FlashForward is fastest-selling Disney series ever

Started by Anthony, October 06, 2009, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

QuoteFlashForward is fastest-selling Disney series ever
US drama - shown on Channel Five in the UK - being shown as quickly as possible to beat piracy

Flashforward, the high-concept US drama series, has become the fastest-selling Disney series of all time, and broadcasters around the world are showing it as quickly as possible in a bid to beat piracy.

The programme, in which an unexplained event makes people around the world see into their future after blacking out for two minutes, has premiered in Britain on Channel Five, in Australia and even been dubbed into Russian within days of its US premiere.

"Even before Mipcom begins we have sold it to 100 territories, already making it the fastest-selling series in our history," said Disney Media Networks president global distribution Ben Pyne on the opening day of TV trade festival MIPCOM.

He said persuading other networks to premiere the programme quickly was part of a new policy.

"This helps to reduce piracy but also allows bigger-than-life global marketing campaigns and get shows into audiences homes sooner."

On Friday, eight days after its US premiere, the Russian version of Flashforward, known as Remembering What Will Be, was first shown.

In the UK, the programme aired on Five four days after US network ABC premiered it. Its second episode airs tonight.

Previously television companies would send tapes across the world to promote shows – but now that could be done over the internet, with broadcast quality clips that could be adapted for local use, Pyne said.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... ing-disney

Good news for their Lost follow-up hopes then. Has anyone actually watched it?

Soap

Yeah watched the first episode, very promising and big was my first impression.
It's about a global "thing", so i hope they can keep the plotholes to a minimum and the tension high  :D

All and all great news for Disney, tv series is in m.i. a bigger thing then movies at the moment don't you think?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

-breeno-

Just heard about this on saturday thanks to my cousin, he managed to catch the first episode, he said it's alright, doesn't know if he'll try and get into though.  I completely forgot it was on last night.  Might watch it though on Five's version of iplayer if i ever get an hour or two.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Rorschach

I [strike:cbb79blm]illegally downloaded and[/strike:cbb79blm] watched the first two episodes and I liked them pretty much.
I think this show is gonna be very popular if they are careful with the plot.

Soap

Quote from: "Rorschach"I [strike:sqgjvyru]illegally downloaded and[/strike:sqgjvyru] watched the first two episodes and I liked them pretty much.
I think this show is gonna be very popular if they are careful with the plot.

guilty 2, no other way for me to see it for now.
If it sticks and when it finds its way to europe, i will buy it on dvd  :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

peep

I've watched both episodes so far, it's a good show. I think this should really be done in all countries IMO. Programs like Heroes don't get any attention over here anymore because all the fans watch it online straight after it's shown in America (which is months before the UK gets it), therefore they have resulted to piracy and when shown on UK TV it gets no viewers making the TV companies think no one is watching any more and makes the future of the program continuing even more bleak.

Like last night the first episode of True Blood was on Channel 4. It became a trending topic on Twitter and loads of Americans got confused because they are already on or waiting for series 3, we've only just started the first one!
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320