I do prefer when it is a bit more crowded. On the other, you can do all the rides without the long ques, which is nice too. I can also recommend Agrabah Cafe. Realy nice buffet restaurant and the price is very good.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)