Should Crush's Coaster have a single rider line?

Started by mattboywonder, October 01, 2009, 09:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddi

Quote from: "Nicolai"
Quote from: "Waddi"The idea of single rider on a multi-person rides, the likes were its a long train, BTM for example, or ToT even,  I agree with but not on individual cars like Crush, for the simple reason of ride photo, I havent been on crush but is the on ride photo not of your whole car and the riders within and I wouldnt want a stranger ruining my family coaster photo.

very superficial I know.

Crush has no ride photo.

Then ignore everything I just said  :oops: lol.

pussinboots

Hmmm. I was simply put in with a stranger. But yes, single-rider lines would be most welcome in Paris, particularly on Crush.

EDDY

Hope it fits to this topic.

First of all I totally agree with the Single Rider Queue.
Because at first you won't have to wait that long - alone in the Queue (that's boring if you're for yourself) and second it would as already mentioned fill up the shells.

I can't imagine any point against that...

But now my question.
Does anyone know why there are always some people who board directly into the shells (coming from the mural on the right side from the boarding area?) hope you know what I mean. Last time I've spotted many people who embark directly after coming out of nowhere behind the mural on the right and have to wait at the controllers panel.

;)
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Waddi

Quote from: "EDDY"But now my question.
Does anyone know why there are always some people who board directly into the shells (coming from the mural on the right side from the boarding area?) hope you know what I mean. Last time I've spotted many people who embark directly after coming out of nowhere behind the mural on the right and have to wait at the controllers panel.

;)

Just a few ideas;
  • Baby Switch
  • Disabled Riders

EDDY

QuoteJust a few ideas;

* Baby Switch
    * Disabled Riders
Hmm but if you've Baby Switch you also have to queue and after that you can switch...or?
And the disabled riders board just from the other side near the entrance.

I mean the little path where the shells pass by leaving the building. ;)
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2010 - May [/size]

phantom247

This entrance uses a tunnel that goes under the track and is usually used for special fastpass tickets if there is a 101 a technical problem which results in evacuation of guests already within the attraction i.e. on the Coaster.  Or very occasionly handed out to VIP'S etc.

EDDY

Ah...ok. Thank you very much =)
I've always wondered where they come from.

;)
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2010 - May [/size]

Magic M

I went through this tunnel 2 Christmasses ago when I complained after being stuck on BTM for 20 minutes.  I was given a VIP Fastpass and taken in "the back door" so to speak.  The tunnel was back then very bare with metal walls and very narrow passageways.

bensmum

I have used the "back" door to crush. My son is disabled and the disabled rider pass they give out allows you to enter this way. You walk along a bare corridor and wait at the barrier. I have to say that it does not automatically mean you get on the rides quicker but that you don't have to stand in a queue. There are seats for when you have to wait for a long time and this is handy for me when my son is very tired.

littlemermaid83

Been down that tunnel aswell when i did baby switch, my brother joined the orginal queue and got given a ticket by the CM, my brother then gave me the ticket when he exited the ride and i then was sent down the tunnel to be met by another CM who put me on the first available shell.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ightenhill

Shouldn't be complex to implement, there must be at least three available routes its line could use, If I have to guess almost  every third car goes with an empty seat so why its not been done yet baffles me.. I sometimes have to wonder if park operators in DLP have actually visited any other parks in the world, never mind other Disney parks.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

experiment627

Quote from: "ightenhill"I sometimes have to wonder if park operators in DLP have actually visited any other parks in the world, never mind other Disney parks.

Funny you mention that. Because on my recent trip to WDW I actually found its operations lacking compared to Paris... especially in its crowd control department.

ightenhill

Quote from: "experiment627"Funny you mention that. Because on my recent trip to WDW I actually found its operations lacking compared to Paris... especially in its crowd control department.

Im talking about the existance in the world of single rider lines.. I am presuming you saw those before someone starts  a "my parks better than there park thread"

Whats needed at DLP are solutions from management, not this current Can't do it attitude that seems to be growing.. I dont want to hear something can't be done I want to know what your going to do to find a solution to the problem wether it be the Line at Crush or the front of Studio 1..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

SpaceScreaminJohn

Now I haven't been to Walt Disney Studios Paris, but I can feel the 'crush' at Crush's coaster as I see pictures of long lines for the attraction and for the occasional FASTPASS machines.

I think a single-rider would be perfect for this attraction.  I have used the single-ride line for Splash Mountain at Disneyland and Mullholland Madness at DCA.  The former was a bit of a wait, but nothing compared to the 85-minute stand-by line.

However, it works like a miracle for Mulholland Madness.  I always used the single-line for Mulholland Madness (my family hates the attraction), especially when the stand-by oine is 35 minutes or more.  When lines are this bad, I manage to get in at least four rides in a ten-minute time period.

Now, I'm not sure that's the result we'll get if we put a single-ride line for Crush's Coaster, but I'm sure it'll be quite a short line for those who do decide to use it...that is, if they decide to add it to the attraction.

Somebody might want to send this idea to the WDS managers... :)
HOW TIMES HAVE I VISITED DISNEYLAND?
California]Florida[/color]: 0
Tokyo]Paris[/color]: 0
Hong Kong: 0

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "SpaceScreaminJohn"Now I haven't been to Walt Disney Studios Paris, but I can feel the 'crush' at Crush's coaster as I see pictures of long lines for the attraction and for the occasional FASTPASS machines.

I think a single-rider would be perfect for this attraction.  I have used the single-ride line for Splash Mountain at Disneyland and Mullholland Madness at DCA.  The former was a bit of a wait, but nothing compared to the 85-minute stand-by line.

However, it works like a miracle for Mulholland Madness.  I always used the single-line for Mulholland Madness (my family hates the attraction), especially when the stand-by oine is 35 minutes or more.  When lines are this bad, I manage to get in at least four rides in a ten-minute time period.

Now, I'm not sure that's the result we'll get if we put a single-ride line for Crush's Coaster, but I'm sure it'll be quite a short line for those who do decide to use it...that is, if they decide to add it to the attraction.

Somebody might want to send this idea to the WDS managers... :)

Now it interesting that you should bring that up, because Mulholland Madnes is a very similar ride to Crush, perhaps proof that the system could work well. The only issue would be where exactly they could put a single rider queue :-k