Adam and Phil's Disneyland Paris Honeymoon! (DAY ONE)

Started by TR_Wolf, September 20, 2009, 11:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR_Wolf

Hello everyone! I've said before, I'm not that great with trip reports, so it might be a bit disjoined, but I'm disguising it with photos so you don't notice! ;)

CAST: Me, Adam, the fat one.
         DH, Phil, the tall one.

The alarm went off at 3:00am... yep, 3am... we had to set out to Liverpool Airport at 4:00am to get there for around 5:00am, so we'd get there nice and early for when EasyJet's check-in opened at 5:30am, and hopefully be able to be the first to board.

However, on arriving at Liverpool John Lennon airport we saw a line going from the EasyJet check in desks, which were labelled "ALL DESTINATIONS" right to the doors, curved right, and went the entire length of the concourse! (To those of you who know Liverpool Airport, the queue went right the way to the arrivals doorway!). We realised that on getting to the back of the queue, that it didn't look likely that we'd get checked in before the close time of 6:50am!

I mean this is what we had in front of us:

So we were pretty much screwed, or so we thought. I jogged (well, waddled) up to the EasyJet desk, where so many people on Airline had stood crying, swearing, shouting etc. There, the nice girl behind the desk told me not to worry, as basically the system had gone down and only come back up just before we entered the airport, and the close-times were obviously suspended, as all flights would be late. So I ran (well, waddled) back to Phil, and explained the situation, and we expected to be there for the long run.

However, a credit to the EasyJet staff... we got through the line, and check-in in like half an hour, and the flight was still on time!! Well, that said, we were on our way down the stairs to the tunnel that connects to the plane when the announcement came over the tannoy that it was the final and last call for the last remaining passengers to get on the plane... there'd been no announcements beforehand! I'm never late for anything, so having to dash (well, waddle) to get onto the plane was a bit of a panic for me, but we got there, belted up, and were fired across the sea in the big metal bird, in what was a very quick and pleasant flight, despite it being £1.50 for a can of pop!  #-o

Although... EasyJet planes, despite having good leg room, weren't designed for bigger customers... as you can see!

Charles De Gaulle airport was very confusing to navigate, and not very well labelled in English... even the map at baggage collection was completely in French only! However, after a long walk, we finally found the train station.

Oh yeah... the 'bing bong' style noise before a tannoy announcement... in the CDG railway station it's the most bizzare noise, it sort of goes "ding-dong-AAH-hah!" like a vocal bit at the end... very strange!

Our train was the TGV, which is France's high speed train... it was superb, we got to the Disneyland Paris train station in 10 minutes!

From the station, it was a simple walk through Disney Village to get to our hotel, Disney's Hotel New York.

When we got there, the first thing we noticed upon walking into the lobby was the WOW factor... it was a massive and beautiful stylish lobby, I wish I'd taken a photo! Also, there was a strange smell, like a smell of incense and wood, which apparantly is pumped into the air conditioning. I couldn't describe it, but it was lovely!

We went to reception, to check in, but we were told to follow the cast member, who took us to the Empire Club Office, where we had a private one-on-one check in with a staff member, it made us feel very special! We were informed that we had a nice big room with a king size bed, a lake view, and there might be 'a surprise' in the room, but that it wasn't ready yet, and so we might need to go have a look in Disney Village for a few hours before it was ready. But to keep us... tided over as it were, we were presented with two VIP FASTPASSES, baby! (Basically, we could use any Fastpass line whenever we want, we didn't need to come back at any times, we could just go on in! YAY!)

So we left our luggage with the Concierge, and headed to Disney Village, where we and had a look around Disney Village's shops, in particular the massive Disney Store!

Although we also went into a Christmas shop, which had some beautiful and amazing stuff to buy, but for reasons unknown, the shop was playing Halloween Music, like "Halloween-Lo-Ween", which was really quite odd!

One thing I noticed in several of the Disney-owned shops in DLP is that they are selling toy guns... nothing relating to anything Disney, just these cheap generic white toy guns, with "STAR COPS" written on the side. I don't know if Walt would be happy with that.

We then headed to one of our favourite DLP restaurants, Annette's Diner!

Now, although the food was awesome, I noticed the same problem which I noticed 5 years previously... flies! They weren't all over the food or anything, but the occasional fly would land on my shoulder, or on the table and chairs, 2 or 3 at a time... I dont know what attracts them to Annette's, it's very clean!

When we got back to the Hotel, we were lead by the concierge to our room, where two men in 1920's New York garb were stood outside our room (3rd Floor, Room 3481). Remember that surprise that was mentioned? I was expecting a glass of wine or something, but when the men opened the door and motioned us in... what I saw made us both go "WHOA!!"

Sat on the other side of the room was the mouse himself!! Mickey was sat there with a rose and a red envelope. He came over and presented them to us with a hug, and posed for photos. We couldn't believe it, Mickey was in OUR ROOM!!

