Aveen2008's September 21st-26th Trip report! Day 5

Started by Aveen2008, October 02, 2009, 08:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Hey guys,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to complete this report, I have been on the go so much and totally exhausted since I got home. I stayed in my sisters since Tuesday night to help her with her newborn and 18month son, so I have had my hands full. Thank you for all the lovely comments so far though! They have been great..anyway...

Day 5: final full day

I say final full day but I had to leave the park early as I was planning on going to the pin trading night at Davy crockett ranch before 6pm so I didn't really have a full day.

Today I mainly wanted to try and do the things that I hadn't managed to do during the week!

First stop was the Studios..

I wanted to do 2 things, one being see who the "new characters" were in toon studio out of curiousity (even though I pretty much knew it was going to be remy/emile) and more importantly try again to catch Playhouse Disney.

Again the time for playhouse disney said something like 50-60mins, so we headed over to toon studio to see who was about and seen it was Remy and buzz. We hadn't met Remy before and decided to join the small queue. The minder girl was saying that Remy was leaving in 10 minutes. as we walked into the queue a woman pushed her daughter aged about 2-3 infront of us and told her to walk forward, then the woman herself jumped over the barrier to join her daughter and tried to skip another family. :evil:  The other family were not impressed and there was a big argument in french going on infront of me. From what I could see the lady who caused the trouble was arguing that she had to do it because of her child, which was total crap as she had pushed her child in infront of us and others! :evil:  I just couldn't believe the cheek of her arguing back! :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o It really does make me angry. Anyway I was just wanting the queue to move because I didn't want to meet emile again!!

Next thing a woman and her little boy started saying something to the minder from the opposite end of the waiting area, where you would normally exit. She was shoving an autograph book at her saying Remy didn't sign it properly. I hadn't seen the woman and boy in the queue before us so I don't know when she had met him....lets just say Remy was not impressed and refused to sign it again!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock: It was a whole big commotion!! Remy walked over to one side and was folding his arms, tapping his feet and pointing to his stomach saying he was hungry...

This whole thing went on for quite a few minutes with the woman telling the minder again that she wanted the autograph, then the minder had to go over to Remy and have a chat, where it looked as though he was still refusing...

In the end Remy took the book and signed something with his back turned to the crowd and gave the book back. He was not impressed and I didn't really think the situation was handled well as the little boy (about 7 or 8) seemed upset too by the whole thing. I think she should have been told to queue again or wait till remy came back out in about 30 mins and she would get it then but the whole thing was disruptive.

I have to say though Remy was very friendly to mum and I when we met him and he was hugging me and wouldn't let me go, I thought he was extremely cute.....

I wasn't fussed on meeting buzz, I had met him before but mum wanted to because she had enjoyed the buzz ride so much on this trip so we both got pictures with him anyway as again there was a small queue which meant no scrum, heres mums pic...

Walking back over to Playhouse disney the time had gone up again and I just decided to give up on it for this trip unfortunately :( , However the english version of stitch Live said it was starting in 8 minutes so we gave it another go...

It wasn't as funny as the day before but i still love it! :D  :D  :D

we grabbed something small in en coulisse in Studio one! Mum had chicken nuggets and I had Mickey broiche, neither of us were hungry really. There was a band playing disney jazz tunes in studio one which was great to hear and see...

It was then time to say goodbye to the studios and head over to Disneyland Park! At the entrance we admired the topairy (sorry cant get spelling) work...

what was really funny was mum said " its beautiful, it's like art in itself.....what is it supposed to be!!" ... I nearly died laughing! :P  :lol:  :lol:

on the way to mainstreet we seen Mary poppins out for her little show. I filmed little bits of it even though I had filmed it before but I love it and the music.

After the show I knew there would be a scrum for meeting mary and bert sO i just stood and watched them walk under the main street railroad entrance. no one followed them so i decided to walk over, and one woman jumped infront of me, I stood there and just thought to myself - if they ignore me or I get pushed and shoved I am leaving. A few people had gathered by the time the first woman got her autograph and photos etc. Then Bert kindly pulled me in for a photo...

I forgot to mention on one of the days I tried to meet rabbit from winnie the pooh off Minnies party train. I was the first one standing were he normally went when he got off the train. Then a massive crowd followed him. He had seen me standing there and instead focused on the million children who arrived much later than me. I asked him for a photo and he raised his hand to me as if to say " you will have to wait, I am here for the children" I waited a few minutes and gave up. Lets just say I was very close in going to the city hall to make a complaint... not because of the photo but the fact that he had overridden and adults right to enjoy the disney experience like any child...lets just say I was angry :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

anyway back to day 5...

I can't remeber exactly what we did next but we did buzz again and sat near the castle stage for a break. We also did a few shops via walking down the arcades to keep in the shade and I had to photograph this sign as I have always loved it.....

We decided to catch a final show of Mcikey's magical party...mum again hoping to get tiggers attention...heres afew photos...
Mickey..

pluto..

baloo...

donald

and tigger..

