Disney Blu-Ray and DVD - New & Upcoming Home Releases

Started by Anthony, October 30, 2009, 05:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Thought we could have a sister topic to the cinema release schedule but for home DVD/Blu-Ray releases. The dates here are the UK release date. If those don't apply to you and you'd like to create and keep up-to-date your own list in a reply, go ahead!

Dates no longer updated - please use this as a general topic for all upcoming Disney DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs!

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    Blu-Ray & DVD
    2nd / 9th November 2009

Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (Do we care about these?)
    Blu-Ray & DVD
    16th November 2009

G-Force
    Blu-Ray & DVD
    30th November 2009

Up
    Blu-Ray & DVD
    February 2010

Dumbo
    Blu-Ray & DVD
    March 2010

The Princess and the Frog
    Blu-Ray & DVD
    June 2010

Beauty and the Beast
    Blu-Ray & DVD
    Autumn 2010

Fantasia & Fantasia 2000
    Blu-Ray & DVD
    2011 (?)[/list]

Yes apparently Beauty and the Beast is Autumn 2010 now, not Spring as reported elsewhere. Dumbo is taking that spot instead, even though it's not long since it was re-released over here.

Masamune

:( I thought Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 was supposed to be coming out in 2010? *Is gutted now*

Anthony

Well, me too. The original schedule was Beauty and the Best in March 2010 and Fantasia in Autumn 2010, but the UK Snow White blu-ray very clearly states B&tB for Autumn 2010...

I suppose it makes sense, Beauty and the Beast isn't much of a "Spring" film and Fantasia possibly isn't strong enough (commercially) to take the more prestigious Autumn slot.

We'll have to wait and see if the schedule has changed for the US too, or if the UK is for some reason going to become one release behind.

Aveen2008

am I the only one who really doesn't get fantasia?!

I know it went down as a masterpiece of sorts but i found a video of it and started to watch it and I just had to turn it off after about 20-30 mins!! It's not really a film with a storyline, it's music to images and not even interesting images... I hate to insult a disney production and this is just my opinion but I feel I am missing out on something that I am just not getting??? :?
    Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

No I your not alone lol I dont get fantastia as a film but I get it as trying to put images to music as that is hard I would say.

The thing I dont get is why disney need to build on second rate boring characters for example tinkerbell or go back to classic disney films and make a number 2 of it as I think thats goes to far imo I mean Ive never watched lion king 2 or fox and the hound 2 and I never will lol

And Im not even going to get started on the likes of hannah montana or high scholl musical or any live action disney film as that for me KILLS disney as its not what disney should be in my opinion..

Me and lindsay where dissing Hannah Montana and High scholl musical at the last pin meet was quite amusing XD

Aveen2008

The lion king two is actually pretty good although nothing can take away from the legend of the first one!!

I don't really like sequels either tho and sometimes it goes beyond a joke with number 3 of a film coming out! :roll:

but yay Snow white is out tomorrow (Monday) i think! :D/
    Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

agreed it does go to far especially when Im looking for Jungle Book and all Im finding is Jungle Book 2...grrrr

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Stitch2814""any live action disney film as that for me KILLS disney as its not what disney should be in my opinion.."

You are joking, right?

I mean, Davy Crockett, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, Treasure Island, Kidnapped etc. are all huge Disney classics and big part of the popularity as well. Disney is not just about toons or kids stuff. It only was for the first 20 years of the company, but for 20 years more of Walt's life, he took it far beyond that. Then when you add such things like Tron and Pirates of the Caribbean, life gets much more interesting.

And for the record, I think Fantasia is a masterpiece and is clearly in my top 10 of all time films. It is a piece of art.
    since 2001 (many before that)

Stitch2814

It may be because Im only 22 and that Ive not seen some earlier live action diseney, ok I forgot disney made pirates of the carribean so theres a one off but I have no interest in the few ones you mentioned as they just sound boring and for older people (no offence)

And the live action films I was referring to cause I sense I might of offended you lol are the films like G-force, the ones where they make dogs talk with human movements of there mouths, high school musical etc etc as that to me is NOT disney!

Disney's best live action film where it uses animals and they pull it of perfectly is Homeward Bound as the voices overs are perfect not like what they do nowadays and make the animals talk like humans.

Masamune

:P Fantasia is my second fave Disney film ever, but then, I am a massive fan of Disney animation and classical music. :D Fantasia is a beautiful marriage of the two.

Stitch2814

As I posted in the world of disney section (wrong part I know) UP is released on 15th Febuary 2010 and if you pre-order it from HMV you either get a Dug or a Carl Fredrickson phone dangle  :D/  random selection though and Id hope for Dug but if im really honest I wish there was a Kevin one  :mrgreen:

Pete's Dragon

Doing a bit of hunting on the net, so I thouht I'd update this. Not necessarily 100% accurate, but it's worth hoping they're right.

Tim's Alice In Wonderland - 04/June/2010
    *The Princess & The Frog - 21/June/2010
    A Bugs Life - August/2010
    Beauty & The Beast  Diamond Edition - September/2010
    A Christmas Carol - September/2010
    Tinker Bell & The Great Fairy Rescue - November/2010
    Fantasia Diamond Edition - December/2010
    Fantasia 2000 Diamond Edition - December/2010
    Toy Story 3 - December/2010
    Bambi  Diamond Edition - TBA/2011
    The Lion King  Diamond Edition - TBA/2011
    Tinker Bell: A Winter Story  TBA/2011
    Lady & The Tramp Diamond Edition - TBA/2012
    Cinderella - Diamond Edition - TBA/2012
    Tinker Bell: A Race Through The Seasons - TBA/2012
    Peter Pan  Diamond Edition - TBA/2013
    The Little Mermaid  Diamond Edition - TBA/2013
    101 Dalmations  Diamond Edition - TBA/2014
    The Jungle Book - Diamond Edition - TBA/2014
    Sleeping Beauty - Diamond Edition - TBA/2015
    Pinocchio | Diamond Edition | TBA/2015

Rumours for BluRay releases:
    Tron (2010)
    Alice In Wonderland (2011)
    Aladdin (2011)
    Tarzan (2011)
    Finding Nemo (2011)
    The Incredibles (2011)
    Lilo & Stitch (2012)

My first though from this list is 'I take it Tinkerbell movies are popular'.
    The second is ' I cant wait till 2011 so I can sing along to Lion King in HD'

Again, I take no responisbility in getting your hopes up only to find out the release dates are worng/have changed !

never2old

Amazon have Beauty and the Beast Diamond edition (in bluray at least!!!) available for pre-order, release date 1 November!

disneyrules

I am really excited for the beauty and the beast diamond edition and the fantasia/fantasia 2000 edition.
    Does anybody know why aladdin is not being released on diamond edition when it was released on platinum.
    I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
    [/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Masamune

@_@ Hmm. According to Play.com and HMV.com, Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are coming out on November 8th! That's a week after Beauty and the Beast! Lol, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. My poor purse is going to be hit hard!

Fantasia is available on its own, but Fantasia 2000 only seems to be available in the double pack.