Pin Trading: Your Disney Store UK wishlist

Started by Masamune, September 25, 2009, 11:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:D This is just a thread to discuss pins you would love to see at a Disney Store near you in the future. Who knows, maybe a UK Disney Store pin designer will see this topic and make our wishes come true!

Here's my top 10 of characters I'd love to see in UK Disney Pin form.

Edit: :lol: It's now top 11, because I need to add Up pins.

1. Gaston ( There's not enough Gaston pins, which is why I've listed him first! )
2. Cheshire Cat ( :P On his own! Although I do love the existing one with Alice. )
3. Scar ( :( If only he would've been on the Lion King Anniversary pin. )
4. Chernabog ( Or anything Fantasia related other than Sorcerer Mickey )
5. Kevin ( Or anything Up related )
6. Zero ( Or anything Nightmare Before Christmas related )
7. Ratigan ( Again, not enough Ratigan pins! )
8. Jessica Rabbit ( ;) Yes please. )
9. Dumbo ( Dumbo pins are always insanely cute! )
10. Shere Khan ( To go with the up-coming Baloo pin. )
11. Gideon ( I just really want a pin of that funny little cat. I love seeing him at DLRP! )

And this next list is just a few ideas for accessories/series/etc that I would like to see too!

1. Pin Bag and/or Book ( =P I'm running out of space! )
2. Jumbo pins ( Don't know how much they would charge for them, but still. )
3. Disney pets series ( Figaro, Cleo, Nana, Lady, etc. )
4. Disney sea creatures series ( Monstro, Bruce, Nemo, Flounder, etc. )
5. Booster sets ( Hopefully at a decent price. )

Belle's World

My pin wish list would be as follows:

1. Belle in her Christmas Costume.
2. The other Kittens from Aristocats other than Marie.
3. Cheshire Cat
4. Oliver
5. Figaro
6. Lucifer
7. Duchess
8. Mrs Potts
9. Gaston
10. Jessica Rabbit.

As you can probaly tell apart from Beauty and the Beast my favourite characters are the cats.

Ro

Clarebelle

I really like the idea of your pets series Masamune

I too would love to see (as previously mentioned) ...
Lucifer
Figaro
Mrs Potts (and Chip)

I have split mine as there are soooo many (probably too many) that I'd like to see in pin form

PIXAR TOP TEN
1.   Luxo Lamp
2.   Dug and Kevin (up)
3.   Mo (WALL-E)
4.   Edna Mode (the Incredibles)
5.   Fillmore (Cars)
6.   Dot (A Bug's Life)
7.   Sully (Monsters inc)
8.   Bo Peep with Sheep (Toy Story)
9.   Zurg (Toy Story)
10. Buster (Toy Story)

DISNEY TOP TEN
1.   Flora, Fauna and Merryweather (Sleeping Beauty)
2.   Fairy Godmother (Cinderella)
3.   Jiminy Cricket (Pinocchio)
4.   Jac and Gus Gus (Cinderella)
5.   Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty)
6.   Merlin (The Sword in the Stone)
7.   Pegasus (Hercules)
8.   Meeko (Pochontas)
9.   Djalhi (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
10. Simba (The Lion King)

accessories/series/etc...

Definatly PIN BAGS. We are on a campaign lol we have been asking at every Disney Store we have visited, emailed guest services. begged and begged!

Alice in Wonderland Series (including the Mad Hatter, Doormouse, Dinah, Catapillar, The Flowers and "Eat Me" cookie)

Jumbo Pins

Lanyard Medals

and  a HALLOWEEN PIN!! please there is still time  [-o<
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

I totally agree about all the accessories - bags, medals etc and some starter sets, booster packs, jumbo pins would all be brilliant too!! =D>

I too love the idea of the pets series masamune!! =D>

I would like to see- pin wise:

1. A rescuers pin
2. Dug (from UP) pin
3. Pocahontas pin or her or Meeko
4. Hunchback of notre dame pins esp Esmeralda
5. Princesses but in their first dress in the movie - e.g. cinderella in her rags type clothes, belle in her blue dress etc although because there are so many of ariel just as the mermaid I would prefer her in one of her human outfits!
6. Characters dressed as other characters e.g. donald as robin hood or minnie as Alice!
7. Fox and the Hound pin
8. Lion king pins

Also would like to see special pins released for holidays like halloween, christmas etc

Perhaps even some instore pin trading events or something would be good also! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

@ Belle - :P I'm a big fan of Disney cats as well.

@ Clare - :D Thanks! Out of your list I'd want Pegasus the most, then Djali! In regards to a Halloween pin, wouldn't it be great if they made one as a Surprise Release? I'm not a huge fan of Surprise Releases, as sometimes you end up missing them! That would certainly be better than nothing though.

@ Aveen - :o Thanks to you too! I love the series of Disney Pet magnets they did, so I thought a pin series would be good too. Out of your list, I think I'd like a Rescuers pin the most, then Dug! :lol: Actually, I need to edit Up pins on to my list now that I've seen it.

Aveen2008

Oh and I would also love to see pins of characters dressed as other characters, I love those sort of pins! I only realised a day or two ago that I forgot to get daisy dressed as maleficent before I went home from my trip :(  aw well lol!

