The Castle's stairways

Started by Aladar, November 22, 2009, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aladar

Hello everyone!!

I'm new to this forum, although I've been following you for years.

I think this is the best DLP website!!!!

I would like to know something that has been torturing my mind for the past few months:

I have some Disney related blogs too, and I want to write an article about Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Paris, but there's one detail i've been trying to learn about:

I once heard that originally guests could climb up to the top of the main tower through a spiral stairway that was closed to the public just a few weeks after the opening. In fact, when I visited the castle i saw a small entrace to a stairway with a sign that indicated that it was forbidden to enter. I don't know if that was the legendary stairway to the top of the castle or if it only was a door to a backstage office. Do you know anything about this?

Timbo

Hi , I went just after the park opened and, to be honest, don't remember this ,but that means it didn't exist !! Some changes over the years have been the opening of the balcony overlooking Fantasyland ;and the stairs from the shop down to the dragon were widened to make them more accessable.Before they were very narrow , quite difficult to use and a little bit dangerous !! But had the feel you were creeping down a hidden corner of the castle into  the dungeon !!

Magic M

There must be a way up there because I have seen Tinkerbell waving her wand from a balcony at the top of the tower during the Candlebration.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

There definitely is a way up, question remains if it was ever open to the public. I don't think so, considering that even the lower castle balcony wasn't accessible at the beginning. Also the stairway up there must be very, very narrow and I don't think the balcony up there is safe enough for the general public.

I would do anything to get up there once, though.

Riebi

Isn´t there just a not very nice unthemed ladder/stairway inside the castle tower? Really tight and not for the use of guests?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Riebi"Isn´t there just a not very nice unthemed ladder/stairway inside the castle tower? Really tight and not for the use of guests?

That's more or less exactly what we are asking us. Is your info with the unthemed ladder/staircase only what you think there probably is or is it a fact? How would you know what is inside that tower??  :D

Riebi

I read once somewhere that the tower is inside really bare and has just something like a ladder to get mickey minnie or someone else on the highest balcony. But I don´t find it anymore.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

TimmyTimmyTimmy

I guess this is not it. It´s the only staircase I could find... it was filmed on the castle in an area where visitors are not welcome

Video removed by admin: backstage media is not allowed here.

paul

If it's the one in the youtube link in your signature, that could be a video of literally anywhere!

TimmyTimmyTimmy

but it is not anywhere. it is inside the castle.

Anthony

Just to state the obvious - we're not a forum that goes into an off-limits area, however dull. By going there you could get in a lot of trouble. By posting a video here, you could get us in a lot of trouble. So no thanks.

Continue speculation... :wink:

TimmyTimmyTimmy

not only dull, very dull and in need of paint.  
well bye bye video haha:)

Aladar

I guess it's too late for me now to see the video. Anyway, thank you everyone for trying to answer my question.