Pete's Dragon's Trip Report 13th - 19th Sept.09 *finished*

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 20, 2009, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Sounds like fun. Who did you bump into?
since 2001 (many before that)

Pete's Dragon

Ah now, that would be telling. You'll just have to keep reading future installments.
Same Bat-Time. Same Bat-Channel ..... !!!!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"That reminds me. During dinner on Tuesday Joshua had gone to get some watermelon, and my mum had followed. When I went up they were both standing at the end of the buffet. I peered over my mum's shoulder just in time to see her lift little red sweeties down and give them to Joshua.
"Quick" she said to him "get that in your mouth"
To which I replied "Yeah, before your father sees you"
My mum jumped about 3 feet and Joshua started sniggering. Ah grandparents, what can you do  :lol:

:lol: Hi-lar-i-ous!!! =D>  :P

Great reports so far, I need more! :wink:

Javey74

Another couple of great reads there Pete's Dragon, unusual to hear about the way the Spanish were reacting, not the obvious choice I must say..  :shock:  :o

Now I must say that I'm sure that the last trip report you did had loads of pictures of most of the meals you had eaten, but this time none. In fact I think it was looking at your photos of the food in Annette's Diner that made me try that place on my last trip..  :mrgreen:  

Saying that, your explicit descriptions and quantities of food you managed to down sure make up for it..  :lol:  

I thought I heard someone saying there was a ham shortage last week in the NPB..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Thanks again for sharing, looking forward to the next instalment..  :wink:  :D/

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Javey74"Another couple of great reads there Pete's Dragon, unusual to hear about the way the Spanish were reacting, not the obvious choice I must say..  :shock:  :o

Now I must say that I'm sure that the last trip report you did had loads of pictures of most of the meals you had eaten, but this time none. In fact I think it was looking at your photos of the food in Annette's Diner that made me try that place on my last trip..  :mrgreen:  

Saying that, your explicit descriptions and quantities of food you managed to down sure make up for it..  :lol:  

I thought I heard someone saying there was a ham shortage last week in the NPB..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Thanks again for sharing, looking forward to the next instalment..  :wink:  :D/

Actually, I didn't take any pictures of my food. I think its because my mum was there and I didn't want her asking what the hell I was doing.

luke85

Great trip report, thanks for posting :)

DLP-Photos.com

Another great installment with beautiful pictures and great stories - thanks for sharing!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

15yearsofMagic2008

Hello ! Did you miss me?! Sorry i haven't been on lately , i have been REALLY busy with school , in Year 10  :P  .

Anyways , back on topic.

GREAT TRIP REPORT !!!! Sorry to hear about Elisha getting knocked over , people have no manners for children . That view , OMG ! Thats sooo cool ! That's like a one-in-a-million chance to get a view like that  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

CentralPlazaPerson

Class trip report so far PD..'Good Jab' ;) :P
You seem to have had a great time so far :)

-breeno-

Great start to the report PD :D  Very much so looking forward to the next installments.

Just don't go all lazy and forget about it like me please, as they say over here, "Keep 'er lit!!" :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Javey74

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Actually, I didn't take any pictures of my food. I think its because my mum was there and I didn't want her asking what the hell I was doing.
Just tell her it's a Disney thing..  :mrgreen:

Pete's Dragon

Wednesday 16th September
"Hi diddly dee, an Actor's Life for me"

Weather report for today, like everyday, was rain. Yet once again the Gods were kind to us. It was cloudy which kept the temperature at around 17C which is nice weather for walking around.
With my mum heading off to Paris, and after the fiasco that was breakfast the day before, we booked a place at Cafe Mickeys. Again Joshua was Capt. Sparrow, while Elisha went for her Snow White outfit. I think this one suits her best, especially with her dark eyes and hair, and her lovely round rosey cheeks

First on the menu (as it were) was Dale. I instantly turned into the biggest kid in the room. My knife and fork were put down as soon as I saw him, and I waited as patiently as I could. Elisha got her photo taken first (grrrrrrrr !!!)

And then it was my turn. If the sight of a fully grown man smiling just a little bit too enthusiastically over another man dressed in a fluffy costume is disturbing, then don't open the spoiler.
[spoiler:35lyyepp]Yip, I'm the biggest kid in the World
[/spoiler:35lyyepp]

And if you think that's bad, wait until my next encounted with Chip and Dale on a following day !
Next was Goofy and then Dale

By now I'd calmed down a little bit (well on the outside anyway)

Then all the characters disappeared. We'd all finished eating, but I wasn't going anywhere until I'd seen all 6 characters (always seems to be 6). So I drank my coffee very slowly. Joshua needed the toilet, and of course while I was away Price John, Mickey and Pluto had appeared at our table, and I had the camera in my pocket. Luckily being the good-hearted mouse that he is, he looped back around to us when I returned.

