Nicolai's Trip Report (October 11th-13th) 2009 *Trip Video*

Started by DLP-Photos.com, October 15, 2009, 10:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Hi

Now I will begin my trip report which will tell the story of my trip with my mom from october the 10th - october the 14th with three days in the parks.

I will start with a little pre-report, then I will make 3-4 big installments from the three days in the park before ending the story with my trip video in a couple of weeks. The main report I will expect to finish during the weekend with the first day post coming tomorrow.

Pre Report
19 hours in a bus + 2 meters tall = bad combination? Not in first row!

We were leaving Aalborg on 2 pm saturday the 10th of october, so we started packing on friday night in order to be able to relax on saturday morning without the packing stress. Everything was nicely packed, all batteries were fully loaded and we went to bed all ready for three days of Disney magic beginning on sunday morning :)

I began saturday morning by watching the DVD I made after our trip last autumn with my sister and it put me in the right mood instantly - I was already for the magic to come. After having finished lunch my mum and I jumped in to the taxi and off to the freeway where the bus would pick us up. I had grown even more since last year being more than 2 meter tall now, so I had had my fears about the 19 hour bus drive which included the night.

Last year we had the back seat (5 seats for three persons) which was great regarding our shopping possibilities but it was a bit cramped for my long legs. When handing over our luggage to the driver we was told that the people on the 5 day trip (us) had to stay in this bus and the people on the 7 day Paris/Disney combi bus had to chance busses in the middle of Jutland - YES, great start as it is always nice to stay in the bus. The good news kept coming: my mom and I was placed in the front row on the upper deck of the double decker bus.

This meant that we had almost no place for shopping ( :cry: ), but on the other hand there was no people in front of us and the stairs were behind us, so we didn't have to think about other people when we wanted the position of the chairs. After homemade pizza for dinner, a couple of movies on the bus(no great selection: some weird Garfield animation and Beethoven), some PSP and a single drawing we were ready to sleep and although i woke up every 30 minutes (mainly because I kept banging my head against the window  :lol: ) I had a pretty good sleep.

The quick Donald sketch I made on the bus - not the easiest circumstances under which to draw

When we woke up in the morning we were just 65 km outside Paris, so after some nice cheap french breakfast (croissants and pain au chocolaits) we were ready for the final drive to the hotels. A long the route under Charles de Gaulle and through the outer parts of Paris/Marne la Vallee we kept seing the old 1992 Disneyland Park signs which didn't seem to have been colored since back in 1992 (not very nice)!

The old 1992 Disneyland Park signs - very off-color! (Photo taken with Sony Ericsson K660i)

The view from the front row was great - especially in Hamburg, the Ruhr District and Charles de Gaulle

Now we could see the Hotel Disneyland, Tower of Terror, Big Thunder Mountain, Hotel Newport Bay Club and of Course Sleeping Beauty's Castle - the magic was here! :D  :D/

To be continued...

Here are some of the photos - just so you have something to see what is to come after this rather boring beginning ;) The best pictures are still to come though (I took 1490 and after going through them I am now down to 1202 :P)

/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

loladelorean

Hey Nicolai,
Good start to your trip report, I can't wait to read the rest!
Your pictures are great, I especially like the one of Remy. You are a much better photographer than I am.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "loladelorean"Hey Nicolai,
Good start to your trip report, I can't wait to read the rest!
Your pictures are great, I especially like the one of Remy. You are a much better photographer than I am.

Thank you very much...

The main report will be much bigger and filled with photos - I'm going to start writing on it tomorrow after work, so hopefully day 1 will be uploaded before midnight tomorrow :)

I don't know why you don't seem to like your photos that much - they are really great as I have said multiple times in your report.
/Nicolai

Javey74

Well what a snippit in the form of a Pre-Report..  :wink:  Great thinking Nicolai..  :D

I enjoyed reading that. I even got to see my Disney idol before your Main Report has even started..  :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the next main instalment..  :wink:  :D

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Javey74"Well what a snippit in the form of a Pre-Report..  :wink:  Great thinking Nicolai..  :D