Our feet were killing us and I knew it would be hard to even walk back to the hotel get sorted and head for teh free bus at the train station for Pin trading night, so we started to leave the park... I felt awful knowing I was leaving when I could actually stay but I was caught between that and possibily regretting not going to PTN so I very sadly left Disneyland park....spotting one or two more great window display figures before I did...

(sorry I couldn't really get good pictures of them because of the reflection of the sun)

then I took my last glances at the most beautiful sight in the world as minnies party train did another run down mainstreet...

I was so sad the trip was over, I hate the feeling of knowing you won't be going back to the park the next day :cry:

However the only thing keeping me going was I still had breakfast to look forward to with cafe mickey the next morning as a goodbye to DLP!

Anyway next i will report on Pin trading night which I will post in the pin trading night topic in the next few mins when i have typed it up.. so please go to it if you want to read about that heres the link //http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=756&p=143291#p143291.. I think many people would find it an interesting read!! :wink:

hope you enjoy!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Simbasgirl

aww Aveen I totally agree about the children verses adults thing...you paid good money chances are the kids were free!!!! :-" Why the hell shouldn't you get photos etc GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brill report by the way!!! =D>  :D/
8th visit to the magic coming very soon x

Masamune

:D Aww, that photo with Mary and Bert is just magical! :lol: And once again your mum has me giggling. :P Tell her that that particular topiary is of Hyacinth Hippo (or some other random ballerina Hippo) from Fantasia!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :D Aww, that photo with Mary and Bert is just magical! :lol: And once again your mum has me giggling. :P Tell her that that particular topiary is of Hyacinth Hippo (or some other random ballerina Hippo) from Fantasia!

lol I will!! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Annet

I was reading your reports yesterday when my nieces (who are going with me to DLP on my next trip) were standing next to me. They absolutely loved your photos! :P And ofcourse they can't read english yet, but I enjoyed the report too.

Javey74

Well Aveen..  I know I haven't been on the Forum for a few days, but just when I thought I was following your Reports in the correct order I've discovered I'm not..  :oops:  :mrgreen:

You may discover I've commented on you latter reports back to front..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

This is the last one I've just found, after your final one..  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Never mind, I've really enjoyed reading all of them, no matter what the order..  :D/  :D/  :D/

Thanks again Aveen for the great reads..  =D>

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"Well Aveen..  I know I haven't been on the Forum for a few days, but just when I thought I was following your Reports in the correct order I've discovered I'm not..  :oops:  :mrgreen:

You may discover I've commented on you latter reports back to front..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

This is the last one I've just found, after your final one..  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Never mind, I've really enjoyed reading all of them, no matter what the order..  :D/  :D/  :D/

Thanks again Aveen for the great reads..  =D>

hehe no problem, i should probably have wrote day 6 as well as final day! :oops:  opps lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

jeakat24

Great trip report! I've been keeping myself away from the forum because I haven't been since last Oct/Nov and I know I'm just taunting myself if I look. I came back yesterday to ask about finding the 2010 brochure and have now got myself fully addicted to reading trip reports which now means I must go to DLRP and soon!  :lol:

Absolutely loved the duck photo, simply the best Disneyland photo I have ever seen!!!

My partner and I have found a fair way around the scrums surrounding the characters which you might want to try with your mum in future. It only works if the character has a cast member near them, but we wait until the people waiting before us have had their picture taken then we ask the cast member to take a photo of us together with the character. They are usually more than happy to oblige (esp. considering theirs only two of us and we have very few photo's of the pair of us) and they tend to get the characters attention straight away. If you try it you'll notice that the cast member is suddenly in demand from other families as you walk away!!!!

Here's some photo's we managed to get by doing this:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1149965136

We got far more character photo's on that trip than in all of our other trips combined just because it beat the frustration of waiting hours just to have other people push in front of you!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Aveen2008

=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

You should get a medal for thinking that one up hehe!!! very smart indeed! =D>  =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

loladelorean

Quote from: "jeakat24"My partner and I have found a fair way around the scrums surrounding the characters which you might want to try with your mum in future. It only works if the character has a cast member near them, but we wait until the people waiting before us have had their picture taken then we ask the cast member to take a photo of us together with the character. They are usually more than happy to oblige (esp. considering theirs only two of us and we have very few photo's of the pair of us) and they tend to get the characters attention straight away. If you try it you'll notice that the cast member is suddenly in demand from other families as you walk away!!!!
This is a great tip! Wish we had thought of this, as we hated the scrums. We felt strangely guilty and silly jostling with the kids for characters attention and usually just gave up. Sometimes characters even purposefully ignore you to look for kids - King Louis did this with us in the studios when we were the only ones approaching him! We were pretty annoyed. That said, most characters have just as much time for adults as for kids. When we were in the Studios we spotted two elderly ladies perhaps in their 70s or 80s - they didnt seem to have anyone else with them. They both had princess autograph books and spent ages trying to meet all the characters! Needless to say the characters had a lot of time for them. I really liked this...and suspect this will be my sister and me in years to come lol
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19