N20 9-11 January trip - Finished!

Started by never2old, January 13, 2010, 08:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Love your pictures!!! Disneyland is so beautiful when covered in snow. The Manhattan restaurant looks nice. We are considering the restaurant for dinner during our next visit!

dagobert

@never2old:
I have a question concerning your lunch at Walt's. The cheesecake you have eaten, is it the dessert of the moment, because I couldn't find the cake on the menu:

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/menus/walts.html

Or did they change the menu?

never2old

Quote from: "dagobert"@never2old:
I have a question concerning your lunch at Walt's. The cheesecake you have eaten, is it the dessert of the moment, because I couldn't find the cake on the menu:

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/menus/walts.html

Or did they change the menu?

They've changed the menu... It was definitely in the normal menu (and I think I've had it before). The salmon I had, or the ravioli my brother had for the main course, neither are in the magicalkingdoms menu...

Here's part 2 for Monday

For the last 40 minutes or so of the EMH,we went to Discoveryland. We had a couple of goes in Buzz, and a couple of goes in the Space Mountain... I wish all my Monday mornings could be like that!

Here are some pictures from Discoveryland

The ducks find some water!

But there's also ice...

Miguel in the Buzz line

Well done Space Cadets!

Waiting time 5 minutes... Nice!

By then it was after 10 so we started to make our way to Frontierland - we were both looking forward to seeing it covered in snow!

On the way we saw Minnie's train

And into Frontierland:

This is very much seagull territory...

Notice all the prints in the snow...

A beautiful sight:

The Molly Brown is going nowhere...

A future album cover? He actually took off his coat and hat for the picture, to show off his shirt... Apparently it's a real cowboy shirt. Teenagers  :roll:

They had built a little bridge, I guess to be able to access BTM, since by boat it was no longer possible:

Another of my favourite pictures:

It was now about 10:30, and the line for BTM was 5 minutes. Yes, 5 minutes. So we went straight in!

One more, now with daylight:

And the ride picture!

Next part coming soon!

dagobert

Thanks for the answer n2o. Then I will try the cheesecake in February. Again great pictures.

Annet

Haha your onride-photo is very funny, you look like a mummy.
Disneyland looks amazing, all covered in snow.

never2old

Quote from: "Annet"Haha your onride-photo is very funny, you look like a mummy.
Disneyland looks amazing, all covered in snow.

Well it was very cold, you know...  :lol:

Anyway, here's the next update... Sorry it's taking so long!

It was now around 11:00 so it was time to go to the Studios again.

The seagulls were waiting for us

First stop, the information board to check out the waiting times. They were (almost) perfect:

TOT 5 minutes
RNRC 5 minutes
Crush 50 minutes

Yep, that is no typo. 50 minutes. Honestly  :roll:  Miguel was a bit disappointed, he's still to go on Crush. But there was no way we were wasting 50 minutes in a queue line... So we went straight to TOT instead...

Happy sight...

You know I never noticed this statue before??

After TOT it was time for another couple of goes on RNRC...

I don't know if we were just unlucky, or they were only using one soundtrack, but every time we went on RNRC, we had the exact same soundtrack (the one with Nine Lives). A bit annoying, but the ride was still good, of course...

You can see how busy the Studios were (well, that's because everyone was queueing for Crush of course  :roll: )

Someday, that billboard will only be a bad memory... Well, at least I hope so  [-o< Because everything else is looking good!

Miguel outside the Studios gates (almost looks like the park is deserted...)

And we headed back to Disneyland... The Studios are getting  better, and I love some of their rides, but I still prefer  to spend as much time as I can in the most magical place on earth...

When we walked in we saw the queue for the train in Main Street station was, well, almost non-existant, and since my brother had never been on the train (poor thing, so young, so many things that he still needs to do  :wink: ) we went for it.

We ended up waiting maybe 10 minutes for the train, time spent of course taking pictures...

The busy station...

