Let's expand Toon Studio!

Started by Anthony, October 09, 2009, 10:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I did this ages ago, but Alan was coming up with ideas for the costuming building in another topic so I thought I may as well update it a bit and post:

(Click for a bigger version)

Basically, amongst a load of other stuff, the Art of Disney Animation exhibits and something like Walt Disney - One Man's Dream at DHS move to Costuming, now re-dressed to look like a mixture of Disney and Pixar's studios, in a free-roaming set-up more like DCA's Animation exhibit. The feeling is that you're actually wandering around the animation studios at your leisure. There are two restaurants and a shop, which also leads out the back to TSPL/Ratatouille, creating a good throughflow.

And Art of Disney becomes Mickey's Philharmagic. Not only would the hat make a great entrance (the current one being covered over by a slightly extended Hollywood facade), but checking via Google Earth the WDW version is the *perfect* size for this building.

Soap

=D> Great ideas Anthony, if just some may come true...
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

In a word... perfect! Absolutely spot on. I love the ideas for the Costuming building, they really do need to get rid of it in the future and make it something that is part of the Toon Studio. Not only does your plan do that, but it adds a whole variety of new experiences, and saves the Toon Studio area from becoming 'Pixar Rides Land' by adding behind the scenes MOVIE STUDIO attractions (especially when getting rid of AoDA)!

The re-routing of parade route is also great, I really like the ideas for the AoDA and Animagique buildings, and the stage and fountain :P Again, it saves it from becoming Pixar Land. And don't get me started on the Studio gates, Dopey Drive and Mickey Avenue; genius!

Monster's Inc Factory Tour is also a stroke of genius. It's never crossed my mind before, but a combination of both California's and Tokyo's Monster's Inc attractions in Paris would be perfect (so the DCA ride, but following a new story rather than the story of the film, allowing for Tokyo scenes like the Randall trash compacter scene to be added).

There's no tiptoeing around this; the Walt Disney Studios needs these additions and changes. Again, why aren't you working at Glendale Ant? =D>

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Monster's Inc Factory Tour is also a stroke of genius. It's never crossed my mind before, but a combination of both California's and Tokyo's Monster's Inc attractions in Paris would be perfect (so the DCA ride, but following a new story rather than the story of the film, allowing for Tokyo scenes like the Randall trash compacter scene to be added).
It'd be a combination of Tokyo's darkride and Florida (DHS)'s long-rumour door vault coaster. None of that DCA rubbish. :wink: I'm not sure if both would fit though, so I'd take Tokyo's interactive dark ride above the coaster if that's the case.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"There's no tiptoeing around this; the Walt Disney Studios needs these additions and changes. Again, why aren't you working at Glendale Ant? =D>
They don't have enough money.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Monster's Inc Factory Tour is also a stroke of genius. It's never crossed my mind before, but a combination of both California's and Tokyo's Monster's Inc attractions in Paris would be perfect (so the DCA ride, but following a new story rather than the story of the film, allowing for Tokyo scenes like the Randall trash compacter scene to be added).
It'd be a combination of Tokyo's darkride and Florida (DHS)'s long-rumour door vault coaster. None of that DCA rubbish. :wink: I'm not sure if both would fit though, so I'd take Tokyo's interactive dark ride above the coaster if that's the case.

What I meant was basically an adapted Tokyo ride, in a DCA dark ride form (so no interactivity). The Tokyo ride alone would be sensational (as would the coater concept), but to be honest, I think I'm more likely to become head of the Walt Disney Company than DLP getting a copy of Ride 'n' Go seek! :roll:  :wink:

charlied

So that's instead of us getting TSM then? This plan is exactly how it should be- but have you done something like this for the rest of the park (Theatre District, Hollywood Boulevard etc)? Because that would be great to see aswell.

luke85

Great ideas! I like the idea that the Monster's Inc attraction would be providing the power to Toon Studios, a brilliant concept!

Gareth

=D>  :D/  amazing idea if only they came to reality pleaseee wds we love you  :D  again rlly great ideas  =D>

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

QTXAdsy

=D>  
Such Brilliant ideas. You've made Toon Studio look better than what it is now. :P

Here Come The Belgians!