I enjoyed reading that. I even got to see my Disney idol before your Main Report has even started..  :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the next main instalment..  :wink:  :D

I thought you would like that sketch Mr. Javey Sir ;) I actually had my thoughts on you choosing between drawing a sketch of Donald or Goofy :)
/Nicolai

Javey74

Ha haaa, I'm pleased you chose the one you did then, not that I've got anything against Goofy mind..  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

Yay can't wait to read your full report and see more great photos!! :D/  :D/

I don't know how you stick 19 hours on a bus :shock: . My first trip to DLP I did with a coach trip which involved many hours on buses and boats...in total about 30 hours traveling and that was just one way! I would never do it again! lol :P  :P  :P Not when a plane gets me from ireland to france in about 1 hr 15 mins and then a 40 minute trip by bus and i'm there! =D> Fair play to you (which is the irish way of saying your great for being able to do it! hehe) =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

Annet

1490 photo's????!!!! And people call me crazy, I usually take about 600/700 photos :lol:
Great start, it's already getting me in the mood for my upcoming trip.
Looking forward to the rest of it!

never2old

We were there at the same time!! And I didn't see you!!  :(

Looking forward to your full report and more of those great pictures!! (I've only just finished transferring all the pics to the computer, we only took 1300  :roll: , so mine may be a while)!.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I don't know how you stick 19 hours on a bus :shock: . My first trip to DLP I did with a coach trip which involved many hours on buses and boats...in total about 30 hours traveling and that was just one way! I would never do it again! lol :P  :P  :P Not when a plane gets me from ireland to france in about 1 hr 15 mins and then a 40 minute trip by bus and i'm there! =D> Fair play to you (which is the irish way of saying your great for being able to do it! hehe) =D>

I kind of have to stick these hours on the bus due to my fear of flying - but because of this long bus trips have grown on me. I almost always travel by bus no matter if I'm going to Paris, Berlin, Italy or even London once.

A friend and I are planning to visit DLP next year and we are currently researching the possibility of going by train in stead, but don't know whether that is easier or not :)

Quote from: "Annet"1490 photo's????!!!! And people call me crazy, I usually take about 600/700 photos :lol:
Great start, it's already getting me in the mood for my upcoming trip.
Looking forward to the rest of it!

Yeah I went a bit crazy with the camera - to comparison my mum took 170 photos during the 3 day stay :P I sure hope my report will put you in the right mood for your trip. I loved the reports that did this to me before my trip :)

Quote from: "never2old"We were there at the same time!! And I didn't see you!!  :(

Looking forward to your full report and more of those great pictures!! (I've only just finished transferring all the pics to the computer, we only took 1300  :roll: , so mine may be a while)!.

On monday morning before leaving for studios I actually saw someone who looked a bit like you by the information board on Central Plaza - can this have been you? I wasn't too sure so didn't want to go up and say hi.

I transfered the photos during my trip, so I didn't have that much importing to do when I came back. However to sort, edit and keywording 1490 photos in Aperture is not a quick thing to do, so I know how you feel :)
/Nicolai

never2old

Quote from: "forza_united"
Quote from: "never2old"We were there at the same time!! And I didn't see you!!  :(

On monday morning before leaving for studios I actually saw someone who looked a bit like you by the information board on Central Plaza - can this have been you? I wasn't too sure so didn't want to go up and say hi.

YES! That was me! Around 10:00? We were waiting for some people in our group, who were leaving later and had to check out from the hotel. Then we went all to the Studios...

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "forza_united"

YES! That was me! Around 10:00? We were waiting for some people in our group, who were leaving later and had to check out from the hotel. Then we went all to the Studios...

Yes - it would have been just before 10:00, as this was the time we were leaving for the studios as well. Then I should have said hi :)
/Nicolai

kiki_304

Great report so far, looking forward to the rest.

Love the Donald Duck pic too. :D

Clarebelle

Fatastic photo of the Evil Queen. cant wait to see more
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Epcot_Boy

An interesting lead into the main course :)  That was some bus trip, I get etchy after 2 and a bit hours on eurostar :lol:

And I loved this....

looking forward to the other 1000+ photos :lol:  :lol:

David