Some pictures from Main Street

Just before the train came, the Mary Poppins show was starting. We saw the characters coming out:

They were singing Put On Your Sunday Clothes when we left...

Next part coming soon!

dagobert

It looks like that none of the parks was very busy. Main Street looks also deserted in your pictures. Nevertheless a great trip report again. Waiting for the rest.

dagobert

N20, may I ask you a question about Walt's. You have told me that they changed the menu. Do you know what the vegetarian option is now?

And do you know if Walt's is still open only on weekends?

Thanks a lot for your help.

never2old

Quote from: "dagobert"N20, may I ask you a question about Walt's. You have told me that they changed the menu. Do you know what the vegetarian option is now?

And do you know if Walt's is still open only on weekends?

Thanks a lot for your help.

For the main course it was ravioli, with some very nice looking veggies (that's what my brother had). For the starter it was the goat cheese I had, it was delicious.

I don't know about its opening times, I know they do close it some days during the low season, when we were there in October it was closed Monday and Tuesday (it was again open on Wednesday, not sure about Thursday and Friday)...

A brilliant report. We had been aiming to go that week but didnt make it, really wished we had now!
Thank you for sharing it. :)
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

Reiana

Wow. Such a great trip report with great pictures.

WillN

Once again, your report and the pics are great. I find the frozen waterfalls amazing... It MUST have been really cold...  :D The positive side of it: parks almost empty, which means less queues and more time for taking pictures!   :wink:
Check our Honeymoon Trip Report! March 8-12 2010.

jeakat24

Fantastic trip report, can't wait for the rest!

I hope it's that quiet when we go (I've already bought thermals for the cold!)
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

never2old

Thank you all  :D

It was definitely a great time to go. I'd definitely recommend January to everyone, if you don't mind the cold, it was really quiet! And the snow and ice, well, they were a bonus  :)  Last year I also went in January (a bit later, I think it was the last weekend in January, so I guess the same as you jeakat24  :) ), we didn't have any snow but no crowds either. It really makes a difference when you can get so many rides done without too much queuing!

Anyway, here's another chapter... Don't worry, the end is near  :wink:

We took the train from Main Street, and went all the way around to Discoveryland. Everything looked really beautiful with all the snow, and if it hadn't been rather cold, I would have been tempted to go around twice  :roll:  

The Christmas snowmen were still out in Frontierland... Can you tell the fake snow from the real one?

Belle's village was coming down...

We got down on Discoveryland and walked back to Fantasyland and IASW. I love that ride, and the Christmas layout is still full of little new things I haven't discovered yet... I could have done it quite a few more times, but my brother, although he was happy to do it again, wouldn't have been too pleased about doing it more than once per day  :roll:

We then decided to give Pirates another go before lunch, so we crossed Fantasyland towards Adventureland, taking of course plenty of pictures on the way...

I waited and waited for at least one of them to turn around, and nothing  :roll:

The Sleeping Beauty little show was going on, hence the little crowd by the Castle.

And into Adventureland!

In the POTC queue line (not that there was any queuing, of course... we walked straight into the boat  :D )

The birds around Skull Rock

And you can hardly tell the difference, but when I took this picture, there was a (very little bit) of sunshine, and some blue skies were just visible between the grey clouds! And no, it did not last...

Prints in the snow...

And it was finally time to eat! We had booked Agrabah Cafe (one of my favourite restaurants, and Miguel's top restaurant in the parks, I think).

The food was delicious, plus with the cut in VAT the price was down (I think it was about 18 euro per person, instead of a little over 20 as it was last time). And the restaurant is beautiful! I saw it in every trip report (because I eat here everytime  :roll: ), everyone should try this place! Plus it always seems to be fairly quiet, it really makes for a pleasant break!

Next (and last part) coming soon!

pink_danio

wow what a brilliant report!! Loving all the photos too.
Is it a long walk from one side (we say over near potc) over to the other side (near buzz) im trying to work out how far things are away from each other but its hard to judge haha.

I love the look of the parks in snmow, really christmassy.