Adam and Phil's Disneyland Paris Honeymoon! (LAST DAY)

Started by TR_Wolf, September 23, 2009, 12:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR_Wolf

The last day... booo!

Breakfast wasn't as packed, which was nice. I think I'll miss those croissants too!

We went back upstairs and packed our bits, and sadly left the room, proper mopey style, "bye room... bye bathroom!" etc. hehe.

We left our bags with the baggage room chap in reception, and headed to the parks.

By now this ankle pain was also what felt like a blister on my foot, but there was nothing there, it was almost like a crease in the skin... ah well, that's typical of me, my feet and ankles can't deal with doing what they were designed to do,  :lol:

Now the worst part about today was that we could do barely anything at the parks, as they were heaving!! Main Street was shoulder to shoulder at times, Fantasyland was claustrophobic because of how many people you had to squeeze past to get by, the whole park was so crowded that it felt claustrophobic, and obviously you couldnt get on any rides due to ridiculously long lines, even on Big Thunder Mountain, which I really wanted to get on again! The Peter Pan's Flight fastpass time at 12:30pm was telling people to come back at 5:45pm!!

We did, however, get on the Molly Brown, which is always pleasant to ride around on. Whilst on board we were shocked to see that the River Rogue Keelboats were operating! I thought they shut down years ago and the entrance blocked off etc!

So as soon as we got off the Molly Brown, we dashed (well, waddled) off to the River Rogue area and got in line.

I've never been on these little boats before, and really enjoyed them, as they are real boats (not on a track like the paddle steamers), and you could sit down! Only thing is, when getting off, I scraped/cut the back of my lower leg on a step... so back of leg... sore foot... sore ankle... what next?! lol

One of the quieter areas was the Critter Coral area in Frontierland, which was very pleasant with the weather:

The strange thing was, that by the Cowboy Cookout, two characters emmerged from a backstage area... Eeyore and King John... not only are these characters not remotely linked to each other, but they're also Fantasyland Characters... why were they in Frontierland? That was a bit weird really.

The weather was now really quite lovely.

As lovely as the castle is, I'm didn't like this big... thing... stuck to the front of it:

Now as an advert for Mickey's Party, this could go on the front entrance to the park or whatever, but it doesnt need to be on the castle, it's not an advert board, and it's meant to be Cinderella's Castle, who is nothing to do with Mickey etc, plus it's covering a lovely window which was DESIGNED to be seen!

We also couldnt resist ourselves, and went to Walt's again, as our final Disney meal...

That woman on the front desk remembered us, and was still running up and down the stairs! Too much energy!

This time we were seated in the Main Street themed room, and right next to a little window with an amazing view over Main Street!

Half way through our meal, we heard from outside "Bonjouuuur! Bonjouuuur!", yes it was Minnie's crazy train of terror...

See... Gepetto again! With such a few characters, why Gepetto?!

I took the above photo because that morning I was stoo there with two African drummers, in Adventureland, and that evening I was stood in Morrison's in Bolton looking for sausages :nonono:

The above photo was in The New York City Bar in Hotel New York before we went off to Rainforest Cafe. That drink was a 'Laser Rink', me and Phil were trying the non alcoholic cocktails, which were pricy but yummy, hehe.

We went back to City Hall, who had located our commemorative brick, so we went to find it. Although it was faded and the colouring coming off a bit, we found it!

Squire is Phil's nickname, like mine is TR Wolf. We thought it'd be more unique than using our real names.

I had a black Sharpie in my pocket and coloured in the letters again, it looked much better afterwards!

We headded back to the Studios for a bit...

The studios was equally crowded, so Phil went and got some gifts for some friends of ours, and I sat on a bench in the front yard area, and watched people interacting with characters, which was pleasant :)

We headed to Disney Village, as Phil wanted a couple of ties he'd seen in one of the stores, so I got a nice Haagen Dazs ice cream from the Gaumont Cinema, and sat down whilst Phil went to have a nose about (I was limping at this point, so any sitting down was very welcome, hehe)  :-({|=

It was at this point I sat there and realised that our Disney holiday was pretty much over now, and we'd had a good time, but I never got on a couple of rides I really wanted to go on, and we never saw the main parade, or Mickey's Party in the main park... I guess we missed them!

We collected our luggage from the hotel and headed back to the train station, where on the way, we saw these guys.

I remember these guys from last time I was there, and I've only taken a shot of a few here, but there were characaturists and the sort too, but generally lots of hawkers selling shoddy crappy tacky souveneirs, trying to make a quick buck out of people leaving the parks. It's public property so they can't be moved on, but these guys can be quite intimidating and insistant, and it can really spoil peoples experiences in the park by having to get past these guys!

The station wasn't very well labelled at all for English speakers, we didn't know where we had to go or anything until we found a ticket office to ask. We finally found where we needed to wait, and found an air conditioned waiting room, which was very pleasant, especially when a couple came in with two rottweiler dogs, who were lovely and very affectionate, one when called by its owner, "allez!", put her head on my leg and looked up at them as if to say "no, Im here with him, can I stay here?" awww!. Although at one point a few soldiers with machine guns casually walked through and past... which was slightly irksome!  8-[

We finally got our train, which was a double decker... I've never been on a double decker train, or even seen one!

The train journey was swift as usual, but it was so crowded, and the luggage racks so full, that we chose to simply stand in the vestebule area, which was fine, the journey was only 10 minutes or so, and I chatted in broken French to a nice old couple.

Now at the airport... ugh... how and where to check in was ridiculously unclear. We worked it out in the end, and forgot about that long walk to get to the check in area from the train station... it was the entire length of the airport, and with our aching bodies, it really wasnt pleasant, and seemed to take half an hour just to walk it, including having to take a break and sit down half way there!

When we finally got there, and checked in, we were sent into a large open area, and told it was 'gate 30' to board. Now we headed into this area, and followed the signs to "BARS AND RESTAURANTS" and "DUTY FREE SHOPPING", this turned out to be a newsagent and a coffee shop and that was it, although they had toilets there which had a foot flush, and flushed with such fierocity it was hilarious, it sounded like a monster when flushed, "RAAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!!".

Whilst sat there and trying to work out where gate 30 was... over to me came a lady and said hello... it was the lady I kicked in the belly on the carousel! She was on our flight. She was very pleasant and told me she was fine etc, and was wondering where gate 30 was too... we worked out that gate 30 was actually a little alleyway down the side of gate 12... (obviously! :nonono:)

When called, we went through security as normal, and watched a French security guard flabergasted at usually having to ask people to take metal belt buckles off etc, but this time being told someone had brought cheese through with them, "Quoi? Fromage?!" it was hilarious.

Now we were kept in the large loading corridor that connects to the plane, but we were kept in there for about 30 minutes, and just stood there in the really hot tunnel, which was very unpleasant!!

When we finally got on board, everything was okay:

As a night time flight, they dimmed the lights and we taxi'd out to the runway...then past the runway... then back to the terminal, where the lights came back on and the captain asked the cabin crew to unsecure the doors... someone quipped, "oh that was quicker than I thought", and we laughed.

The captain then came over the tannoy to tell us that there was a software problem with Engine 2, "which is a rather important piece of software"... as someone who isn't that great a flyer, that's not the sort of thing I want to hear!! They said they were getting some engineers on board to sort it and we'd be off soon... I asked out loud "can we not have a new plane?".

As it turned out it was just like a computer, and a case of turning it off-and-on-again, but it was fine, and although a bit late, the flight home was swift and pleasant. Liverpool at night as you approach from the sky is really beautiful.

Back at the aiport we found our car and headed back, stopping at a service station on the way home to get a drink (no pish, sadly!). Phil waited in the car and I dashed in, but I was completely on automatic mode, as I was tired and it was late, I felt like a zombie, and probably looked like one too!

However we got home, opened the front door to a mountain of post (we'd only been gone 4 days!), and didn't bother unpacking or anything, we just went to bed...

...ohhh sinking into your own bed after a holiday is pure bliss.

We slept very very well :)

Thanks for joining us on our little report, we had a wonderful time, moreso than we expected, and have some great memories and photos to reflect upon.

I hope you enjoyed reading about it, and seeing some shots :)

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

glenn

rearly enjoyed your trip report and photo,s,glad you had a great time.i,m like you i miss the continental breakfast when i leave dlp but i never think of eating it at home.one question,did you state when booking that it was a honeymoon trip,i.e mickey being in your room when you arrived.           glenn

TR_Wolf

Quote from: "glenn"rearly enjoyed your trip report and photo,s,glad you had a great time.i,m like you i miss the continental breakfast when i leave dlp but i never think of eating it at home.one question,did you state when booking that it was a honeymoon trip,i.e mickey being in your room when you arrived.           glenn

Yes, our travel agent had noted that it was our honeymoon, and we'd E-Mailed the hotel directly to tell them, in case they could do anything special for us (and they certainly did!)

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

Tuvok

Fantastic tripreport. Enjoyed this very much!
Hoping you will be heading towards the magic kingdom again soon for the next tripreport.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for a lovely trip report - your stories and photos certainly has made me look even more forward to my trip in just 2,5 weeks :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Annet

Sounds like an excellent honeymoon, hope you'll keep lots of magical memories to it!
Thanks for the great report, I'm so looking forward to my trip in about a month!

never2old

Great trip report, sounds like you two had a wonderful time and a magical honeymoon  :D

Thank you for sharing!!

brenjo

Hi you guys that was an excellent report my daugter Olivia and I really enjoyed it.  The hotel sounds great - we are staying there in January - would love thier email address to 'warn' them of our arrival lol.  Congratulations again on your honeymoon!

em

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. Thank you for sharing it. It was brilliant. :D
Explorers Hotel - October 2003
Santa Fe - November 2007
Sequoia Lodge - November 2008
Sequoia Lodge - November 2009
Sequoia Lodge - November 2010
Sequoia Lodge - November 2012
Walt Disney World - March 2016

SophieD

Great trip report!! It looks as though you had a magical honeymoon :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

dagobert

Great trip report. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

andischatz

I agree, this was a fantastic trip report and loads of great pics, too!

I'm so happy for you guys and actually I welled up a bit (and my jaw dropped) when I saw that special surprise they had in store for you. Now that's something you never ever forget, I'm sure.  =D>