After Mickey had left, and we were still reeling in shock, we saw what had been left in our room... balloons, a bottle of champagne, bottled mineral water, a card from the hotel with best wishes, and a card signed by Mickey, Donald, Eeyore, and Pluto, and also a lovely Disney photo frame!

We don't drink, so we both, as a tradition, poured a glass of champagne, shared a toast, and took a sip... we both agreed... its was horrible! lol. We should've kept it corked and brought it home for my mum, hehe!

After a quick dash (well, waddle) over to the petrol station near Hotel Santa Fe to get some provisions (crisps, Coke, chocolate etc, so we didnt have to rely on the hotel's expensive temptations!), we went back to the hotel and chilled out for the evening, watching The Disney Channel, and I even had a bath... first one in like 4 years, as we have a shower but no bath... it was pleasant, but I forgot how to sit down in the bath, so that took 5 minutes, and when I did... I nearly caused a tidal wave!!  :oops: Less water next time!!

The bathroom had robes and slippers too, which was a nice follow-on from the bath! There was also a phone by the toilet... I didnt touch it, as it said "URGANCE 112" on it, so it could've been a normal phone, and it was just telling you the emergency number, or it could've been a help-only phone. Below the phone there was a nondescript round button which Phil told me not to touch, in case it was an alarm (I found out on our final day that it was a volume control to the speaker in the bathroom, which broadcast the sound of the television) lol  :lol:

At a suitable late hour, when we realised that The Disney Channel just seems to show American teen comedies now like Hannah Montana, and not proper cartoons or Disney stuff anymore, we melted into the big squishy bed, and went to sleep :)

Longer report than I thought for the first day... Day 2 will follow soon!

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

Aveen2008

oh my gosh what an amazing first day! Mickey in your room - that's amazing!! :D  :D  :D  :D  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  Had you booked the empire state club or was it because you told them it was your honeymoon?! That's brilliant!

I go tomorrow morning and its my first stay in HNY so I can't wait to see what it's like! Although I don't think I will have Mickey in my room hehe! I am just hoping the room is ready when we get there!

Do you know how often the high speed train goes out to disney? I have the VEA buses booked and usually get them but I was just wondering about this service, it seems to make more sense if it only takes 10 minutes to get there lol!

I think those guns are star wars merchandise too.

Can't wait to read more! :D  I loved the bit about the bath, baths rock hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Congratulations!

WOW Mickey in your room! its so nice to see that Disney and the CM's really try to make your honeymoon special! I want to get married now ... maybe if Chris proposes while we are there in Nov they might do something nice for us lol.

Cant wait to see more photos
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

smurfy74

WOW  you are so lucky, i look forward to more of your report, great start to your honeymoon  :D

Pete's Dragon

Mickey in your room !?!?! VIP Fastpasses !?!?!?! Why you lucky *&%$£*$(£* ($*£($*"*  "(*"$* !!!!!!   :P
 When did you's arrive? I had kept an eye out in case I saw you's in the park.

Hilary

Mickey Mouse?  Awesome!

Hope you had a great time.

Annet

Wow that's a great way to start your honeymoon.
Congrats by the way! Great report so far!

dagobert

First of all, CONGRATULATION!!!

Nice Trip report and pictures. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I also don't understand why a family oriented company is selling toy guns. If I would have kids, I wouldn't buy such things.

I was shocked during our last trip when a little boy, maybe 6 years old, pointed with his gun on people and made noises like he just shot the person.

Looking forward to the rest of your report.

em

Great trip report so far. Mickey in your room! That's brilliant :D
Explorers Hotel - October 2003
Santa Fe - November 2007
Sequoia Lodge - November 2008
Sequoia Lodge - November 2009
Sequoia Lodge - November 2010
Sequoia Lodge - November 2012
Walt Disney World - March 2016

Tuvok

Oh my! That's so magical! What a surprise to find Mickey in your room. This is what makes Disney so special. Love it! Can't wait for the rest of your report.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Soap

Cool report!!!  :D
Mickey @ your room? How %^& cool, just great!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

SophieD

Thats sooo cool Mickey in your room?? Congrats on your honeymoon :) Can't wait to read and see more of your trip report :)
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

What a fantastic surprise!  Congratulations to you both, I hope you had a fab wedding and honeymoon, and I wish you both many years of happiness together. Looking forward to the rest of the report.
since 2001 (many before that)

swity

Congratz!!!!
Great trip report.
It's so cool that Mickey has been in you room! That's really a great idea for a suprise...
I always wanted to celebrate my honeymoon in DLRP...and now even more  :wink:

DLP-Photos.com

Congratulations to both of your on the wedding and the honeymoon!

Cool to get Mickey in your room, and nice start to the report :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]