Official Topic: Disney Store UK

Started by Aveen2008, October 20, 2009, 03:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking about an issue regarding the Disney store Uk and I wasn't sure where to post it so I thought it might be a good idea if we have a Thread dedicated to the Disney Stores uk, as we have threads for the pins, traditions, general merchandise and wdcc but none for general Disney store chat.

In this topic I thought we could talk about any issues, experiences, merchandise, cast members etc Anything you want really regarding the Disney store and that way we can use the other topic 'Disney store uk pin trading' just for pin trading talk lol.

:D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

The issue I wanted to talk about was about the removal of the snowglobes and other ornaments from the shops. I have spoken to Cast members in my local store who say the reason for this (or at least the snowglobes) was because the items were getting broken in the delivery process.

I read a girls comment today who said that she bought quite a few of the large snowglobes but feels now that she doesn't want to because she would like to see the snowglobe face to face before 'forking out' £75 or over for it! I think that is totally true!

Does anyone agree?? :?:

All the collectable items that have been removed from the store I can only image are not selling as well because so many people who would randomly walk into the store are not going to think of going online, or at least not going to go online to look for an item that they didn't already see in the store! :roll:  The fact is that there's not even a sign or anything which tells people that even more items are available to buy online!

I really think they should have a cabnet or shelves with one display of each of the snowglobes on it and other items that are only available online which says beside them - these items are available for purchase online only at http://www.disneystore.co.uk! That way people can see the items, know they exisit and know where to look if they want to buy them...plus... they can see them in real life to make up their minds about buying them!!

What do you think?? :?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:( I think it's a shame too. Mainly because sometimes the globes would go in the sale, and that's when I would buy them! I don't think I'd order one of the globes off the website, even if they were in the sale too.

Aveen2008

There's 2 globes online that i love at the moment but I definately don't think I would fork out £75 or £100 without seeing it. Plus if they were arriving at the Disney stores broken, whos to say they wouldn't arrive at my front door the same way! :roll:

I really think the globes are a bit too expensive at times. Like in DLRP they are cheaper but because I fly over they are too heavy for taking home again...gurr :x  :P

Whoever is running the Disney Stores uk needs to be told how to do it properly 0 I think removing collectables completely is a bad idea, I think the overload of baby stuff is a bad idea, I think the releasing of too many core tinkerbell pins was a bag idea......ok the list could go on lol! :roll:  :P  really they just need some good ideas hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

It's not too bad right now, but there has been a severe lack of adult Disney clothes ever since all the stores got changed/rebranded. The removal of lots of adult stuff in favor of baby stuff has never sat well with me. :P But then, maybe I'm being biased towards adult stuff because...I'm an adult. :lol:

Aveen2008

I am all in favour of there being some baby stuff but not if adult stuff has to be removed! I think half and half is fine hehe!

Well I have a big qualm with the adult clothes all being tiny in size! :roll: I have to hand it to the American stores for offering better sized clothes as not all adults are small and slim and even there larger sizes 16 or 18 are really small. I always thought it even when I was really slim that it wasn't really fair.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Belle's World

I had noticed the snowglobe/figure collection getting smaller in store but didn't realise they were stopping them altogether. I love the snowglobes and have 3 of the massive £75-£100. I also have a large collection of smaller ones and they are my favourite thing in my collection. Gutted they will not be doingthem anymore, i much prefer to buy in person so not sure i will get them if they are only available on the internet.
Ro

Masamune

They still seem to sell the smaller ones in store, just not the larger ones. :o Like I said, it's a real shame.

Eager_Eyes

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I am all in favour of there being some baby stuff but not if adult stuff has to be removed! I think half and half is fine hehe!

Well I have a big qualm with the adult clothes all being tiny in size! :roll: I have to hand it to the American stores for offering better sized clothes as not all adults are small and slim and even there larger sizes 16 or 18 are really small. I always thought it even when I was really slim that it wasn't really fair.

I am definately with you about that point the number of things that I would buy if only the sizes weren't for dolls.  Speaking of which I have a friend who is slim as anything, and even she struggles to fit into their sizes.  

Speaking of the adult clothing I'm glad to see the return of the socks and sleepware.  But why so much of just one thing?  I mean there are about if memory serves right of 3/4 designs of Pooh, tigger and minnie and none of the other characters.  For example if they had Nightmare ones to match the pj's I'd have bought them straight away!!!

The whole store just needs a little bit of a spruce in the way that they think.  Its all very well and good spending large sums of money on updating the store fronts and shop space. But if they don't do something about the merchandise they're putting into all that pretty new floor space then I doubt that it will make a continous difference long term.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"I am all in favour of there being some baby stuff but not if adult stuff has to be removed! I think half and half is fine hehe!

I am definately with you about that point the number of things that I would buy if only the sizes weren't for dolls.  Speaking of which I have a friend who is slim as anything, and even she struggles to fit into their sizes.  

Speaking of the adult clothing I'm glad to see the return of the socks and sleepware.  But why so much of just one thing?  I mean there are about if memory serves right of 3/4 designs of Pooh, tigger and minnie and none of the other characters.  For example if they had Nightmare ones to match the pj's I'd have bought them straight away!!!

The whole store just needs a little bit of a spruce in the way that they think.  Its all very well and good spending large sums of money on updating the store fronts and shop space. But if they don't do something about the merchandise they're putting into all that pretty new floor space then I doubt that it will make a continous difference long term.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I wish they did some sort of servey on things to their customers before making changes for the worst!

As masamune says they still sell the small snowglobes but I find in my local stores they don't even have that many of them either :(

I have to say the one reason I am not a big fan of winnie the pooh and co is because he is overused... obviously he is popular but it would be great to see more variety!

It's as if they don't actually want to see stuff by making it only avaliable online! :roll:

Has anyone else noticed the small beanies even went up in price.. I think they used to be £6 and are now £6.50 with some being actually dearer!! :shock:  Like for a beanie!

Its as if they don't know or care what the fans/customers want from the store! :(
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

I was in the Disney store today, it was my birthday and of course its the first shop I am going to go to!

I have to say I just find the shop more and more disappointing and I buy very little in it anymore! :(  There is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr too many baby clothes and toys...not even childrens but babys stuff and a few adult clothes and then princess dresses etc!

No collectables worth mentioning unless you count one or two christmas things and then plain plushes you have seen for a few years in there! :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  I just feel really disappointed in it!

I did managed to get the starter set for pin trading, a dopey magnet, mum bought a small torch and I got 2 grape soda pins but like really there is nothing much appeals to me in it anymore and its really sad:(
Luv Aveen xoxo

Eager_Eyes

Aveen - Happy Bday!!! Oh and I did notice the increase in the price in the beanies I just think that its not going well for them financially perphaps and that is why. But seriously although they're cute and the level of detail is high you're not going to be getting a lot of people willing to pay those prices.  I used to collect them in a big way and would love the halloween themed ones.  But as I work around the corner from a store, I'm going to be paitent and go in on the 1st of Nov and hope that they've been reduced.

I've got nearly every halloween themed beanine that they've done for the last 10 years.  Halloween themed plushies is a bit of a collectable theme with me, I'm really disapointed that there is no Mickey this year.  I'd love to see another vampire Mickey the one from a few years ago is just amazing.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"Aveen - Happy Bday!!! Oh and I did notice the increase in the price in the beanies I just think that its not going well for them financially perphaps and that is why. But seriously although they're cute and the level of detail is high you're not going to be getting a lot of people willing to pay those prices.  I used to collect them in a big way and would love the halloween themed ones.  But as I work around the corner from a store, I'm going to be paitent and go in on the 1st of Nov and hope that they've been reduced.

I've got nearly every halloween themed beanine that they've done for the last 10 years.  Halloween themed plushies is a bit of a collectable theme with me, I'm really disapointed that there is no Mickey this year.  I'd love to see another vampire Mickey the one from a few years ago is just amazing.

Aww thank you! :D

£6.50 is pretty dear for it I think £5 is enough considering its not that much more for decent sized one!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

Nothing wrong with Disney store as I can see at the moment.

My only dislike for disney stores is there is only ONE store in the whole of Ireland..and it seems strange there is only 1 for the whole country.

I dont live there as I live in manchester but with my other half living in southern Ireland and not northern Ireland it is just a bit depressing that the nearest and only store from where he lives is probably 8-10 hours away and thats just one way :(

The store is in Belfast but there isnt one in Dublin which is a big shame I think.

Aveen2008

I was looking at the US disney store website last night.

Does anyone else ever look at it and feel so sad and jealous because they have so much great merchandise that we dont have??
Luv Aveen xoxo