Oh and as claire said Briar rose.. ok I need to edit my list now lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Perhaps even some instore pin trading events or something would be good also! :D

some stores already do this, It might be a good to approach your store to ask about this as I would think it is down to the managers discretion as to when and how many of these events they hold
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

:) The Manchester Arndale store has started doing Pin Trading mornings every 2 weeks on the days that new pins are released. I haven't been able to go to one yet, because each Saturday I've been working. I've got next Saturday off though, so hopefully they'll be doing one then since the 24th is when the next lot of pins are released!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :) The Manchester Arndale store has started doing Pin Trading mornings every 2 weeks on the days that new pins are released. I haven't been able to go to one yet, because each Saturday I've been working. I've got next Saturday off though, so hopefully they'll be doing one then since the 24th is when the next lot of pins are released!

Are they for trader to meet other traders?  :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:) Yup. There's actually a FaceBook group specifically for the Manchester store. It was made by one of the Manchester Cast Members, so he posts info about when the next Pin Trading morning will be. I've made a few friends on that group, so it'll be really nice to meet them and trade pins.

:D I met one of them the other day (the lady named Elaine who I told you about). It'll be cool to just stand and chat about pins with other people who like them. :lol: Despite how sad we may look to other people in the shop.

Robin Hood pin update: Semi-good news! Although the seller hasn't responded to the e-mail I sent on Thursday ( :x which is rather annoying, as they've managed to list new stuff but couldn't be bothered replying to my message ), the pins were marked Dispatched as of today. So with any luck, maybe I'll actually recieve them tomorrow or Monday! If they're going to arrive at all, I'm just praying that it's before next Thursday, as that's when the proper postal strikes begin!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :) Yup. There's actually a FaceBook group specifically for the Manchester store. It was made by one of the Manchester Cast Members, so he posts info about when the next Pin Trading morning will be. I've made a few friends on that group, so it'll be really nice to meet them and trade pins.

:D I met one of them the other day (the lady named Elaine who I told you about). It'll be cool to just stand and chat about pins with other people who like them. :lol: Despite how sad we may look to other people in the shop.

Robin Hood pin update: Semi-good news! Although the seller hasn't responded to the e-mail I sent on Thursday ( :x which is rather annoying, as they've managed to list new stuff but couldn't be bothered replying to my message ), the pins were marked Dispatched as of today. So with any luck, maybe I'll actually recieve them tomorrow or Monday! If they're going to arrive at all, I'm just praying that it's before next Thursday, as that's when the proper postal strikes begin!

Hey,

I really hope the pins arrive soon then, I hate when the seller doesn't communicate well! :evil:  Mine still haven't arrived, although I contacted the seller and he emailed back with a tracking number saying that it seems to have been tracked until the 12th of October and that it must be delayed but if it doesn't come in the next few days to let him know. I am actually thinking of possibily reselling the pins I bought...not sure though. I hope both our pin purchases arrive asap! I hate postale strikes, I wish they would just give the postal men and women what they want because they usually do a good job! :P

That's really great about the pin trading events in the manchester store. Unfortunately there's not really enough interest over here so that doesn't happen :( , I hope you get to meet some more of the friends you have made at the next in store event! :D

I recieved my complementary UP pin today :D/ , I have to say it is lovely and as you said it's quite large! I really do think that if they had of released it as a core pin it would have done well. I am glad to have it :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

hmm tough one as I only really collect stitch now but like I said you on saturday masamune I was going to get all disney classic dvd main characters :P

so my top 10 -

1. Kevin from UP
2. Other experiments from lilo and stitch
3. Alpha from UP
4. Rafiki (Lion king)
5. more stitch pins :)
6. Joanna from Rescuers down under
7. Mushu (or any Mulan characters)
8. Nightmare before xmas (oogie boogie first :P)

only have 8 really as hard to think when I really just want stitch lol But as I was talking to Masamune on saturday Id like to see Jumbo pins appear at the disney store. Also I would like to see other types of Lanyards at the disney store as the two available are not very appealing to me as Im new I had to ebay my deluxe stitch lanyard for £30 worth it I say as the 2 pin lanyard at disney store is £10 so bargain I think lol

And I would also like to see the likes of booster sets or even limited edition boxed pins as I saw a beautiful stitch/jumba in capture pods on saturday was very nice.

Masamune

:o OMG I would love a pin of Joanna or Marahute.

Barnsey313

I'd like some more Chip and Dale and a few other pins over here:

Chip and Dale roasting chestnuts on an open fire for Christmas,
Pluto in a kennel,
Pirates of the Caribbean (Barbossa!),
Donald Duck captaining a ship,
Dug from UP with light in his collar,
And an imagineering around the world series.

And perhaps some celebrating Disney outside the UK or jumbo pins? I'm sure they'll start coming once it's properly established.

PS: Most of our pins are not very intricate are they?

Belle's World

Everyone has come up with some really great ideas. Supporting characters should be on pins as well as main characters. I think it would be nice to have 1 classic pin and 1 new generation pin out every month so hopefully everyone would be happy.
Ro