DON´T READ THIS TRIP REPORT....

Started by MagicStar, October 18, 2009, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ightenhill

Fireworks are just exploding bits of colourful Gunpowder.. Anyone can buy the best of the best, the art is choreographing them to emotional , touching music.. Lets hope they can rediscover this back..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

ed-uk

I for one loved the Enchanted fireworks. I thought the music was touching and emotional. I liked much better than Wishes at DLP.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "ightenhill"Fireworks are just exploding bits of colourful Gunpowder.. Anyone can buy the best of the best, the art is choreographing them to emotional , touching music.. Lets hope they can rediscover this back..

But they do at Legoland. This year the theme was Indiana Jones, and the fireworks told a story, set to the suite of music from the 4 movies in perfect syncronization.

As for the food at Legoland, it is not as good as when it opened (I worked there that year  :D ). However, the new Italian is very good, the ribs place has always been good, and the Rotisserie chicken place is good too. Not as good at the table service offerings in DLP, but perhaps some of the best in the UK for parks.

The chocolate covered waffles are to die for, and the multi flavoured pick and mix popcorn is great too.

As for Chessington and food, not great, but the Mexican place is passable. The restaurant at the Holiday Inn is very good however.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

I find the fireworks at DLP depressing. So small and lack lustre (I used to love Fantasy in the Sky and the Christmas version). Having grown up at the original DIsneyland and gone to WDW on a few occassions, this is why I love the Legoland version. They do rival the US. Enchanted, and even worse, Wishes, do not.

ed-uk

Last year the fireworks at Legoland were set to Star Wars music. It was good. But no bigger than Thorpe Park. Still I don't think Legoland comes anywhere near to Disneyland. I mean it's not just the Enchanted fireworks over the castle in the summer. It's Fantillusion too. It's the whole atmosphere in the evening. Legoland hasn't got any of that. And 5 months of the year it's closed anyway. And the maintenance is no better, rides breakdown there too.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

True, but for the cost of going and the travel involved. It is a great alternative. But it should not be.

Disneyland in Calfornia is still awesome, and improving all the time. Same in Tokyo. I want the Disney standard for our resort. They built the most amazing resort in 1992, and it has been a real bumpy ride ever since.

MagicStar

Quote from: "ed-uk"I'm amazed if Dave really thinks Legoland and Chessington have better Halloween themeing than Disneyland Paris. Anyway the themeing at Disneyland is far superior overall than Legoland or Chessington.

Unfortunately, I don´t know these parks. But here in Germany, Europa-Park makes a great job, and if you compare the pics... Whats now the reason to celebrate Halloween at DLP, when you have non-Disney park that makes the same good job!

Quote from: "ed-uk"Yes, Disneyland should be in another league. And it still is.

Yes - it should.  But it´s on the way to loose it! While all the other parks I know are getting better and better, Disneyland rests on his laurels.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Annet

Here in Holland we don't celebrate Halloween that much. You do have Halloween fright nights at Walibi World, but they're way too scary for me :lol: I prefer the Disney way.

ed-uk

I can't say I'm impressed by the Halloween decorations at Europa Park. If Disneyland Paris came up with a gaint pumpkin head like that and stuck it infront of the castle, people would complain. It looks ugly to me. A row of pumpkins hanging from a tree in another picture, what's so special about that. Nicely taken pictures though. But competition in the theme park business is good. Disneyland Paris is two theme parks, not just one. And yes a day at Legoland Windsor works out a hell of a lot cheaper than a weekend at DLP. It would do really. So you take your choice. And yes DLP has had a very bumpy ride since it opened in 1992, I agree.
Ed & David

MagicStar

Quote from: "ed-uk"I can't say I'm impressed by the Halloween decorations at Europa Park.

Hmmm - why doesn´t this wonder me?  :roll:

ed-uk

I don't know why this doesn't  wonder you? But I'm A DLP fan, I'm not really interested in Europa-Park. I'm not a Europa- Park fan. I'm a Disney Fan, which includes Disney films. That's why I post on this forum. Obviously other parks can come up with pumpkin decorations at Halloween. It is traditional.
Ed & David

Rorschach

Quote from: "ed-uk"I can't say I'm impressed by the Halloween decorations at Europa Park. If Disneyland Paris came up with a gaint pumpkin head like that and stuck it infront of the castle, people would complain. It looks ugly to me.
I agree 100% with you on that, this giant pumpkin-balloon looks awful.
Makes me wanna go there with a giant needle...

Tuvok

I think decorations are a matter of taste. Either you like them, or you don't like them. I've never been to the non-Disney parks discussed here, so I can't give my opinion on that. Judging only from the pictures provided, those decorations in Europa Park look cheap, especially that giant pumpkin which is even less appealing then having no docerations at all.
Yes, other parks can have better firework shows, but it's the combination of entertainment and atmosphere that gets Disneyland always on the first place. The whole environment with music, magic, light effects, projector images, the beautiful castle and the fireworks add up to being the best nighttime show in Europe. Even if the fireworks on its own is less impressing than other parks. It's that magic Disney touch.

There is no other theme park that gets me so exctited when I enter it's gates. It's a feeling of joy, excitement and happyness when I enter our magic kingdom. It was, it still is, and it always will be.

I'll say it again: Yes, the entertainment this year is less then the ones provided last year and yes, that's a shame, BUT it's understandable in the current financial climate. Keeping a complete resort with two theme parks, an entertainment disctrict and 7 hotels up and running cost a lot of money. Comparing small parks with the Disneyland Resort, where you at least need 3 full days to see all the entertainment and rides on offering, is desperately trying to find something negative to tell about Disney.

Maybe I'm a fan who forgives Disney there cuts on entertainment and maintenance more then most of you guys, maybe I am a fan who thinks 'Disney can (most of the time) only do good', but the same on the negative side can be said about some of you by only focussing on the bad things.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

ed-uk

Well said Tuvok. Of course I agree with you. I don't think I can add much to your comments. Or put it better. Disneyland Paris is a beautiful place. Magical. I'm very happy we have a Disney theme park in Europe. Disneyland Paris always in the first place.
Ed & David

MagicStar

Quote from: "ed-uk"I'm A DLP fan...

Me, too. I personally see a problem if anyone sees things through rose-coloured glasses.
That doesn´t make things better. The Fans have the overlook of things that change, get better or get worse. And it should be their task to call attention on these things.
Ok - maybe you haven´t visited the resort in the early years. That could explain, why you don´t know how great the resort CAN be!