After breakfast we rushed to the park, but once inside we stopped for 15mins. The band was playing !!! Fantastic hearing the classics being played live (Bare Necessities, Zip-a-De-Doo-Da .... can't remember the rest)

We headed straight for Phantom Manor, which of course hadn't opened yet ( grrrrrr, staggered opening times). So it was time for our first ever trip on the Molly Brown. Jasmine gets very bad motion sickness, even on soemthing like this. But she braved it anyway (but stayed away and didn;t look at the water)

Even though Elisha protested we headed back to Phantom Manor. Then I decided to take a chance and headed over to the Critter Coral to see if any characters were about. I was expecting to see Woody or maybe Jessie. What we got instead was a snaking queue which went firstly into a hut where Goofy and Pluto were hanging out ...........

..... then over to another hut when Mickey and Minnie were ..........

...... and finally out and onto the platform to see Sheriff Woody.

Then as we were leaving, the Sheriff of Nottingham. Sweet, 6 characters in 20mins

We then decided to wander about Adventureland, and head towards Pirates (which had somehow become Elisha's favourite ride. :? ) Then Boom !! more characters. First was Baloo, who Elisha remember from last year as the giant bear who kept tickling her.

And Gepotto

Robin Hood was there as well, and Elisha really wanted to see him too, but the crowd was unreal. And was helped by [spoiler:35lyyepp]Spanish[/spoiler:35lyyepp] visitors pushing everyone out of the way. NOT pushing there kids to the front or trying to squeeze in from the sides. No they were physically pushing others kids back and then taking their places. Unbelievable  :shock:

After the Treehouse and the rope bridge, me and Jasmine took a little rest and let the kids run around for 1/2 hour in the playground beside Captain Hook's ship. Joshua was too warm and took off his Jack Sparrow costume. By now there was no chance of rain as all the clouds had cleared and it was becoming really warm.
Fully rested, we headed off to Pirates. As we were passing the Blue Lagoon Restaurant I spied the larger Jack Sparrow. I quickly put Joshua dress-up back on including his hair, even though the poor little chap was still too warm. But it paid off. There was a massive queue for autographs, but Jack stopped and immediately grabbed Joshua. He kidded and joked with him for a good 5-10mins and I think Joshua got a little embarrased with all the attention

After Pirates, followed a quick blast on Peter Pan, the Labyrinth, IASW, Dumbo, Pinocchio, Snow White and Lancelot's Carousel. Then Elisha, completely out of the blue, decided she would like to have her face painted. This is unheard of !! The girl was always to scared at local fares or at kid's parties. Yet here she was asking to be made up like a butterfly.

And that was pretty much it for the park that day. We headed back to the Hotel and met my mum, who had a lovely time around Paris. To my shock she had taken a grand total of 6 photos !!!!!!! Huh ?!?!?! Only 6 ?!!?! And they'd chickened out at the 2nd floor of the Eiffel tower. So we headed down to the hotel restaurant again, and I had the stewed pork again. Hmmmmmm, delicious.
Afterwards (and after 3 days of nagging) we took the kids to the swimming pool. I have one word for the water , COLD !!!! It took me 20mins to get fully in. I went down one step at a time, and sometimes reversed back out again.
The kids had a great time splashing about. After an hour me and Elisha discovered a little Jacuzzi, and neither of us could be persuaded to get back into the pool.
(oh yeah, we had to pay €2 x 4 for the towels. What I didn't realise was that you paid at the hotel gift shop. The lady gave us the towels and told us to we could pay later .......... ok, sure ...... will do ....... oops, I must have forgot  :) )

After the pool we all had showers for 1/2 hour before heading back to the room for 4 back-to-back episodes of The Suite Life on Deck, and one little quick Phienus (?) and Furb before bed.

To be Continued................

Javey74

Another real enjoyable read, I've never seen so many character photo's in one straight run on a Trip Report. Nicely done Pete..  :wink:  :D

I must say without a doubt, you were all enjoying yourselves, the photos really prove that..  :D/

Looking forward to the next instalment now...  :wink:  :D

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Javey74"Another real enjoyable read, I've never seen so many character photo's in one straight run on a Trip Report. Nicely done Pete..  :wink:  :D

I must say without a doubt, you were all enjoying yourselves, the photos really prove that..  :D/

Looking forward to the next instalment now...  :wink:  :D

I know, I hadn't even made a plan of looking for them, they just seemed to appear. I was happy with the ones I saw at breakfast (obviously!!).
Although Elisha wasn't. The rest of the day she kept saying she still had to see Donald, and she meant it !!!!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"And then it was my turn. If the sight of a fully grown man smiling just a little bit too enthusiastically over another man dressed in a fluffy costume is disturbing, then don't open the spoiler.
[spoiler:2gt0f9dn]Yip, I'm the biggest kid in the World
[/spoiler:2gt0f9dn]

WOW! Now THAT'S a smile! :P

A highly enjoyable report so far PD, I really cannot wait to read the rest :mrgreen: